The Student Room Group

Generally, why is it only a select few guys that get the all of girls?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by zKlown
Well, that's subjective

I find dishwater very interesting

"Interesting" and attractive are two very different things my friend :ahee:
I think the bad boys are dull. They only have one quality to them and it gets old. Nice guys>Bad boys
Original post by jonski
Coz girls become instantly more attracted to you if they know other girls are too

I'd actually say that is more the case with boys, as it is then seen as more of a challenge to them... Myself and other girls i know have said it is definitely not a turn on if a boy talks to lots of different girls on a daily basis as girls are often too insecure for the competition (not all girls obvs)
Reply 23
Original post by Tyler.
Well this isn't fact, I'm not a female but this is my conclusion;

Their heart desires a nice gentle guy who isn't going to mess them around and is going to take good care of them. Their head tells them otherwise - so when they spend time with a "bad boy" they tend to fall for them. Most girls love a bit of roughness and a bit of mysteriousness.

That does tend to change later on in life, or so I've heard.

Girls, feel free to correct me. I don't pretend to be an expert. ;p

Yes... Personally at least, if a guy is too nice to me I'll get bored pretty fast... guaranteed, I like a bit of a chase... HOWEVER on the other side I don't like a guy being disinterested... therefore, smooth-talking bad-boys are what I end up with. One day I'll learn...
Reply 24
Well you're asking why a lot of girls don't settle for 'average'? If you can get better than average (whatever that means), then surely you don't settle for less?
If the 'package' you're describing contains the same things that I look for in a guy (looks that I am into, nice style, social, funny, clever, doing well academically etc.), then you simply have to look at those guys and see what it is they have that make them interesting. Confident men who are good at something, ambitious and popular among guys are also often popular with girls. Many of the things that attract girls can be obtained, so you have a shot as long as you don't have a micropenis (and even then, practice cunnilingus). And also remember that young guys brag a lot and care about image, so things aren't always as they seem.
Reply 25
I've never in real life encountered this idea that girls only go for 'bad boys', every type of guy is capable of getting girls unless he's painfully awkward, in which case it's really not the fault of the girl or the guy who has the confidence to try.
Reply 26
Original post by zKlown
That's cool, so you're not average girl then?

Piks or GTFO

touched a nerve? :wink:
Reply 27
It's quite depressing that I clicked the money without hesitating for a second

Original post by Noodlepants
Bad boys tend to be the most confident funny guys.
Nice and kind = dull as dishwater.

This. 100 times over.
I'm not nice enough for nice guys, I just hurt them. I try not to, but always fail.
Reply 28
Original post by Anya~
touched a nerve? :wink:

Nah, not even that

But you can't chat about average this, average that without posting a picture of yourself inni

Most people are average on here, so ya know

Original post by Tyler.
Well this isn't fact, I'm not a female but this is my conclusion;

Their heart desires a nice gentle guy who isn't going to mess them around and is going to take good care of them. Their head tells them otherwise - so when they spend time with a "bad boy" they tend to fall for them. Most girls love a bit of roughness and a bit of mysteriousness.

That does tend to change later on in life, or so I've heard.

Girls, feel free to correct me. I don't pretend to be an expert. ;p

Hey we aren't all like that!

You pretty much hit the nail on the head though :/ *Sigh* :frown: Oh how the female sex fail...
Reply 30
Original post by Jadelyndsey
Hey we aren't all like that!

You pretty much hit the nail on the head though :/ *Sigh* :frown: Oh how the female sex fail...

It's funny though. With guys it's the complete reverse. The bag guys go with the good girls. I guess the old saying opposites attract is very true.
Reply 31
Original post by Anya~
Cause the average guy = yawn

really? how?
Original post by Tyler.
It's funny though. With guys it's the complete reverse. The bag guys go with the good girls. I guess the old saying opposites attract is very true.

I agree. Do you want to know why this is though? Because every person whether they admit it or not, LOVES a challenge. In relationships, women think that by going out with a "bad boy" they can tame them, and get them under the thumb, and "bad boys" think that they can slut up their girlfriends whilst still retaining their innocence and personality etc. Clearly, this rarely happens. I've only seen it happen in Grease :L
Reply 33
They want alpha males whether they know it or not. The guys that hold the attention, the conversation, have the rest of the guys licking their ass.

Again, why do guys come here all the time like girls owe them soemthing?
Reply 34
What is average then? And why are people seemingly afraid of it?

Original post by Anya~
Cause the average guy = yawn

Cause the average guy = will pay you child support?

Just accept yourself for who you damn well are.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 35
I agree. Do you want to know why this is though? Because every person whether they admit it or not, LOVES a challenge. In relationships, women think that by going out with a "bad boy" they can tame them, and get them under the thumb, and "bad boys" think that they can slut up their girlfriends whilst still retaining their innocence and personality etc. Clearly, this rarely happens. I've only seen it happen in Grease :L

I sort of consider myself a "bad boy" (hate using that term). I love the sort of innocent, slightly shy girls. I will try and explain my reasons, hopefully it won't sound so strange.

It's amazing taking a girl out and doing things with them, that they've never done before. For example I study at Oxford and on the 1st date with my ex we were walking beside the river it had gone 12 midnight and I suggested borrowing (without consent) a small gondola, we ended up on a secluded part of the Thames and had the best sex, under the stars. Seeing her reaction, seeing here worry slightly was such an amazing experience.

We were complete opposites, I'm just a normal guy from London, with normal family. She was very well off, her dad an investment banker. Things she got me to do I loved too - going to exclusive parties with her dad's work friends, being lent his porsche for a weekend to France.

I think it all boils down to difference, people love experiencing different things, in a way she started controlling me and not in a bad way for example; we would lie in bed together on a Saturday night listening to music and studying - something I never did before.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 36
Original post by Anonymous
Darn it Hull!

I live near Hull too!

I must say, though, looking at the general attractiveness of your average Hull resident, it's not surprising that the few who actually look human have all the women within a 20-mile radius after them :awesome:
Original post by Tyler.
I sort of consider myself a "bad boy" (hate using that term). I love the sort of innocent, slightly shy girls. I will try and explain my reasons, hopefully it won't sound so strange.

It's amazing taking a girl out and doing things with them, that they've never done before. For example I study at Oxford and on the 1st date with my ex we were walking beside the river it had gone 12 midnight and I suggested borrowing (without consent) a small gondola, we ended up on a secluded part of the Thames and had the best sex, under the stars. Seeing her reaction, seeing here worry slightly was such an amazing experience.

We were complete opposites, I'm just a normal guy from London, with normal family. She was very well off, her dad an investment banker. Things she got me to do I loved too - going to exclusive parties with her dad's work friends, being lent his porsche for a weekend to France.

I think it all boils down to difference, people love experiencing different things, in a way she started controlling me and not in a bad way for example; we would lie in bed together on a Saturday night listening to music and studying - something I never did before.

The term "bad boy" is completely subjective though... Would you say you are a bit rough around the edges? or solely match the description of a bad boy simply through preference of girls?

I agree again though. Opposites do indeed attract. I have to admit, I suppose I'm a "good girl," I go to an all girls school, I'm a virgin, and I am extremely shy with people I first meet, and my cheeks go pink too often for my liking. I do lose this shyness with time though haha, and I too tend to be attracted to "bad boys". Not like criminals... but people who have erm... life experience. :L

ps, definetly boils down to difference, everyone loves to experience the unknown. :biggrin:
Reply 38
The term "bad boy" is completely subjective though... Would you say you are a bit rough around the edges? or solely match the description of a bad boy simply through preference of girls?

I agree again though. Opposites do indeed attract. I have to admit, I suppose I'm a "good girl," I go to an all girls school, I'm a virgin, and I am extremely shy with people I first meet, and my cheeks go pink too often for my liking. I do lose this shyness with time though haha, and I too tend to be attracted to "bad boys". Not like criminals... but people who have erm... life experience. :L

ps, definetly boils down to difference, everyone loves to experience the unknown. :biggrin:

I am very rough around the edges. I do tend to get in quite a bit of trouble, but I consider myself to be a very good smooth talker, and tend to talk myself out of it (Possibly why I study Law). I find it quite cute when a girl goes red round the cheeks and I tend to play on that tbh.
Original post by Tyler.
I am very rough around the edges. I do tend to get in quite a bit of trouble, but I consider myself to be a very good smooth talker, and tend to talk myself out of it (Possibly why I study Law). I find it quite cute when a girl goes red round the cheeks and I tend to play on that tbh.

Ahahaha oh obviously these traits work to your advantage in law then! ahah, you might think it's cute, but it is utterly embarassing. Especially since the more attention I get, the redder I go. Hahah! Not so much of an issue now though, don't really care what people think anymore :biggrin:

It's all part of the chase too though isn't it. What's the point in a guy going for a girl who would do anything he says? There is no challenge. You men like to ... win stuff :L

Quick Reply

Latest