The Student Room Group

Girls: Do you really care about abs over big chest, shoulders, arms and back?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Broad shoulders and muscular arms are a much bigger turn on than toned abs.
Girls prefer the second picture ! :smile: The first one is just wrong.. And its good that you have realised that personality means something.... But we also prefer mature guys... as in guys acting their age.
I can give you a example; I liked this guy in college, I saw him around last year and he looked good. But this year he is in one of my classes and sits right behind me, and after listening to him after 5 months because he is so loud ! Its a big turn off, everything he says is so immature and seems so cocky ! So yeah personality means a lot... not just looks. :smile:

(Sorry about the longggg eassy)
Reply 62
Original post by j.emilylala
You dont necessarily HAVE to spend time at the gym to have a good physique?

No, you don't. You'd probably be better off in the gym, unless you have a lot of equipment available to you elsewhere. But unlike your first post suggested, you don't have to be 'obsessed' with going to the gym either.
I like broad shoulders, but guys generally have these naturally anyway.

I wouldn't worry about wasting time working out for girls. I, for one, wouldn't want a guy to do that.
Its all about the thighs :drool:
Original post by Lexi99
Nah I'd much rather have a slighty flabby, cuddly tummy over a 6 pack. It says that the guy is more chilled and relaxed about life and doesnt care if he has a hair out of place or a bit of extra weight than if he looks good.

Also it would make me feel bad about myself if i had to be next to a perfectly toned guy

So a guy who doesn't like being lazy and stuffs his face is not seen as a 'chill' person?

Such EPIC fail.

For example if we're considering what food to eat I assure you that I am quite capable of eating more than guys with bellies, I just see no need to eat that then stuff myself with chocolate bars from the local straight afterwards.

Young women like you get a shock when you're older with regards to your 'chilled' lifestyle.
Reply 66
For me, big cock > toned abs
Original post by Threepigs
This...

four hours a week, 168 hours in a week equates to spending to much time in the gym.

Oh lawdy, lawd. why do i torture myself entering these threads.

lol, I was going to give the same reply but its not worth it.
Original post by robotwars
yes i know you care about personality over anything else :rolleyes: but putting personality aside for a moment here.

i've spoken to girls online (albeit from other countries. mainly the USA) and they have said they care a lot about if they can see the guy's abs. they dont care much for big shoulders, chest, back and arms, as long as they can see the guy's abs. i have showed pictures of random guys who are big and strong (mostly rugby players) and have said they hate them because no abs are showing. they dont have a big belly but simply no abs are showing.

so i ask you girls this: do you only care about the abs over big shoulders, chest, back and arms?

chest, back, shoulders and back are more important than full blown abs if you ask me, so long as they're not fat or flabby
Original post by robotwars
yes i know you care about personality over anything else :rolleyes: but putting personality aside for a moment here.

i've spoken to girls online (albeit from other countries. mainly the USA) and they have said they care a lot about if they can see the guy's abs. they dont care much for big shoulders, chest, back and arms, as long as they can see the guy's abs. i have showed pictures of random guys who are big and strong (mostly rugby players) and have said they hate them because no abs are showing. they dont have a big belly but simply no abs are showing.

so i ask you girls this: do you only care about the abs over big shoulders, chest, back and arms?

Well if were figuratively speaking, with looks aside, I have to say no I don't.

If I saw a guy with abs, I would be like "Yeh, he worked for that" but really in my head, I would be thinking "he is over complusive, and too focussed on how his body looks" so abs tend to make me be like meh :/ In my experience, the over compulsive thing generally tends to be the case with most guys who have 6/8 packs, but obviously that's just a stereotype, and I KNOW there are plenty of people out there with sculped bodies who are lovely :smile:

I prefer someone who is large, broad and burly :biggrin:
Reply 70
I like height and broadness...like wide shoulders . To be honest, as long as a guy has a nice face, are funny and dont take themselves too seriously its all good :smile: Abs sont do it for me, its more overall broadness and a handsom face.
Reply 71
Original post by HARRY PUTAH
So a guy who doesn't like being lazy and stuffs his face is not seen as a 'chill' person?

Such EPIC fail.

For example if we're considering what food to eat I assure you that I am quite capable of eating more than guys with bellies, I just see no need to eat that then stuff myself with chocolate bars from the local straight afterwards.

Young women like you get a shock when you're older with regards to your 'chilled' lifestyle.

Original post by Lexi99
This is the general impression i get of guys that work out.

I think its cos i have roommate who is the only person i know who goes to the gym and is constantly obssessing over what he eats, if its good for him; the other day he freaked out cos he was getting a tiny beer belly :rolleyes:

I would rather be with a guy who wasnt as extreme as that and would rather spend time with me than workout

Reply 72
Original post by innerhollow
Women are always quick to say that they don't like muscled guys etc. but I've never seen any muscular guys have much trouble in their lovelife compared to their skinny counterparts. People can say what they want, but all those millenia of sexual selection have certainly favoured more muscular men.

Well, that's besides the point. I was merely pointing out the misconception in your post.

hey, i do further maths and i cant figure out what your sig is supposed to mean, maybe im just being thick, can you explain it for me? :wink:
Original post by albertb
hey, i do further maths and i cant figure out what your sig is supposed to mean, maybe im just being thick, can you explain it for me? :wink:

Original post by Ich Dien
With my year of AS Maths, Its gonna take me a few hours to dissassemble your sig :P

I've replaced the letter 'i' with its value when rearranged for in the equation eiπ=1e^{i \pi} = -1, (which rearranges to ln(1)=iπln(-1) = i \pi) then replaced 'e' with a power series expansion of exe^x.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 74
I've replaced the letter 'i' with its value when rearranged for in the equation eiπ+1=0e^{i \pi} + 1 = 0, then replaced 'e' with a power series expansion of exe^x.

............ :yes:
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 75
I've replaced the letter 'i' with its value when rearranged for in the equation eiπ=1e^{i \pi} = -1, (which rearranges to ln(1)=iπln(-1) = i \pi) then replaced 'e' with a power series expansion of exe^x.

ahh right, so it says 'i like maths' :tongue:

man i should have figured that out... :s-smilie:
Reply 76
Implying any girl on here is hot enough to be demanding nice abs, shoulders, arms or anything
Reply 77
What's wrong with looking after yourself and being a healthy adult?

Everyone who goes to the gym isn't a meathead.
Reply 78
Women are always quick to say that they don't like muscled guys etc. but I've never seen any muscular guys have much trouble in their lovelife compared to their skinny counterparts. People can say what they want, but all those millenia of sexual selection have certainly favoured more muscular men.

Well, that's besides the point. I was merely pointing out the misconception in your post.

Don't worry. Just let the TSR girls keep telling their obvious lies in general. They're deceiving no-one but themselves. From my life experience, guys who have a great physique generally get loads of attention from girls and women compared to fat/skinny/average guys. But just let the TSR girls keep lying to themselves.
Reply 79
Original post by Cable
Don't worry. Just let the TSR girls keep telling their obvious lies in general. They're deceiving no-one but themselves. From my life experience, guys who have a great physique generally get loads of attention from girls and women compared to fat/skinny/average guys. But just let the TSR girls keep lying to themselves.

A woman lying to a man

Surely not.

Women are ruled by their emotions and urges, natural selection made it that way, a women who is worth being called 'unique' in personality is simply fighting the inevitable so much it causes them stress.

Seen it time and time agian.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending