The Student Room Group

Girls in public

ok I do dress really well, like I do look good, but when walking around the mall, if I look around I dont see anyone obviously staring, but like if I look through a reflection I can see people looking up and down, sometimes ive seen girls look and when I look they look away, why is this?

When I walk past another well kepy guy, I always look away but I can feel theyre staring...sometimes I say a small prayer to avoid the evil eye and all

anyway, why do they look away, why cudnt they just smile?
Reply 1
Because they're knob jockeys?
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous
ok I do dress really well, like I do look good, but when walking around the mall, if I look around I dont see anyone obviously staring, but like if I look through a reflection I can see people looking up and down, sometimes ive seen girls look and when I look they look away, why is this?

When I walk past another well kepy guy, I always look away but I can feel theyre staring...sometimes I say a small prayer to avoid the evil eye and all

anyway, why do they look away, why cudnt they just smile?

Because if they smile, there's a 99.9% chance of you calling them a creep and them then being embarrased. Would you seriously not be creeped out by looking at a guy you've never met and he's there smiling at you? Specially if he's old :wink: :confused:
Reply 3
if only i had your problems, my life would be a lot simpler.....
Reply 4
Cos you look like this?

Reply 5
Because they just wanne stare or not give away that they maybe attracted to u or something along those lines.
Reply 6
Because they don't want you to chat them up. (Smiling could be misconstrued as an invitation.)

Or because they are embarrassed because they know that staring is rude.
Reply 7
Well do you normally smile at everyone you walk past..? Most people tend to avoid eye contact with strangers I think. I smile at people that look friendly, but maybe girls don't smile at random (apparently) attractive strangers for fear that they may get rejected, and the guy may not smile back!
Reply 8
Mall? Are you American?

And the evil eye doesn't exist.
Original post by chrislpp
Cos you look like this?

:rofl:

+1 rep...that made me laugh so much :ahee:
Original post by Stefan1991
Mall? Are you American?

And the evil eye doesn't exist.

This baby would like to prove you wrong:

Original post by sil3nt_cha0s