The Student Room Group

Personal statement for medicine, ideas guys?!?!

heyy guys!

Okay i want my personal statement oustanding! does anyone want to offer some help giving me ideas? :P
i am doing gold award DOE where i am volunteering in a charity shop, joined the gymnastics club after school and learning how to compose music.
i ahve volunteered at a nursery and teach kids maths at a primary school and am planning on working at a old peoples home...
Went to Nottingham for Medlink and wrote up a research paper on nanotechnology
I play piano at grade 5 currently volunteered at a OSCE thingy.. and thats about it really... so these are some of the things i could add to my PS but any better ideas to make it stand outt??

ideas much appreciated! and soz i went baffling on! :biggrin:
Reply 1
There are SOO many threads on this...

Go and read the stickies and the wiki articles, and type 'how to write a medicine personal statement' into google.

And when you've done a draft, ask the PS helpers to read it over for you.

Also, have you never heard of work experience? Kind of a major part...
Don't forgot, quality over quantity. What you've mentioned seems good so far, but you need work experience in a medical workplace, so the admissions tutors know that you know what being a doctor is REALLY like. Don't just list what you've done like how you just did, pick a few good things and develop on them explaining how they helped you and why they make you a good applicant. If need be leave some things out and use them as extras to talk about in interview.
Reply 3
You don't seem to have much actual medical work experience. And it's not about what you've done but how you write about it. As has already been said, please read the stickies before asking any more questions - this is your third thread today.
Original post by MedicSoon!
wrote up a research paper on nanotechnology

Did it get published?
Reply 5
Original post by Polymorphing
Did it get published?

Havent got my results back yet, but i highly doubt it :s-smilie:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending