The Student Room Group

Afghanistan: Deadly Kandahar protest at Koran burning

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Steevee
Oh wow, that video.

Ok, so one gunship crew laugh and joke while they fire on what look like insurgants. Admittedly afterwards, the second burst of fire is not protocol. But what are you gunna do? Are you honestly trying to say that is comparable to the deliberate killing of civilians. The bodily mutilation of women and their subsequent condemnation to death for just being accused of seeing a man without a chaperone?

im not agreeing or justifying what the tablian do. However we are just as bad, expect we do it all in cloak and dagger, and make it out for things like we are doing it protect them, when infact its for our own selfish interests. Mugabe is killing his own people everyday, we dont intervene because we have no assets or investments there.

Were in Libya because BP has $150billion worth of investments there. Not to liberate a nation. The bombs that dropped in Iraq destroyed all infrastructure such as schools, hotels, water/electrical services. We put them back about 50years, i dont think this is liberating or freeing people. Once you start to do your own research and get the real news, not the crap you see on sky news or CNN, you will see how much we are being lied too.
Original post by harvie_316
there no more barbaric then us.

we drop bombs on a daily basis and kill children and women who have done nothing. We seem not to think this is barbaric, we just wash our hands of it because we have been told its to protect our "Freedom". I'm not Muslim but there is too much hate for Islam. We need to look at what our countries are doing, instead of judging others. we dont even know how true the article is as the media is full of lies.

The clothes we are wearing now most likely come from a sweatshop were children are being exploited. the same can be said for the laptops or PC we are using now. But hey were fine with that because we cant see it, lets take shots at Islam and make our selfs feel better that were not like them.

too many hippies on this forum... gtfo
Reply 22
im not a hippie, im someone who can no longer be brainwashed from the system. You guys will all come to this side, when you are ready. Wish you all the best journey to get there too :smile:
Reply 23
Original post by White Beauty
Lies, lies, lies. Islam is a religion of peace.

So what, you just don't believe this happened? Denial is the staple diet of the religious.

Regardless of whether or not Islam is a 'religion of peace', whatever that means, clearly some of its followers have been committing rather heinous acts in its name in the past couple of days.
Reply 24
im not a hippie, im someone who can no longer be brainwashed from the system. You guys will all come to this side, when you are ready. Wish you all the best journey to get there too :smile:

So are you a Rastafarian as well? Just wondering based on your picture with the red green and gold.
Reply 25
im not agreeing or justifying what the tablian do. However we are just as bad, expect we do it all in cloak and dagger, and make it out for things like we are doing it protect them, when infact its for our own selfish interests. Mugabe is killing his own people everyday, we dont intervene because we have no assets or investments there.

Were in Libya because BP has $150billion worth of investments there. Not to liberate a nation. The bombs that dropped in Iraq destroyed all infrastructure such as schools, hotels, water/electrical services. We put them back about 50years, i dont think this is liberating or freeing people. Once you start to do your own research and get the real news, not the crap you see on sky news or CNN, you will see how much we are being lied too.

Rubbish rubbish rubbish! We are not just as bloody bad!

The action the UK takes is never intended to kill and injure civilians! We never set out to oppress people! The Taliban do! As do the dictators we dispose of! Please, stop saying this rubbish. We are not whiter than white, be we are no f****** Taliban!

You know why we don't do anything? No UN resolution among other factors. And yes equally, we have no interests there, but also there are no rebels calling to us for help. It's funny, but the international community takes a dim view of countries invading other sovreign nations and disposing of their government. If we did, we'd just have your lot shouting about us only acting in our own interests again.

And we have not taken Iraq back any years. Do you know how much we've spent rebuilding that nation? Do you knwo the sort of restrictions imposed upon them by Saddam? We've brought them into the world, not held them back. DO you think we have the budget to indivdually target every insurgent in every building in Iraq without causing some damage? Eugh. And besides, you realise that the huge majority of civilian casualties in Iraq are caused by the insurgents? Not us? They're the ones that suicide bomb crowded markets. I've yet to see the British Army use that tactic :rolleyes:

I know we're not whiter than white. I know that we act in our own interests. But it just so happens that sometimes our interests aline with those of the people. What would you have us do? Act as world Police and step in, in every nation where there is injustice? Please. We do not have the resources or the support to do such a thing.
Reply 26
Original post by Harrifer
So are you a Rastafarian as well? Just wondering based on your picture with the red green and gold.

nope, im not:biggrin:
Original post by Steevee
Rubbish rubbish rubbish! We are not just as bloody bad!

The action the UK takes is never intended to kill and injure civilians! We never set out to oppress people! The Taliban do! As do the dictators we dispose of! Please, stop saying this rubbish. We are not whiter than white, be we are no f****** Taliban!

You know why we don't do anything? No UN resolution among other factors. And yes equally, we have no interests there, but also there are no rebels calling to us for help. It's funny, but the international community takes a dim view of countries invading other sovreign nations and disposing of their government. If we did, we'd just have your lot shouting about us only acting in our own interests again.

And we have not taken Iraq back any years. Do you know how much we've spent rebuilding that nation? Do you knwo the sort of restrictions imposed upon them by Saddam? We've brought them into the world, not held them back. DO you think we have the budget to indivdually target every insurgent in every building in Iraq without causing some damage? Eugh. And besides, you realise that the huge majority of civilian casualties in Iraq are caused by the insurgents? Not us? They're the ones that suicide bomb crowded markets. I've yet to see the British Army use that tactic :rolleyes:

I know we're not whiter than white. I know that we act in our own interests. But it just so happens that sometimes our interests aline with those of the people. What would you have us do? Act as world Police and step in, in every nation where there is injustice? Please. We do not have the resources or the support to do such a thing.

We could go on with this tennis match all day. Everything you said in the post above, may be true to you. I.E you saw it in reports, news documents or other stuff thus being "true". I would ask you to show me sources, but even if you did, I cant believe anything I read any way.

UK/US/NATO or whatever they are calling themselves these days are controlled by a few people at the top, names we dont know who pull all the strings.

Just remember there are always two sides to a story. Hopefully from this debate, I can learn more from your point of view and take it on board and adjust my views on what happening, and you can take some of mine on board.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 27
I would ask you to show me sources, but even if you did, I cant believe anything I read anyway.

You're probably a regular in speakers corner, right?
Reply 28
nope, im not:biggrin:

We could go on with this tennis match all day. Everything you said in the post above, may be true to you. I.E you saw it in reports, news documents or other stuff thus being "true". I would ask you to show me sources, but even if you did, I cant believe anything I read any way.

UK/US/NATO or whatever they are calling themselves these days are controlled by a few people at the top, names we dont know who pull all the strings.

Just remember there are always two sides to a story. Hopefully from this debate, I can learn more from your point of view and take it on board and adjust my views on what happening, and you can take some of mine on board.

Riigghhhttt. Just dismiss all of my points as not really true. That's not really good enough. Either disprove them, or challenge them, or bow out of the argument. Don't make some vauge assertion that they are not true because you are oh so enlightened by not watching mainstream media.

Wait. Is the next step in your argument going to reference the NWO and a Zionist conspiracy? :rolleyes:
Reply 29
Don't know why they're killing each other. I understand their anger though, 10 years foreigners occupying their country, drone strikes everyday, cancerous kill teams butchering their fellow citizens and now the supposed helpers are desecrating their religion.
Reply 30
Sad all round.

No excuse for the killings....dreadfull.

BUT - what would the US christian right be saying if Gaddafi or Osama B L was filmed burning a bible ??

The US pastor has a lot to answer for...foolish and disrespectful act that had an impact on innocent lives.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 31
Original post by Harrifer
You're probably a regular in speakers corner, right?

nope, might start though

Original post by Steevee
Riigghhhttt. Just dismiss all of my points as not really true. That's not really good enough. Either disprove them, or challenge them, or bow out of the argument. Don't make some vauge assertion that they are not true because you are oh so enlightened by not watching mainstream media.

Wait. Is the next step in your argument going to reference the NWO and a Zionist conspiracy? :rolleyes:

I seen enough debates on many forums on different topics, which go on for hours, I dont really want to disprove or challenge them, as I can be here for days. I already know what is true and what is not. I also see were you are coming from, because I was in that place a few years ago, not knowing any better.

This thread started off very one sided, I wanted to show both sides of the coin. if only one person reads what I said and goes away to research the things I said and can see what is really happening. I'm happy. If they dont, i'm still happy, because life to short to be anything but happy :smile:
Reply 32
nope, might start though

Please video it.

I already know what is true and what is not.

This is when I realised you were a douche.

This thread started off very one sided, I wanted to show both sides of the coin.

This was when I realised the scale of it.
Reply 33
(Some) muslims need to grow the f*** up
Reply 34
no need to insult anyone, You dont know nothing about me, expect my one view on a particular topic, I doubt that is enough to label anyone a "douche" or anything like that.

unfortunately this is the common procedure on most forums, just labelling somebody this or that on as little information as possible.
Reply 35
Original post by Folkdeejay
Sad all round.

No excuse for the killings....dreadfull.

BUT - what would the US christian right be saying if Gaddafi or Osama B L was filmed burning a bible ??

The US pastor has a lot to answer for...foolish and disrespectful act that had an impact on innocent lives.

Well, there's nothing hypothetical about that. Christians are being murdered in the Muslim world (Pakistan, Algeria, Tunisia, Egypt, etc..) but do you see them hunting down and kill muslim in the US or in the UK?

Life is more precious than any books.
Reply 36
Original post by Mannix99
Well, there's nothing hypothetical about that. Christians are being murdered in the Muslim world (Pakistan, Algeria, Tunisia, Egypt, etc..) but do you see them hunting down and kill muslim in the US or in the UK?

Life is more precious than any books.

there no need to kill them in the US or UK, when they are dropping bombs everyday in the middle east. Also your comment is way off, the only Christians being killed in the middle east are soldiers. You may get a very small % civilians be killed in the middle east, for reasons of only being white, but people get killed in the UK and US for being a different colour, but this is such a small monitory.

Over here, over there its the same thing, we all are one, HUMAN, were not American, Indian, British, Iraqi, but HUMANS.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 37
Original post by Steevee
See the medical aid they provide, how they clear IED's that would kill a civilian car that drove over them, how they rescued and treated women mutilated by the Taliban. Then, compare them to the Taliban.

You keep bringing up how the Taliban mutilate women, what exactly are you reffering to when you say this?

Also please stop the We don't do this, We do that. No one is accusing you of anything and you have no connection to those who are being reffered to unless you are an agent of the British government.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 38
there no need to kill them in the US or UK, when they are dropping bombs everyday in the middle east. Also your comment is way off, the only Christians being killed in the middle east are soldiers.

You don't appear to be well informed. Church are burning in Egypt, Christians are being killed in Pakistan, Irak, etc.. and in other part of the Muslim world because of their religion. You can't denied that.
This shouldn't surprise anybody, after the riots, protests, and killings following the cartoons of Muhammad a few years back. Even in the UK, vast majorities of Muslims feel that people should be punished for speaking their mind about Islam (ie, committing "blasphemy"). The Florida pastor is a nutcase as well, but that doesn't even begin to excuse this.

Quick Reply