Scroll to see replies

Original post by JK.
What has this thread descended into. :facepalm2:

Chaos, and one-WUMmanship.
Reply 7921
JK.
OP
Original post by T.Adams VI

Was it really that hard to decide who our first team right winger should be? Are you that deluded?

I think the fact that he put it as a 4-4-2 says enough. The 'it makes it easier to compare' line is *******s when that's just simply not the team we play.
Reply 7922
JK.
OP
Original post by Kevmeister
Chaos, and one-WUMmanship.

Makes a change. :colonhash:
Reply 7923
According to Wiki

Rosicky 1 goal 5 assists

Arshavin 10 goals 17 assists

Walcott 11 goals 8 assists

Was it really that hard to decide who our first team right winger should be? Are you that deluded?

You're clearly a spurs fan, which is why you jumped at that chance to compare both squads, so you could make a point. The fact you only come in this thread when we lose makes the case of you being a spurs fan even stronger.

The squads are comparable though Spurs are at the same level as Arsenal there is no doubt about that but you continue to deny this.
Original post by Deshi
He was better, maybe not a lot better, but he was definitely better.

Well then there's no other conclusion other than you being stupid. You come out with a lot of crap (e.g. Bendtner=Bent :lol:) and then have the audacity to label other people as wums :toofunny:

Bendtner = Bent is not as stupid as you may think. Bendtner manage 15 goals from a bench role a couple of seasons ago. He suits a system with target strikers. I've seen enough of him to confidently say, in a physical side, he can do everything that Bent is capable of. I don't rate Bent (just like I don't rate most english players) so clearly I don't really rate Bendtner either. But getting 20 goals in another side, wouldn't be impossible for Bendtner. Which is what Bent is averageing now while not offering anthing else.
Original post by JK.
I think the fact that he put it as a 4-4-2 says enough. The 'it makes it easier to compare' line is *******s when that's just simply not the team we play.

We're comparing individuals, not teams.

If you want to compare teams you look at the league position.
Arsenal = joke. Dropping points left right and centre. West Brom, Blackburn, Sunderland and nearly Stoke. Don't deserve to win a thing.
Reply 7927
Bendtner = Bent is not as stupid as you may think. Bendtner manage 15 goals from a bench role a couple of seasons ago. He suits a system with target strikers. I've seen enough of him to confidently say, in a physical side, he can do everything that Bent is capable of. I don't rate Bent (just like I don't rate most english players) so clearly I don't really rate Bendtner either. But getting 20 goals in another side, wouldn't be impossible for Bendtner. Which is what Bent is averageing now while not offering anthing else.

Calm down please, Bendtner misses a hatful of chances every week for one of the most attacking teams in the world. Darren Bent has proven himself as a top finisher with the likes of Charlton and Sunderland not exactly Premier League powerhouses. If you don't rate him that is your opinion but the general consensus differs.
Reply 7928
JK.
OP
Original post by TommyWannabe

That still doesn't make sense, how can you possibly say you want accuracy then put Tom Rosicky in ahead of Arsh/Theo. What about Song, too? He not a first team player? Djourou is in ahead of Kos, too.

If you're comparing individuals surely the sensible thing to do would be to put both actual first teams down, then compare the players in the most comparable positions?

Arsenal

-Szcz-
-Sagna--Djourou--Verm--Clichy-
-Song---------
------------Jack-
-Nasri/Theo---Cesc---Nasri/Arsh-
-RvP-
(edited 13 years ago)

So why did you choose 4-4-2, couldn't you have chosen 4-3-3? After all 4-3-3 is the most common formation amongst the top sides. But of course you chose 4-4-2 because you are looking at things from a tottenham perpspective.
(edited 13 years ago)
So why did you choose 4-4-2, couldn't you have chosen 4-3-3? After all 4-3-3 is the most common formation amongst the top sides. But of course you chose 4-4-2 because you are looking at things from a tottenham perpspective.

You actually think I'm a Spurs fan :haha:
Original post by JK.
That still doesn't make sense, how can you possibly say you want accuracy then put Tom Rosicky in ahead of Arsh/Theo. What about Song, too? He not a first team player? Djourou is in ahead of Kos, too.

If you're comparing individuals surely the sensible thing to do would be to put both actual first teams down, then compare the players in the most comparable positions?

Arsenal

-Szcz-
-Sagna--Djourou--Verm--Clichy-
-Song---------
------------Jack-
-Cesc-
-Nasri/Theo-----------------Nasri/Arsh-
-RvP-

That'll do me. It makes it inherently more difficult though.

Personally I wouldn't have Djourou in front of Koz, but they're just about as bad as each other.
Reply 7932
Gomes>Almunia
Sagna>Hutton
Gallas>Djourou
Dawson>Koscielny
Clichy>Assou Ekotto (just about)
Modric>Nasri
Bale>Arshavin
Song>Palacios
Fabregas> Van der Vaart (quite close)
RVP>Crouch/Pav

Overall squad depth I would say Spurs are stronger but starting XI's are very close.
Reply 7933
Ther term World Class being dished out to the likes of King, Dawson and Defoe :facepalm2:
Reply 7934
JK.
OP
That'll do me. It makes it inherently more difficult though.

Personally I wouldn't have Djourou in front of Koz, but they're just about as bad as each other.

As bad as each other? Djourou is unbeaten in 29 prem matches - the best in the division and we concede on average once every 250 mins with him playing. ****ing ****, isn't he?
Reply 7935
Original post by R-KAM
Ther term World Class being dished out to the likes of King, Dawson and Defoe :facepalm2:

You would be hard pressed to find many defenders better so therefore they are world class.
Reply 7936
JK.
OP
Original post by R-KAM

Too many wums :facepalm2:

MoMatrix has to be just about the worst one on here. Always too blatant.

Time to depart.
Reply 7937
Original post by JK.
Too many wums :facepalm2:

MoMatrix has to be just about the worst one on here. Always too blatant.

Time to depart.

You cannot disprove anything I have written though.I haven't made any ridiculous statements e.g (Bendtner=Bent)
Reply 7938

You're an idiot.
Original post by R-KAM

I've said it before, and I'll say it again, the Spurs team along with 'Arry is scarily overrated.

I like Spurs as a side, but this is beyond a joke. The past two pages, have just been pure garbage.

Latest