The Student Room Group

Why do you think he hasn't added me on facebook?

anon or delete this is embarssing
yeah, fraid so, it's another FB question :colondollar:

i'll keep it short, it's not anything that's keeping me up at night or something i think about all day, i'm just curious on your opinions.

i'm 16, nearly 17 and in yr 12. in year 11 about halfway through i got facebook and started adding people i knew... i added this guy, call him Max. ok so i thought i added him but he didn't get added to my contacts, so i went on his page again and it still gave me the option to add him as a friend, so i did it again. i am 100% sure it went through. he didn't get added as a friend so i assumed he didn't accept it or left it pending. i had loads of classes with this guy in year 11, and we spoke a little bit.

now i wasn't too bothered i was just like "ok fine"... i thought it was weird since he's friends with other people he spoke to less than me, for example one of my friends i know for a fact he's never spoken to but i know they're "friends" on f/b.

ok well now at college we're in 2 classes, and i speak to him more often than i did before, and our college is pretty small, it's not even a 6thform but we only have about 7 people in one of the classes we share and 9 in the other (it's fed from two school in our general area and each school only has 80 per year groupish). he still hasn't added me, and i don't want to add him because he rejected me.

do you think he dislikes me?
Why do you care about such a menial thing like this? Facebook doesn't equal real life, so who cares? If you think he dislikes you then just ask him in college whether you've done something to offend or annoy him, or prompt him about FB, if it really bothers you that much.
Reply 2
Original post by Bird Smasher
Why do you care about such a menial thing like this? Facebook doesn't equal real life, so who cares? If you think he dislikes you then just ask him in college whether you've done something to offend or annoy him, or prompt him about FB, if it really bothers you that much.

thank you for giving the expected answer :rolleyes:

why does it bother you so much i'm asking a Q about facebook? it might be on the internet but it is still a person i know in real life, and it's the norm to add people you know, and he has other people he speaks to less on his. i'm just wondering, i didn't know it was a crime.

i don't want to ask him. how weird would that be?
Reply 4
Maybe there's things on his Facebook he doesn't want you seeing? Perhaps he hardly ever uses his Facebook? It's possible he doesn't like you, despite you talking to him.

Why not just ask him?
the way i use facebook is,
if they are not a FRIEND, they do not go on my FRIENDS LIST, or get contacted by myself.

......ok, i make an exception with my parents + siblings.....though im still friendly with them ^_^

for me there is no 'classmate list' or 'cute person i see all the time in the school cafeteria list'.
maybe he thinks the same, and just does not consider you a friend.
Reply 6
Original post by NOBODY MOVE!
if they are not a FRIEND, they do not go on my FRIENDS LIST, or get contacted by myself.

......ok, i make an exception with my parents + siblings.....though im still friendly with them ^_^

for me there is no 'classmate list' or 'cute person i see all the time in the school cafeteria list'.

Waaat? If the cute person you see all the time in the cafeteria added you, you'd say no?! Come on! He or she is so cute!
Reply 7

yes i thought that but he has people on there he has never spoken to eg. my friend or others he speak to less than me
Reply 8
He dosen't wants to have you on his friends list. Jog on, it happened to me once :nopity:
Original post by Anonymous
yes i thought that but he has people on there he has never spoken to eg. my friend or others he speak to less than me

how you know people he speaks less frequently to than he does to you are not his friends?

how you know he doesnt speak to your friend at all? do you have a tracker or camera on him/your friend? ;D
Reply 10
how you know people he speaks less frequently to than he does to you are not his friends?

how you know he doesnt speak to your friend at all? do you have a tracker or camera on him/your friend? ;D

you know who people are friends with, you know who people never talk to. i could probably give you this info for most people in my year group whether they're my firends or not since it's such a small college. most people here could do the same. maybe it's different where you live but that's how it goes here.
Reply 11
i don't add randoms i talk to once in a while either i just leave their request pending, unless i think theyre cute of course :biggrin:
Reply 12
i think hes a player. i say u hookup. then rep me for the rest of my life.
people and their taking Facebook so seriously *eyeroll*

so what if he didn't add you? you talk in person. you're friends in person ... and I think that's worth a lot more than "he didn't add me on facebook!"
enjoy the friendship and stop worrying about menial things like why he hasn't added you :smile:
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by Anonymous
anon or delete this is embarssing
yeah, fraid so, it's another FB question :colondollar:

i'll keep it short, it's not anything that's keeping me up at night or something i think about all day, i'm just curious on your opinions.

i'm 16, nearly 17 and in yr 12. in year 11 about halfway through i got facebook and started adding people i knew... i added this guy, call him Max. ok so i thought i added him but he didn't get added to my contacts, so i went on his page again and it still gave me the option to add him as a friend, so i did it again. i am 100% sure it went through. he didn't get added as a friend so i assumed he didn't accept it or left it pending. i had loads of classes with this guy in year 11, and we spoke a little bit.

now i wasn't too bothered i was just like "ok fine"... i thought it was weird since he's friends with other people he spoke to less than me, for example one of my friends i know for a fact he's never spoken to but i know they're "friends" on f/b.

ok well now at college we're in 2 classes, and i speak to him more often than i did before, and our college is pretty small, it's not even a 6thform but we only have about 7 people in one of the classes we share and 9 in the other (it's fed from two school in our general area and each school only has 80 per year groupish). he still hasn't added me, and i don't want to add him because he rejected me.

do you think he dislikes me?

Maybe he writes about you in his FB wall??? THats just me guessing... YOu talk to him right?? Try to determine if he dislikes you in face2face conversation.... If he is talking to you, I am sure he doesn't dislike you...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending