The Student Room Group

"TSR girls =/= Girls in real life"

i saw someone post this in a thread and seen it a lot over tsr that girls on here are not like ones in real life.

i'd like to ask how people came to that conclusion. girls on tsr are still girls. they should, generally speaking, like the same things in a guy and do the same things as ordinary girls out there, in school, college, university or in the working world. so why do people say that tsr girls =/= girls in real life?:s-smilie:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Most people on TSR =/= people in real life, you should know that.
Reply 2
Nothing is firm over the internet, least of all what's under the belt line.
Reply 3
Maybe because they sometimes get treated differently on the way they look? :s-smilie:
Reply 4
TSR's demographics are very different to the demographics of society as a whole.
Reply 5
Original post by robotwars
i saw someone post this in a thread and seen it a lot over tsr that girls on here are not like ones in real life.

i'd like to ask how people came to that conclusion. girls on tsr are still girls. they should, generally speaking, like the same things in a guy and do the same things as ordinary girls out there, in school, college, university or in the working world. so why do people say that tsr girls =/= girls in real life?:s-smilie:

Girls on TSR are girls irl.
Reply 6
You have to be living in real life to.post on a forum
Half the girls on TSR are little boys in disguise.

But seriously. Between us and the internet, there are virtually no barriers. People behave differently. I don't think it's entirely true that people "be themselves more" on the internet necessarily. Sometimes I think they go too far in that direction too and are possibly a caricature of themselves. Sometimes they may experiment and say things they normally wouldn't. It's just a theory, mind you. But I know for a fact: people are different on here to real life so don't take any views as gospel.
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by kerily
TSR's demographics are very different to the demographics of society as a whole.

as emphasised by your massive boasting of your grades and university offers, like anyone gives a ****.
Reply 9
Original post by Tommyjw
Most people on TSR the Internet in general =/= people in real life, you should know that.

Fixed that for you :smile: Also, there are no women on the Internet. When I said ages ago that girls on the net were advanced AI and psychology experiments developed by American PhD students to gauge male reaction to the presence of women online, I wasn't joking.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 10
Original post by sil3nt_cha0s
as emphasised by your massive boasting of your grades and university offers, like anyone gives a ****.

Ta.

I'm not the only person with their academics in their signature, and they're only actually there because I'm sick to death of people PM'ing me and going 'what did you get in your GCSEs? What about your AS levels? What UMS did you get in each module? What are you studying in this subject and that subject? What board are you on? How many past papers did you do' etc. The offers are there so I can find people doing the same courses, for ideas of who I'll be studying with next year - everything else is there because you would not believe the number of people who PM me asking me the same questions repeatedly. (I'd just ignore it, but they they PM you again and again and again.)

I'm not boasting or expecting other people to care - it's honestly just logical.
Reply 11
Original post by ch0llima
Fixed that for you :smile:

Touché.
I think what is meant is girls (and guys) act differently online sometimes, they might big themselves up to be something they're not, and because it's the internet nobody will know. They may be totally different in reality. Of course, most don't lie about their gender, but there are other things to lie about.
Original post by silent ninja
Half the girls on TSR are little boys in disguise.

But seriously. Between us and the internet, there are virtually no barriers. People behave differently. I don't think it's entirely true that people "be themselves more" on the internet necessarily. Sometimes I think they go too far in that direction too and are possibly a caricature of themselves. Sometimes they may experiment and say things they normally wouldn't. It's just a theory, mind you. But I know for a fact: people are different on here to real life so don't take any views as gospel.

I couldn't have put it better myself.
They're all fembots :eek:

Reply 15
Having met several girls off TSR, I shouldn't think that the majority differ too radically from their on-line personae.
Reply 16
Girls on TSR are dirty little whores while girls in real life are all virgins and nerdy.
Original post by Profesh
Having met several girls off TSR, I shouldn't think that the majority differ too radically from their on-line personae.

Which ones have you had relations with?
Original post by ch0llima
Fixed that for you :smile: Also, there are no women on the Internet. When I said ages ago that girls on the net were advanced AI and psychology experiments developed by American PhD students to gauge male reaction to the presence of women online, I wasn't joking.

LOL
well we do as we are actually girls in real life :eyebrow:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending