The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by vin
so tell me jelly man is the 11th horrible subs wandering son ep the same as the 10+11 released previously:hmmm:

Nope, Hourou Musuko was meant to be 12 episodes long, but they had to cut it down to 11 to fit in the noitaminA slot. So TV episode 10 is actually 10 + 11, while TV episode 11 is the 12th episode finale. :yes:

Original post by Aiko
Anyway, on a side note, I'm intending to post the guide first thing tomorrow. :smile:

Well that'll be one thread for stickying, no doubt about that. :yes:

Original post by Aiko
As for the second sticky, having Cara's preview thread(s) is definitely an option worth considering. :smile:

Fully agree on that too.

Original post by Phalanges
Certainly nobody intended to move the thread here to upset any of you, I thought you would have wanted a society to be in the relevant forum. I have to admit I've never quite understood the point of the societies forum, all of the societies I've been a member of have been in the forums for those activities (either football or film).

Meh, it's really not that big a deal. I'm just a bit very OCD about some things, and sticking forums in the right place is one of those things. :giggle:

Original post by TAPSmith
Just embarked upon watching Ah, My Goddess, up to episode 13, but its a dubbed version (I've only watched subbed up till now) and the voice of Skuld is so annoying. I hope that the vocal role that she currently has gets cut back, I just can't take it for much longer!

That's a shame, I like Skuld as a character, not sure I'd like the series at all if I couldn't stand her voice. :no:
up to ep 22 of Hajime no Ippo, has been pretty good so far :biggrin: at the end of every match :cry2:

all those penis jokes :facepalm2: :teehee:

feels a bit weird this thread is in here :p:
yay Index, can't wait for series 3. Or Railgun 2 >: [
The trailer for Kaiji 2 is actually 9 seconds of hilarity. :rofl: Screencaps for people who can't be bothered downloading it:

Spoiler

Not sure I approve of Nutbladder's translation of Zawa though, even if that's pretty much what it means. :p:
Reply 244
Quick question, I know it's silly given it's part of the forum, but is it fine to create new threads in the subforum? Don't want to end up perhaps having too many at once and seeming spammy or something :nyoron:
Reply 245
Original post by Truered
Quick question, I know it's silly given it's part of the forum, but is it fine to create new threads in the subforum? Don't want to end up perhaps having too many at once and seeming spammy or something :nyoron:

Regarding they're relevant to the forum and can spur discussion, I can't see why not. Fire away, Tru-pyon. :hugs:
Reply 246
So, after watching the last episode of my 'guilty pleasure', Infinite Stratos, it was a reasonably fun series to watch. There wasn't much depth to be had here, despite the underlying storyline regarding the IS that could have been explored more effectively than it was. Instead, much of the screen time comprised Ichika’s growing harem, which, while highly generic with cliche aplenty, was entertaining for those of us who are partial to this tried and test formula. Expectedly, there was no clear cut winner in the end for our protagonist's affection, but the "childhood friend" had a slight advantage. Personally, the chemistry Ichika and "Char" had made her my favourite. I suppose my only grimace was the fact that the animation, especially during the battle sequences, was never utilised as much as it could have been. The first and last episode were the only two that made use of it fully, but I suppose that's largely down to budgeting and capitalising on it at the right moments.

Would I re-watch this? Maybe. Would I reccommend it? Yes, if you're into the archetypical harem genre, but with an action/mecha musume twist. :smile:
Original post by Truered

Original post by Truered

Of course. I don't know too much about anime (I can't read half of the thread titles I've seen so far :p:) so I'd ask you all help me out a bit with a little self-moderation in terms of generally abiding by the site rules (not excessively spamming, not posting illegal links etc.) but in terms of how many threads there's certainly not a limit so long as they discuss different things (it may be that over time we have to create a couple of megathreads if a lot of threads keep getting made on the same topic, eg. what's your favourite anime?, but we can cross that bridge if we get to it).

Ultimately the success of the trial of this forum will depend on how much you all get out of it, so please feel free to use it to the full. :smile:
Reply 248
As expected, Index 2 didn't so much end insofar as to prepare us for a likely third season (whether we'll be given a spinoff, a la Railgun 2, or Index 3 remains to be seen). JC Staff really amped up the animation for this season as well, save for the occasional episode or two where there was a noticeable decline. Story wise, it was a bit subpar in that I never truly anticipated each episode. There just wasn't enough momentum and intrigue to maintain my interest. It was very much like a pendulum in this regard. I'll definitely watch the next instalment, assuming there is one, seeing as I've stuck with the series for three seasons.
Reply 249
After watching a few episodes of Beelzebub, it gave me the craving to watch Daa! Daa! Daa!, so that's what I'm doing. :giggle:
Reply 250
Original post by Aiko
After watching a few episodes of Beelzebub, it gave me the craving to watch Daa! Daa! Daa!, so that's what I'm doing. :giggle:

Talking of Beelzebub I feel I owe it an apology :mmm: At first I found it meh with the repetitive "baby upset, shock" but episodes 6-9 yesterday were quite entertaining.

Plus it also helps that :teeth: was introduced with Aoi :awesome:
Meh, I started the first episode of Darker than Black and I must say I'm not a fan of violence :sad: More happiness! More colour! More gayness! Where do I find all that? :mmm:
Reply 252
Original post by whitepearlbaby
Meh, I started the first episode of Darker than Black and I must say I'm not a fan of violence :sad: More happiness! More colour! More gayness! Where do I find all that? :mmm:

You need Star Driver! The most FABULOUS~! show of the year so far :biggrin:
Reply 253
Up to ep 50 of Hajime no ippo:sad: it has seemed hard for any fight to top the one with mashiba but this one with vorg is pretty close:s-smilie:

sounds like you want a musical :indiff:

failing that Star Driver as Cara suggested is a good bet :giggle:
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by caraniel
You need Star Driver! The most FABULOUS~! show of the year so far :biggrin:

vin
sounds like you want a musical :indiff:

failing that Star Driver as Cara suggested is a good bet :giggle:

Okay :awesome:
Just finished Hourou Musuko, definitely deserved a full 5/5 IMO. Only four series left to go until I've finished the last two seasons' offerings, and it'll truly start feeling like Spring. :biggrin: Puella could be a while though...
Reply 256
Original post by Truered
Talking of Beelzebub I feel I owe it an apology :mmm: At first I found it meh with the repetitive "baby upset, shock" but episodes 6-9 yesterday were quite entertaining.

Plus it also helps that :teeth: was introduced with Aoi :awesome:

Yeah, same. Beelzebub didn't immediately grab me from the outset, so I decided to postpone it until yesterday. It's a lot of fun, and definitely remininsent of Daa! Daa! Daa!, except it's shounen with a demon baby, not shoujo with an alien baby. :giggle:
Reply 257
Original post by vin
Up to ep 50 of Hajime no ippo:sad: it has seemed hard for any fight to top the one with mashiba but this one with vorg is pretty close:s-smilie:

Spoiler

Original post by Aiko
As expected, Index 2 didn't so much end insofar as to prepare us for a likely third season (whether we'll be given a spinoff, a la Railgun 2, or Index 3 remains to be seen). JC Staff really amped up the animation for this season as well, save for the occasional episode or two where there was a noticeable decline. Story wise, it was a bit subpar in that I never truly anticipated each episode. There just wasn't enough momentum and intrigue to maintain my interest. It was very much like a pendulum in this regard. I'll definitely watch the next instalment, assuming there is one, seeing as I've stuck with the series for three seasons.

Yeah, pretty much agree with this. I feel disappointed that the final two episodes seemed to drag all the momentum away from the penultimate arc, which was something spectacular. They also tried to cram an arc in to two episodes and it felt rushed, I felt like it needed one more episode to flow right. Otherwise it's definitely a good series which I look forward to more of - although I don't know whether I want another Railgun series before another Index series (even though I love both) now that Index has increased in awesomeness.

Will finish off Fractale today, I think, and that's me done with the previous season I think...
Reply 259
Original post by LastLordofTime
Yeah, pretty much agree with this. I feel disappointed that the final two episodes seemed to drag all the momentum away from the penultimate arc, which was something spectacular. They also tried to cram an arc in to two episodes and it felt rushed, I felt like it needed one more episode to flow right. Otherwise it's definitely a good series which I look forward to more of - although I don't know whether I want another Railgun series before another Index series (even though I love both) now that Index has increased in awesomeness.

Will finish off Fractale today, I think, and that's me done with the previous season I think...

Agreed, the penultimate arc, especially that one episode, almost justified watching the whole season (I jest, somewhat). :tongue:

Spoiler

As for the Winter season, there's a few that I've put on hold, namely Fractale, Hourou Musuko, Gosick and Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica, all of which I'm intending to marathon through now that they've finished. With Bakuman and Star Driver finished (will relay my thoughts later), I should have enough time either today or next weekend to watch them.

Edit: As for the current season, I've seen the first episode of Toriko... I don't really know what to say about this or whether I should be pleased or flabbergasted... This wasn't so much Toriko but rather a peculiar 'filler' episode of One Piece... The whole Strawhat crew were featured... Assuming the incentive was there, which seems highly plausible given the popularity of One Piece, it just seemed like the biggest form of a sellout that I've seen in anime.
(edited 13 years ago)

Latest