The Student Room Group

Bakuman Anime Discussion

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Original post by vin
Eiji has really grown on me :redface: at first he seemed annoying and needed some hyper activity pills, but now his mannerisms are just amusing:giggle: I liked how he was throwing around rubbish from his waste paper basket as confetti :giggle: to congratulate his assistants :emog:

Yeah, I wasn't too sure of his character at the beginning but his eccentricities have really grown on me to the point of endearment and amusement. I suspected this would be the case when Cara was justifying his mannerisms when the anime first started. :smile:
Reply 81
The past few episodes have remained engaging, albeit somewhat continuous, as our pair are beginning to see the light at the end of the tunnel with their latest effort up for serialisation. It's great to see that an abundance of determination and dedication has paid off for them (reaping the fruits of their labour, as it were). While I'm acutely aware of the apparent distaste many seem to have for the romance, I found Moritaka's and Miho's inability to converse with each other rather endearing. However, Miho's mother raised a valid point, to which Miho herself interestingly denied out of embarrassment, that a distant relationship where correspondence and specifically physical interaction is limited, may prompt difficulties as time transpires. Thankfully, they all seem to be reaching their goal relatively quickly, so the aforementioned may not be an issue. :giggle:
Reply 82
bahahaha :hahaha: take that koji you pregnant goldfish

gah romance stuff go away :unimpressed:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 83
Original post by vin
bahahaha :hahaha: take that koji you pregnant goldfish

Yup, it's always satisfying when a presumptuous egocentric like Koji is proven wrong. I really thought he'd cause more of a problem in account of his evidently large fan base, and would result in becoming the primary antagonist of the series (since there hasn't really been one so far).

gah romance stuff go away :unimpressed:

:giggle:

Going to watch the final episode now. :smile:
Reply 84
Original post by Aiko
Yup, it's always satisfying when a presumptuous egocentric like Koji is proven wrong. I really thought he'd cause more of a problem in account of his evidently large fan base, and would result in becoming the primary antagonist of the series (since there hasn't really been one so far).

:giggle:

Going to watch the final episode now. :smile:

at first you would have thought Nizuma Eiji would be the antagonist but since he's so far ahead he's been really doing his own thing and even offering support :giggle:
Reply 85
Original post by vin
at first you would have thought Nizuma Eiji would be the antagonist but since he's so far ahead he's been really doing his own thing and even offering support :giggle:

Yes, that's very true. His nonchalant attitude toward his editor at the beginning and particularly his declaration that upon serialisation he should be given the right to axe a manga of his choice came across as extremely arrogant. All of this contributed to my dislike of his character, but remarkably he's managed to turn that around, almost too quickly, by acting modestly. All of a sudden, his eccentric mannerisms were amusing. Coming to think of it, it was such a forced transition but a testament to how quickly the writers can change a viewer's perception of a character.
Well that's series 1 over, though at least with a second series on the horizon this thread probably won't die out the same way Umineko and Trapeze did. :giggle:

I thought the last episode finished the series off nicely, one of the better endings of the season actually. :yes: Until the last few seconds when they threw in that cliffhanger that is, but I guess they needed something to convince people to watch series 2, as it was beginning to feel like a definitive ending. :p:

Overall, Bakuman started way too slowly for my liking, but once they added the rival characters things improved hugely. A good series. :smile:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 87
Original post by AngryJellyfish
Well that's series 1 over, though at least with a second series on the horizon this thread probably won't die out the same way Umineko and Trapeze did. :giggle:

I thought the last episode finished the series off nicely, one of the better endings of the season actually. :yes: Until the last few seconds when they threw in that cliffhanger that is, but I guess they needed something to convince people to watch series 2, as it was beginning to feel like a definitive ending. :p:

Overall, Bakuman started way too slowly for my liking, but once they added the rival characters things improved hugely. A good series. :smile:

Yup, agreed. It was a good place to finish the first season. I liked the way they wrapped everything up with Moritaka and Miho breaking the ice on the phone at the end. So, on the whole, it was a decent series. Nothing spectacular, but decent. :yes:

As for this thread, instead of dying it'll simply become dormant until the next season airs. :giggle:
Reply 88
Ah no. It's time for more-gags Miura. D:
Reply 89
Aww the end was nice :smile: hopefully the nest series will have less of the romance crap or atleast make it non crap:hmmm:
hahaha nat first i thought nizuma eiji was a hyper kid but hes kinda cool you know!Fukuda cracks me up so much.

Quick Reply

Latest