The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Aiko
Edit: As for the current season, I've seen the first episode of Toriko... I don't really know what to say about this or whether I should be pleased or flabbergasted... This wasn't so much Toriko but rather a peculiar 'filler' episode of One Piece... The whole Strawhat crew were featured... Assuming the incentive was there, which seems highly plausible given the popularity of One Piece, it just seemed like the biggest form of a sellout that I've seen in anime.

Meh, they've been advertising that for ages as a TV special, sort of an episode zero or something. I'd say Toriko needs as much popularity as it can get, filling the void left by Dragonball Kai. I have to say I've been looking forward to it (this episode + the series in general) more than most things this season. :yes:
Reply 261
Original post by Aiko

As for the Winter season, there's a few that I've put on hold, namely Fractale, Hourou Musuko, Gosick and Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica, all of which I'm intending to marathon through now that they've finished.

Gosick has finished? MAL's been telling me all this time that it is 24 episodes long :nyoron: Hopefully mal is wrong, as gosick could get quite tedious if it's stretched out to 24.
Reply 262
Original post by Truered
Gosick has finished? MAL's been telling me all this time that it is 24 episodes long :nyoron: Hopefully mal is wrong, as gosick could get quite tedious if it's stretched out to 24.

No, Gosick hasn't finished and is slated for 24 episodes. I lumped it in there as an after thought because it's something I've been meaning to watch that I've postponed.
Reply 263
Original post by AngryJellyfish
Meh, they've been advertising that for ages as a TV special, sort of an episode zero or something. I'd say Toriko needs as much popularity as it can get, filling the void left by Dragonball Kai. I have to say I've been looking forward to it (this episode + the series in general) more than most things this season. :yes:

Yeah, me too. I'm just not overly keen on the idea of using the One Piece cast to achieve that. It wasn't even that great of an episode.
Reply 264
Original post by Aiko
No, Gosick hasn't finished and is slated for 24 episodes. I lumped it in there as an after thought because it's something I've been meaning to watch that I've postponed.

:nyoron:

I also need to catch up on Hourou Musuko, zombie desudesudesu, yumekui merry and Madoka.

I haven't watched Madoka for about three weeks, even though I have the episodes. I just never feel in the mood to be depressed :redface:
Reply 265
Original post by Aiko

Spoiler

No he hasnt:nah:

Spoiler

Reply 266
Original post by Truered
:nyoron:

I type way too quickly and never proof, so occasionally I can get things muddled. :redface:

I also need to catch up on Hourou Musuko, zombie desudesudesu, yumekui merry and Madoka.

Kore wa Zombie Desu ka? and Yumekui Merry are two others I've postponed that I'll probably watch at some point. They're not on my priority list, though.

I haven't watched Madoka for about three weeks, even though I have the episodes. I just never feel in the mood to be depressed :redface:

Same, it's just not the type of series I've fancied watching throughout the workweek, including Hourou Musuko, and during the weekend I always find myself watching something else.
Reply 267
Original post by vin
No he hasnt:nah:

Spoiler

Spoiler

(edited 13 years ago)
Just watched the first X-Men episode... It's better than the last two Marvel programme's opening episodes... but I don't like Storm's voice and now Wolverine has gone from being too bishie to being too big XD Mah well, I might keep this one on. Although the OP will never live up to the legacy that is the 90s X-Men Cartoon.
Original post by Truered

There hasn't actually been a Madoka release in the last three weeks, unless you mean you were three episodes behind before the tsunami (on ep 8 or thereabouts)?
Reply 270
I've been on episode 7 for a while now :yes:

Currently watching more one piece. Just like the rest of animesoc :awesome:
Reply 271
Original post by Truered

Once upon a time, nobody in the society was. :no:
Reply 272
Original post by LastLordofTime
Just watched the first X-Men episode... It's better than the last two Marvel programme's opening episodes... but I don't like Storm's voice and now Wolverine has gone from being too bishie to being too big XD Mah well, I might keep this one on. Although the OP will never live up to the legacy that is the 90s X-Men Cartoon.

The previous two didn't really grab me, so I'm giving this one a miss. May watch it in the future because I did enjoy the Hollywood films. I'm assuming you've read the comic books?
Original post by Aiko
The previous two didn't really grab me, so I'm giving this one a miss. May watch it in the future because I did enjoy the Hollywood films. I'm assuming you've read the comic books?

Nah, I've not read the comic books. Just spent my youth watching the cartoons. Although I'm thinking of getting in to some graphic novels, since they're bringing out a load of Marvel/DC anthologies/compilations, but I suppose that's a bit off topic :P
Reply 274
Original post by Truered

Original post by Truered
I've been on episode 7 for a while now :yes:

:hahaha: you crowd follower
Reply 275
One piece 46 is like that drug trip I saw when I was on that drug trip :ahee:

So I guess

Spoiler

Reply 276
Original post by Truered

So I guess

Spoiler

Pretty much. :tongue:
Fractale's ending was okay, nothing original. But neither was the series on the whole really, a bit disappointing after all the hype. :sadnod:

Final episodes of Bakuman and Star Driver are out, I think I'll finish them before moving on to the new season's offerings. Still, I hope to have all that done and at least one new series previewed by tonight. :biggrin:
Reply 278
Ok I posted this request on the spring thread in a moment of stupidity :colondollar: but does anyone have any recommendations of things that are on cr at the moment? Got a day pass & I'm determined to find something good to watch today whilst I get all my work done (or not as the case may be) :giggle:
Reply 279
Original post by Truered

Original post by Truered

So I guess

Spoiler

Spoiler

UkAnime are currently liveblogging from the Uk Anime on Demand Unveiling on twitter from kitacon :emo:

tweets, newer ones at the top

Latest