The Student Room Group

Nottingham Trent vs Sheffield Hallam

This poll is closed

Nottingham Trent vs Sheffield Hallam?

Nottingham Trent 88%
Sheffield Hallam12%
Total votes: 17
Hi

I am really split about which university to go to! I have the choice of either Nottingham Trent and Sheffield Hallam and think they are about the same, this makes the decision even harder. Which is the better university? Which has a better campus? Which has the best accommodation? and finally, Which has the best night life?

thanks

p.s, I will be studying computer networks and if I did go to Nottingham Trent then i would be based at the Clifton Campus!
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 1
They are not the same. In the poll everyone has voted Trent and theres a good reason ... Trent is seen as the best ex-poly whereas Hallam is just kinda average ...

1) It's been voted the best Post-1992 university (Which is extremely important when going to an Ex-poly)

2) Out of all universities in the UK it's been voted number five on the Green League Table (I love the environment so that important to me)

3) Very diversity friendly

I have firmed Trent... I might see you there :wink:
Trent university is ranked higher on the times, independent and guardian leagues tables. Trent also has a good employability record and Nottingham is a better city.
Rankings are largely irrelevant.

Have you looked at the specifics of the two courses and the optional modules? One will appeal more in most cases.
Reply 4
Original post by noggie
Hi

I am really split about which university to go to! I have the choice of either Nottingham Trent and Sheffield Hallam and think they are about the same, this makes the decision even harder. Which is the better university? Which has a better campus? Which has the best accommodation? and finally, Which has the best night life?

thanks

p.s, I will be studying computer networks and if I did go to Nottingham Trent then i would be based at the Clifton Campus!

Are you interested in the departments themselves, or are you asking about the social life and campus only (with "which is the better university" being very general?

If you want to know which is the "better" course, I'll move this to Computer Science. If you want to know specific details about the campus and accomodation then I can direct you to the individual university forums if you want?
Reply 5
Thanks

Firstly i would be interested in which one has better facilities for computer sciences and more specifically networks?
Reply 6
Am really torn between the two! My heart says nottingham trent but my head says sheffield hallam!!!!
Reply 7
Go with your heart.
Reply 8
One of my mates really wants to go to Trent, I duno if he will get the grades though...
Reply 9
But after the first year would you live in the city centre or near the clifton campus? I haven't heard good things about the clifton area, never mind shottingham lol

comments please!
Original post by noggie
Hi

thanks

Which did you end up at? :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending