The Student Room Group

I like a Pakistani girl but am not myself. Can it work?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Mask Of Sanity
Probably with the regards to the families possibly being more accepting if they're both muslim - assuming they do get so far down the line that they're considering marriage, and have family members who are ignorant and not willing to give up nonsensical traditions.

Since when should you even care what your family think when it comes to dating.

It's YOUR LIFE, what are you going to do when your parents die and you live alone because you gave to much thought about "what your parents might think" when dating people???
Original post by xXxiKillxXx
Then she'll probably be too scared of her brother/parents to have a relationship with someone who isn;t Muslim (I'm assuming you arent?)

THIS! Trust me, if her family is strict. Actually, even if they're not she's Paki and I know how brothers react. Either smooth it out with her brothers/family first and then try it or you'll end up regretting it and probably end up getting battered as well.
Reply 122
Original post by imperial maniac

It's YOUR LIFE, what are you going to do when your parents die and you live alone because you gave to much thought about "what your parents might think" when dating people???

Respect
possibly.
Reply 123
Original post by cool_beans1993
omdz yh its soo annoying...i eat before i go n then eat more when i get there cas u get food so late!
at the end the foods usually amazing tho lol :P especially if they got like chicken tikka and stuff!

i knew u were gonna look at this...gosh cant beleive u didnt make me any of that drink i told u how to make...send some over yoo :P

That's a good idea. Doh! Common sense didn't come early. :colondollar:
Reply 124
omdz yh its soo annoying...i eat before i go n then eat more when i get there cas u get food so late!
at the end the foods usually amazing tho lol :P especially if they got like chicken tikka and stuff!

i knew u were gonna look at this...gosh cant beleive u didnt make me any of that drink i told u how to make...send some over yoo :P

Hahaha LOL. Da guy needs help mann, hes upset.. so he posted on TSR, i just had to see if i could help with this depressing topic in his life.....(until i noticed free food loool) :biggrin:
O yhh.... yu know what i actully did!!, i actully sent some over too!, might take a while though...probably as long as yur bbq took to get to da UK Loool :wink:
Original post by Hamesh

Respect
possibly.

:facepalm:

Your parents should respect your own wishes.

I certainly don't treat my parents like all-knowing masters, they love me all the same, if yours feel the need to control your life in order to feel respected, then they aren't really very good parents.

You shouldn't, if they have no valid reasoning. But, that doesn't stop people from doing so. :rolleyes: Especially when it comes to choosing one for the other.
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by Hamesh
That's a good idea. Doh! Common sense didn't come early. :colondollar:

lol its all good...so u go to weddings just for food as well?? :P

Original post by Z-Ninja
Hahaha LOL. Da guy needs help mann, hes upset.. so he posted on TSR, i just had to see if i could help with this depressing topic in his life.....(until i noticed free food loool) :biggrin:
O yhh.... yu know what i actully did!!, i actully sent some over too!, might take a while though...probably as long as yur bbq took to get to da UK Loool :wink:

i already helped the guy out in the beginning and then some random idiot started being all stubborn n thinking they were right so i was like screw u cant b bothered to argue with u anymore and then food came up :P
haha yh that bbq...it might b cold by the time it gets to u :P
Original post by Hamesh
Asian weddings & food, don't get me started.

How long do you have to wait? :tongue:

It's like the wedding hall wants its guests to starve and faint.

you are talking about just back home there right? :ninja:

Original post by TheProdigy2k9
THIS! Trust me, if her family is strict. Actually, even if they're not she's Paki and I know how brothers react. Either smooth it out with her brothers/family first and then try it or you'll end up regretting it and probably end up getting battered as well.

i seriously doubt he should say anything to brothers/fam first...cuz i dont think hes rushing into asking her hand in marriage yet or anything like that :lol:
its better if SHE has the convo with the fam....

for everyones sake :mmm:
Reply 129

i already helped the guy out in the beginning and then some random idiot started being all stubborn n thinking they were right so i was like screw u cant b bothered to argue with u anymore and then food came up :P
haha yh that bbq...it might b cold by the time it gets to u :P

Lool, really? hahaha wel good thing food came up otherwise i was guna post a sentence of how to 'get a girl' to da person who posted this thread LOL. :wink:
really? aww same wiv da drink really... it might get hot... or melt... or evaporate till it gets to yu.. srry bou dat :tongue:
Reply 130
:facepalm:

Your parents should respect your own wishes.

I certainly don't treat my parents like all-knowing masters, they love me all the same, if yours feel the need to control your life in order to feel respected, then they aren't really very good parents.

I agree as does Islaam.

However, for part of honouring one’s parents and treating them kindly, it is better to ask for their permission and seek their approval, because that is more likely to keep relationships with them harmonious.
Reply 131

Ssshhhhh! Don't tell!

:wink:
Well it varies from person to person... so try asking her maybe?
Reply 133
Original post by blush.ox
you are talking about just back home there right? :ninja:

:zomg: back home is even worse. I got served food after a good 10 hours at 2am!
Honour killing IMO.
Original post by Z-Ninja
Lool, really? hahaha wel good thing food came up otherwise i was guna post a sentence of how to 'get a girl' to da person who posted this thread LOL. :wink:
really? aww same wiv da drink really... it might get hot... or melt... or evaporate till it gets to yu.. srry bou dat :tongue:

when uni starts ur making me that lassi stuff u keep talking bout even tho i dont like lassi...:P

Original post by Hamesh
Ssshhhhh! Don't tell!

:wink:

lol i think every asian has it in em :P
I'm with a Pakistani girl I can't marry :h: It changes the future but doesn't necessarily change the present. If we (I do, not sure about her anymore :frown:) want to continue now, I think we should and even though her parents may disapprove, we don't know what will happen in the future. It could end in marriage, or it could end in us breaking up. Either way, we knew the possibilities from the start so OP if you were to get with her, i'd suggest being open minded about a future break up, even if you fall in love. I did, and don't regret it. Nor will I if we ever have to break up. I will sort of regret not taking her away :tongue: but i'm working on that currently - a rather big plan to take her away from her family and be happily married with me :ninja:
Reply 137
when uni starts ur making me that lassi stuff u keep talking bout even tho i dont like lassi...:P

lol i think every asian has it in em :P

Loool yu know what yhh, yu dont like the lassi yu have tasted so far in yur life!, if yu taste minee boiii yur guna forget what planet yur livin on hahaha :biggrin: :wink:
Reply 138
Original post by Mask Of Sanity
Probably with the regards to the families possibly being more accepting if they're both muslim - assuming they do get so far down the line that they're considering marriage, and have family members who are ignorant and not willing to give up nonsensical traditions.

you've started using big words and forming smart sounding sentences after you've given up facebook. Hmm maybe i should do the same... :confused:
Original post by ibs137
you've started using big words and forming smart sounding sentences after you've given up facebook. Hmm maybe i should do the same... :confused:

Ahaha. I've also given up academia for the time being - maybe it's that? :tongue:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending