The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds

The Tannery?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by jmp04

Original post by jmp04
Yeah I had a textiles student take me around the place and she showed me her room, not a bad size at all (although her doorway was taken up by 20 odd pairs of shoes) Looked very clean etc...

En-Suite was a good size, bigger than most of the others thats for sure!

Kitchen was reasonable (this one was abit dirty but thats to be expected of students really, they will all be cleaned before the new academic year) got a shelf in both the fridge and freezer and your own cupboard for food and stuff, thats how they arranged it anyway. If people borrowed food they left each other notes saying what they borrowed and theyd go to the shop to replace whatever which is good. (Some accommodation do have locks on the doors though)

Common room was a good size, again pretty clean, Free pool table and Sky on a widescreen TV with plenty of sofas and a couple of vending machines (I think if i remember correctly)

All in all a good set of rooms, I just didnt like the area as you have a hill to contend with to get up to the Uni and its near alot of terraced back to backs (though you can dodge these nicely walking from the Uni I just had a little look around the area). Obviously favoured mostly by the women there due to ALL the rooms being En-Suite, all seemed very friendly and welcoming though!

Hope this helps

Thank you very much! You've been of great help! One last question: Do you know much about the Henry Price building? Any information would be great. Thanks! xx
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds
Reply 21
Original post by Nengi
Thank you very much! You've been of great help! One last question: Do you know much about the Henry Price building? Any information would be great. Thanks! xx

looking at the tannery then? I'm going for tannery
Reply 22
Original post by dmz
looking at the tannery then? I'm going for tannery

No, i really need to know about Henry Price cuz i might be changing. Do you have any information on it?
Reply 23
Original post by Nengi
No, i really need to know about Henry Price cuz i might be changing. Do you have any information on it?

have you checked the article on it? The girl wrote a lot about it
Reply 24
Original post by dmz
have you checked the article on it? The girl wrote a lot about it

where is this article???
Reply 25
Original post by ohhelloruth
where is this article???

Original post by Nengi

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/wiki/University_of_Leeds_Accommodation

pretty detailed for Henry price, not so much for most. It is one person's view but someone currently living there :tongue:
Reply 26
I live at the tannery now all i can say is that iuts a bit hoit and miss . Its kind of like a dumping ground for people who dont get thier first chocies but for medics and dentists its a socail hub. for everyone else uts just about your luck. I got placed in a werid flat but i still managed out alright so I think tis been a postive year guysgo for it!
Reply 27
Anyone know how close it is to the business school?
I've put it as my first choice.
Reply 28
im applying for criminology and criminal justice which is in the law building right next to the business school, its meant to be fairly close to the western side of campus which is where we are, i asked on the open day and the girl said about a 15 minute walk, which will probably be about 30 minutes for me as im such a slow walker! im quite suprised its as undersuscribed as people are making out, it honestly seemed perfect, i prefered it to james baillie where rooms were basically the same, the location is much much better! :smile:
Reply 29
Original post by srudland8
im applying for criminology and criminal justice which is in the law building right next to the business school, its meant to be fairly close to the western side of campus which is where we are, i asked on the open day and the girl said about a 15 minute walk, which will probably be about 30 minutes for me as im such a slow walker! im quite suprised its as undersuscribed as people are making out, it honestly seemed perfect, i prefered it to james baillie where rooms were basically the same, the location is much much better! :smile:

Jbp's location's better tbh :tongue: but I've applied for the tannery, did you see the tannery?
Reply 30
i saw both! James baillies location was dead random down a long cobbled road, i will massively struggle with drink + heels ha. just thought it was a bit strange. The tannery location looks a bit rough around the edges, but coming from the countryside anything would! ive put james baillie as my second choice but really wanna go tannery
Reply 31
i saw both! James baillies location was dead random down a long cobbled road, i will massively struggle with drink + heels ha. just thought it was a bit strange. The tannery location looks a bit rough around the edges, but coming from the countryside anything would! ive put james baillie as my second choice but really wanna go tannery

Yea but with Jbp it's not too far from frequent buses in pretty much all the right direction. Tannery's easy walk to and probably better. I've applied for tannery but not sent off my app. I live close to a drug zone too so I'm not phased. I'm going to send it now. What was the kitchen like?
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 32
rooms at JBP and tannery were the same along with kitchen. really clean fairly modern, en-suite was a fairly good size and there was storage underneath each bed at the tannery which is always a plus. tannery is also being refurbished for september in some rooms! so thats also a plus!
Reply 33
rooms at JBP and tannery were the same along with kitchen. really clean fairly modern, en-suite was a fairly good size and there was storage underneath each bed at the tannery which is always a plus. tannery is also being refurbished for september in some rooms! so thats also a plus!

sweet! Plus 10mins walk to town is a massive plus. Do you think people would be allowed to smoke in kitchens? I don't cos the smell bothers me, i have the potential to smoke weed :tongue:. Basically not sure whether to say i do mind people smoking cos i can't take the smell but i wouldn't want to miss out on fun people just cos of that
Reply 34
urmm i dont think so, im sure if im not mistaken there were non-smoking signs, ive said that i dont mind sharing with smokers but i do it sometimes socially anyway, smoking doesnt really bother me but it would if it was in kitchen so can understand why your concerned, guess it would just depend on the flatmates and how considerate they are!
Reply 35
i've gone for the tannery now too but i ended up putting no smokers because despite being a smoker, i think it's kinda wrong to smoke inside!
Reply 36
Original post by bretters
i've gone for the tannery now too but i ended up putting no smokers because despite being a smoker, i think it's kinda wrong to smoke inside!

I don't smoke, i have no problem with smokers but i've said i do mind cos it's pointless inconveniencing myself if it bothers me.

See you there :h:
Reply 37
surely it's not allowed anyway, there aren't many places that allow smoking inside these days anyway!

yes! i hope i get into the tannery, looking forward to freshers!
Reply 38
Original post by bretters
surely it's not allowed anyway, there aren't many places that allow smoking inside these days anyway!

yes! i hope i get into the tannery, looking forward to freshers!

No idea why they ask since we're not allowed anyway :dontknow:

We should be fine getting in. Yea, 10mins walk away from town, should be pretty ****ing awesome!
Reply 39
bit silly really isn't it!
maybe it has a bearing on how far away you are from the front door, easy access when drunk and in need of a cigarette haha :wink:

yeah that's pretty good, isn't it surrounded by leeds met students though?

Quick Reply

Latest