The Student Room Group

Sex before marriage is always wrong.

Do you agree or disagree?

Scroll to see replies

Safe, consensual sex is fine.
Reply 2
I disagree, marriage before sex however, that is always wrong
Reply 3
I don't really care what other people think or do.
Can't decide whether the sentence 'sex before marriage is always wrong' offends me or just makes me want to go have sex.
Why wait? It's not like I'm going to hell for it. :sexface:
Reply 6
Disagree completely, sex only after marriage is wrong. Why risk submitting yourself to a lifetime of bad sex with someone who doesn't sync with you in bed? Sex is the glue that holds a relationship together and if you don't have the glue, it can all fall to pieces.
Reply 7
NO it's not wrong to have sex before marriage! You should have sex when you are in a loving relationship with someone you trust and have safe sex.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 8
May be wrong but it feels so right :teeth:
Reply 9
Not wrong to have sex before marriage as not everyone wants to ever marry, as long as the people care about each other and want it then its fine! :smile:
Reply 10
Original post by ForeverGold
NO! You should have sex when you are in a loving relationship with someone you trust and have safe sex.

but you don't have to be married to have that sort of relationship?
this sounds like the political compass question lol :L

IMO, what two consenting adults do behind closed doors is no business of the state.
Your asking teenagers and youths this question?
Sex is a natural thing. As long as it's between two consenting people who know what they're doing then it's none of anybody else's business.
Reply 14
If everyone involved or affected gives informed consent and understands the consequences, nothing sexual is wrong.

I do think that there's a lot to be said for having sex within a loving relationship (I've found it's more enjoyable :colondollar:) but that doesn't mean it's the only way, or that marriage is the only form of loving relationship.
Original post by MovingOn
Disagree completely, sex only after marriage is wrong. Why risk submitting yourself to a lifetime of bad sex with someone who doesn't sync with you in bed? Sex is the glue that holds a relationship together and if you don't have the glue, it can all fall to pieces.

A relationship is not just based on sex that's what friends with benefits is for.
A mature relationship is more than physical and should depend on other factors in my opinion.
If I don't get on with someone on a communication, intellectual level but the sex is good I wouldn't stay with them.

It's like saying If the my partner isn't good looking than the relationship will fail because I'll end up with ugly children. :rolleyes:

And only because someone has a dick in their vagina doesn't mean they are good at it there's loads of people that have multiple partners and lay like a sack of potatoes in bed. If someone is doing something wrong in the bedroom it's because of lack of communication in the relationship how would your partner know they aren't satisfying you if you don't say anything and end the relationship without working out the problems first it's like giving up before it's even started. :confused:
Original post by ForeverGold
NO! You should have sex when you are in a loving relationship with someone you trust and have safe sex.

That doesn't mean you have to be married though does it?
Reply 17
I get that it's "wrong" from a religious perspective. I get that.

BUT...why the focus on sex? Why so obsessed with sex and always considering the "sin" of that and ignoring anything else? It's kinda creepy, in fact.
Original post by mabelbarc
but you don't have to be married to have that sort of relationship?

I never said you should be married I said you should be in a loving relationship. :confused:
That's why I said No I don't agree
Reply 19
Even religous people should see the flaw in their argument that it is wrong? I'm pretty sure Adam and Eve couldnt get married yet they had sex?

hurr durr

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending