The Student Room Group

Women are now going for effeminate men.

Scroll to see replies

I have to agree with you, OP. I have no idea. If a guy has a smaller waist than me, then I am immediately put off.
haha i don't think it's only in hong kong but in most asian countries. Some of the younger guys in my country loves skinny jeans and hairband (WTF) and they wear shirts with cap sleeves!

Honestly, i don't understand why any girls would be interested in a guy who looks like he needs to be protected when a robber strikes. :tongue:
Original post by HARRY PUTAH
Its Japan, most men from the age of 10 to 30 are like that.

Personalyl the Japs are to ****in weird.

What is it with you and retarded posts?
Original post by rhinger
I live in Hong Kong, and **** me, there are way, way, way too many effeminate men.

What's shocking? Some women are actually going for these "men". Skinny jeans, long hair with fringes, nose piercings, skinny arms, you name any feminine characteristics, and BOOM these men have 'em.

Now, I'm not saying women aren't attracted to masculine/alpha males who go to the gym (and work out with weights, not going on the cycling machine reading a magazine and at a speed of about 2 km/h), obviously not.

But why on earth would a woman want to be courted by a "man" who is almost no less womanly?

The clue is in the place 'hong kong', girly men have always been in with the oriental types. It's no secret that the most female like ladyboys are orientals.Oriental guys are never percieved as masculine in the same way white men are let alone Black men. This fashion has penetrated Japan ,if I was japanese I would probably do the sword thing to the stomach if I looked at what passes for manhood these days.Just think of their samurai traditions of the past. look what passes for men now, in these places, bunch of shemales.

So it's a cultural thing which I would have thought would have no relevance over here.
Reply 124
Original post by Ministerdonut

What I've noticed is that on this thread, women saying they prefer effeminate men are, well, unattractive, judging from pictures.

Just saying. I've noticed the girls going out/saying they like androgynous men are unattractive to me as well.

Ah well, lower attractiveness ratings = lower standards, hence the whole thing with digging effeminate men...

Original post by Ministerdonut
The clue is in the place 'hong kong', girly men have always been in with the oriental types. It's no secret that the most female like ladyboys are orientals.Oriental guys are never percieved as masculine in the same way white men are let alone Black men. This fashion has penetrated Japan ,if I was japanese I would probably do the sword thing to the stomach if I looked at what passes for manhood these days.Just think of their samurai traditions of the past. look what passes for men now, in these places, bunch of shemales.

So it's a cultural thing which I would have thought would have no relevance over here.

True dat.

Effeminate men are definitely a bunch of shemales.

Original post by reisen
Do not understand that at all but they do seem to like "cute" things over there. Give me a hunk of a rugby player any day! :P

Yay, there's a sane girl who's into real men. What a relief.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 125
beautiful thread :congrats:
When will people understand that these things are not easy to discuss? what kind of women or men one likes is NOT up for debate. It's so frustrating to see 100000 posts a day, 90% of which are concerned with "why do guys like big tits" and "why do girls like tall guys?". It's not debateable!!! I'm fine with people stating their preferences but this "NO I'M RIGHT" kind of attitude is stupid and pointless. Trying to convice others that their aesthetic preferences are "false" is beyond ridicilous.
Reply 127
Original post by Bourgeois

Original post by Bourgeois
When will people understand that these things are not easy to discuss? what kind of women or men one likes is NOT up for debate. It's so frustrating to see 100000 posts a day, 90% of which are concerned with "why do guys like big tits" and "why do girls like tall guys?". It's not debateable!!! I'm fine with people stating their preferences but this "NO I'M RIGHT" kind of attitude is stupid and pointless. Trying to convice others that their aesthetic preferences are "false" is beyond ridicilous.

Get this.

To me, a woman liking an effeminate man is like a guy liking a tomboy.
Yeah I've noticed that - I think it's slowly happened over the last 20 or so years - guys are wanting to look more and more girly... interesting.

Hard times for being a manly man
Its Japan, most men from the age of 10 to 30 are like that.

Personalyl the Japs are to ****in weird.

1) he/she lives in Hong Kong 2) What makes the Japanese weird yet everyone else "normal"?

The people I see who fit the description OP gave usually fall into the rock, punk scene. Apparently before applying for a rock band you need to be able to fit into skinny jeans (I joke).
Original post by adam_zed
What is it with you and retarded posts?

Takes one to know one DWAYNE.
Original post by NeonSkies
Say "Japanese" please not "Japs" - it is offensive.

Hong Kong is not in Japan by the way.

Neg rep because I hate racial slurs? Riight. Look the word up and you will understand :rolleyes:

If you look up the word, it'll almost certainly tell you that it is a shortening of 'Japanese person', in the same way that 'Brit' is short for 'British person' with the only difference being that it was a term used a lot during WW2 in a derogatory way. I reckon people look too much into it these days.
Takes one to know one DWAYNE.

haha dang you out got me man :wink:

whats with the dwayne bit tho?
Original post by rhinger
Get this.

To me, a woman liking an effeminate man is like a guy liking a tomboy.

Can guys not like tomboys? :confused:
Reply 134
Original post by .Ali.
I forgot mine when I was staying over at a male friends, so I had to borrow his! :tongue:

What's wrong with a man using straightners though? :confused: I think it's nice, it shows they're taking care of their appearance. I'm not on about femenine men here, but I think a lot of modern men like to have nice hair, so why not straighten it? There's nothing inherently girly about it.

Why would a guy need to use straighteners just use gel or a comb, if a guy needs straighteners they either have genetically inferior curly hair or have it too long.
Original post by Jacktri
Why would a guy need to use straighteners just use gel or a comb, if a guy needs straighteners they either have genetically inferior curly hair or have it too long.

:rofl: what does that even mean?
Reply 136
Some of the guys I know who are straight AND have girlfriends and the guys wear make up and it makes them look pretty much like male models.

I don't think they're feminine at all. No one around them does. They're too powerful to give a damn really.
It depends what you classify as 'feminine'. Someone could take as much care of their appearance as possible, but still have masculine characteristics in terms of personality, the males who I'm at university with are dangerously masculine.
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by Jacktri

ewww gel.

We womens like to feel the natural feel of a man's hair not feel something that's set hard on their bonce. Correct me if wrong girls!

Nothing better than a mane of hair though. Straightened or curly!

Hot hot hot!
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 138
Original post by Jacktri

What's wrong with curly hair? It's just if he likes it straight he can have it straight. And guys with longer hair look better.
Original post by NeonSkies
especially if he comes out with "could I borrow your straighteners?" - yikes.

Pfft Can I borrow them? More like "want to use mine?".:biggrin: (deadly serious I do have them, gathering dust as I haven't touched them for 3 years but still..).

Apart from hair length which I don't think necessarily makes you effeminate, am I feminine...hmmm. Submissive I suppose, but not sure about feminine..

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending