The Student Room Group

I like a Pakistani girl but am not myself. Can it work?

Scroll to see replies

There WILL be problems, especially with her family.
Original post by Humz7
all this nonsense about brother battering the girl if she goes out with a non-pakistani etc. please, don't chat crap. you're talking out of your bumhole you ignorant dykes.
i'm muslim and i've had a non-muslim, white ladyfriend before. my sister is married to a south african. I didn't go around like, 'oh yeah i'm gonna smash his face and then yours'.
I think it's down to how open the family themselves are and the individual. i've already said I ain't marrying no asian, and they're fine with it.

I WOULD REP YOU SOOOO HARD...!!! :mmm:

Unfortunately i've reached the number of posts I can rep today.

You speak sense...

PS If you don't mind me asking, why would you not marry an asian? What if you fell in love with an asian girl?
Original post by Humz7
all this nonsense about brother battering the girl if she goes out with a non-pakistani etc. please, don't chat crap. you're talking out of your bumhole you ignorant dykes.
i'm muslim and i've had a non-muslim, white ladyfriend before. my sister is married to a south african. I didn't go around like, 'oh yeah i'm gonna smash his face and then yours'.
I think it's down to how open the family themselves are and the individual. i've already said I ain't marrying no asian, and they're fine with it.

true say!! guess it depends on tha family tho
same qs as above y wouldnt u marry an asian?
Reply 163
Original post by Know_ThySelf
I WOULD REP YOU SOOOO HARD...!!! :mmm:

Unfortunately i've reached the number of posts I can rep today.

You speak sense...

PS If you don't mind me asking, why would you not marry an asian? What if you fell in love with an asian girl?

haha! cheers :wink: a nice comment makes up for it (Y)

i've been asked that before, and erm.. it just doesn't appeal to me? personally, the asian girls at 6th form act as if they're some sort of ghetto and speak with such loud mouths. also the way they dress is disgusting. whilst the white girls are completely opposite, and I just find them nicer personally.

if I did fall in love with an asian girl she'd have to be completely the opposite of those that i've seen :smile:
well if she's Muslim I'd stay away if I were you, unless you're willing to convert to Islam and marry her.
Reply 165
Original post by cool_beans1993
true say!! guess it depends on tha family tho
same qs as above y wouldnt u marry an asian?

i've answered the Q :smile:
Original post by Humz7

i've been asked that before, and erm.. it just doesn't appeal to me? personally, the asian girls at 6th form act as if they're some sort of ghetto and speak with such loud mouths. also the way they dress is disgusting. whilst the white girls are completely opposite, and I just find them nicer personally.
if I did fall in love with an asian girl she'd have to be completely the opposite of those that i've seen :smile:

uve probably just met the wrong kind of asian girls lol ...wait till uni or something hopefully ul meet more normal ones :P
Reply 167
Original post by Humz7

^ thats what i want to do .. but my parents insist i marry an asian soo ille marry anyone but pakistani's, indians or bangalis :smile:
Original post by Humz7

Well, I guess it's safe to say that you would'nt end up with an asian girl 'like that'.

Try not to disregard an entire group of people by a minority!
Reply 169
Well, I guess it's safe to say that you would'nt end up with an asian girl 'like that'.

Try not to disregard an entire group of people by a minority!

i'm not. it's not like I hate asian girls because of them, I don't. I know some who are lovely people, but i'd prefer not dating an asian :biggrin:
uve probably just met the wrong kind of asian girls lol ...wait till uni or something hopefully ul meet more normal ones :P

Or ones that don't live their life by the latest Bollywood movie or Star Plus drama. :facepalm2:
Original post by Anonymous
well if she's Muslim I'd stay away if I were you, unless you're willing to convert to Islam and marry her.

he's Muslim so he can already
Original post by Humz7
i'm not. it's not like I hate asian girls because of them, I don't. I know some who are lovely people, but i'd prefer not dating an asian :biggrin:

You know who else had a preference.... Hitler!! Lol, just messing.

Don't you mean a stereotypical Asian?
Or ones that don't live their life by the latest Bollywood movie or Star Plus drama. :facepalm2:

lol cant rep u cas i ran out but thats so true or ones that think they are gangstas or some shizzle :P

LOL so hard about the star plus drama thing.
Story line of EVERY one of those: Joint family, eldest/favourite son is killed by evil eldest daughter in law, comes back to life-OHNOES WAIT! it's a doppelganger from some village who was trained by the evil daughter-in-law to pretend to be the actual son, daughter-in-law goes to jail for some time, there's a favourite daughter-in-law, the mother-in-law lives to eternity. ALSO, it's apparently very very easy to sleep in a sari, your make-up stays the same for the entire night and everyone goes to sleep in a load of jewelery.
Reply 175

Don't you mean a stereotypical Asian?

how would you define a stereotypical asian ???
Reply 176
Original post by Dr.Sweet Science
Personally most Pakistani girl would understand a Pakistani lad better than anyone else in my experience they are some of the most pious of muslims, carry themselves with pride and dignity, understand my culture and my views on certain matters. All around they are the best match for Pakistani men. I honestly don't get why a Pakistani guy/girl would choose an Indian/Bengali or Arab over a Pakistani.

Secondly why would i marry a Non-Pakistani Asian. There's a whole world out there and i never understand why a Pakistani would want to limit themselves and be mocked by people for marrying an Indian/Bengali or Arab.

Lol, that's such a naive comment to make. Just cos you don't it doesn't mean other Pakistani guys/girls won't. If that were the case, we would never have any inter-racial couples. So many factors are taken into consideration other than just nationality: how they look, how they behave, how they are as a person and so on - not everyone is the same. My friend's cousin (a Bengali) is married to a Pakistani she met at uni.

You need to seriously broaden your horizon, mate.
(edited 12 years ago)
lol cant rep u cas i ran out but thats so true or ones that think they are gangstas or some shizzle :P

Ahhhh, don't get me started on them! Ok fine, if you insist! They make me :puke: They act all 'gangsta' but as soon as **** hits the fan, all pretence just drops.

Unfortunately I live around quite a few of them. Although, I take great satisfaction in making them think about their life when they try it :colone:
Original post by mintmocha
LOL so hard about the star plus drama thing.
Story line of EVERY one of those: Joint family, eldest/favourite son is killed by evil eldest daughter in law, comes back to life-OHNOES WAIT! it's a doppelganger from some village who was trained by the evil daughter-in-law to pretend to be the actual son, daughter-in-law goes to jail for some time, there's a favourite daughter-in-law, the mother-in-law lives to eternity. ALSO, it's apparently very very easy to sleep in a sari, your make-up stays the same for the entire night and everyone goes to sleep in a load of jewelery.

The thing that bugs me more than anything is people actually consider life to be like them dramas. Everyone's got a motive and not everything is as it seems, and if someones does'nt like you then that means they hate you and they're probably trying to do you in and make your life hell because everyone is a one dimensional character...etc etc :mad:

I swear they should be made illegal... :rant:
Original post by soyasauce
how would you define a stereotypical asian ???

To be honest, I don't really have a guideline on what would constitute a stereotypical Asian. I used the phrase because the person who I quoted seem to be talking about Asian girls that he finds stereotypical.

Quick Reply