The Student Room Group

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 1 & 2

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Ape Gone Insane
Without mentioning it in public so as to not ruin it for the lovely people in this thread, but it seems you've read what I've read. If it is then I agree, that is particularly disappointing and annoying. :frown:

July cannot come soon enough. I feel like a big part of childhood part will die on that day. :sad:

Please make sure no matter how much I ask you don't send me what you've read...because I want to be able to moan about the film AFTER seeing it, ot before

Original post by Luceria
I might have read what you've read. What I'm really angry about is one of my
favourite characters.'

I know, it's so strange.. I'm starting to panic a bit! I'm proud to be a member of the Harry Potter generation ( late teens- 20's).. I was 10 when it all started, and I'm 20 now. 10 years of my life. 10-20.. That's a lot.. Merlin's beard!

I'm very worried as to how I will cope post Harry Potter! Out of my first year at uni, it's probably only been about 15 nights where I've been too drunk or had people staying so haven't listened to Harry Potter while falling asleep! I might have to start reading fan fiction just to cope with life again!
Original post by Luceria
I want it now! I'd read everything she published. I mean, who wouldn't love "Hogwarts, A History?" etc.

OMG. Now I want to her to write Hogwarts, A History :sad: And any other book from the HP world, lol, EVERYTHING.
Reply 1142
i love harry potter and i love the books loads
lets hope the film is good and an epic finish :P
Reply 1143
Original post by dobbys sock
OMG. Now I want to her to write Hogwarts, A History :sad: And any other book from the HP world, lol, EVERYTHING.

:O that would be too cool :P
who wouldnt want to read that quidditch book and all the dark art books :P
Original post by 11CP
:O that would be too cool :P
who wouldnt want to read that quidditch book and all the dark art books :P

This book? http://www.amazon.co.uk/Comic-Relief-Quidditch-Through-Schoolbooks/dp/0747554714/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1301844017&sr=8-2 :smile:

I want the long versions. I have Tales of Beedle the Bard (which is short anyway) Quidditch Through the Ages, Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find them..

I want more books like that, and longer versions!
(edited 13 years ago)
If you're going on release day, are you guys going at midnight, or during the day/night?

Original post by greeneyedgirl
Please make sure no matter how much I ask you don't send me what you've read...because I want to be able to moan about the film AFTER seeing it, ot before

I will do my best to restrain you until you've watched the film. :tongue:

Original post by Luceria

:moon: I know. I need to join a Harry Potter support grop. Post-Potter Depression.

Imagine if that became a valid diagnosis. :teehee:

Tell me about it :awesome: :frown:

I've also become somewhat obsessive over small details. Like, has anyone ever
thought about the fact that McGonagall attended school with Tom Riddle? Dumbledore became headmaster around 1956, and that's when Voldemort returned to ask for a job.
She was one year above him. And both were prefects at one time, so they must have met.

I'm hearing good things about The Prince's Tale in the film (luckily). I thought Snape loved Lily a few years before Deathly Hallows though! My Snape/Lily theory was about 100% correct.
(edited 13 years ago)
I don't mind waiting a few years, but I'd be gutted if it never got finished :sad:

It will, have faith. :tongue: She has said a lot on it. And the whole thing is going to be new information and insight, not just a re-hash of everything we have learnt from the books. She said she would be doing detailed biographies of characters amongst other things, which is great, I would love for her to expand upon the small details mentioned in the books.

[Geek mode] She even said she would go into detail about how a Horcrux is made. Apparently it is disgusting.
It will, have faith. :tongue: She has said a lot on it. And the whole thing is going to be new information and insight, not just a re-hash of everything we have learnt from the books. She said she would be doing detailed biographies of characters amongst other things, which is great, I would love for her to expand upon the small details mentioned in the books.

[Geek mode] She even said she would go into detail about how a Horcrux is made. Apparently it is disgusting.

I'm so excited about the book! I just hope it's released before I'm 30.

I really want more information about Voldemort's childhood and life, and what he did and who he encountered on his travels. Or the Marauders! Damn, I want prequels.. Which won't happen.
I really want to know what house every character was in, I don't know why really, I just love knowing. Like Tonks was a Hufflepuff and Moaning Myrtle a Ravenclaw.

I want to go and see the film at midnight but I don't think my local cinema will do a midnight showing, never has before. Urgh, and it depends if I'm working that day and everything. I hope I have that day off, tattoo and then film :biggrin:
Original post by Luceria
I'm so excited about the book! I just hope it's released before I'm 30.
I really want more information about Voldemort's childhood and life, and what he did and who he encountered on his travels. Or the Marauders! Damn, I want prequels.. Which won't happen.

Doing some digging around :teeth:

(Would also like that. Maybe even what others routes/experiments to immortality Voldemort had done - he mentioned in GoF that one or two of his experiments worked. Or even how the Marauders made the map, or became Animagi).

In a statement for the Lexicon lawsuit, JK Rowling stated that she "intends to publish a definitive guide to all of the creatures, characters, places, and other elements that comprise the Harry Potter world." We've also learned that Bloomsbury and Scholastic have created their own lexicons over the years, and those will be available to her as she writes. As of late February 2008, Jo already has the Bloomsbury lexicon in her posession. Fans do not have to worry about missing any information, because Jo says "to suggest that I would omit from my encyclopedia the information already made available in the novels, can only spring from a willful misinterpretation of a selective quotation."

In the MuggleNet/TLC interview back in July 2005, Jo also revealed a little more, saying she "could have fun with the minor characters and I could give the definitive biography of all the characters."

Among the subjects covered will be the method of creating a Horcrux, the manner in which Peter Pettigrew gave Lord Voldemort a rudimentary body, and the reasons for Florean Fortescue's murder.[1]

April 2008, Rowling stated she had "recently" begun work on the project
September 2009 - "The encyclopedia simply remains something Ms. Rowling would like to complete sometime in the future.

To be fair, she is working on several non-Potter projects, but still must be quite along. Its been 3 years since the first statement. :teeth:
(edited 13 years ago)
Oh nuts. I need to order my Slytherin or Ravenclaw scarf. Can't decide. I barely have any Harry Potter merchandise (never really been a fan of the merchandise thing)

Maybe I'll go as Hermione. Though not dressing up, I've never done that. Maybe do something with my hair? I wish it was bushier!
(edited 13 years ago)
If you're going on release day, are you guys going at midnight, or during the day/night?

I will do my best to restrain you until you've watched the film. :tongue:

Imagine if that became a valid diagnosis. :teehee:

Going at midnight, in fancy dress, with my friends! Then we're getting broomsticks and running around Glasgow Uni as it looks so ridiculously like Hogwarts that whenever I turn up for a lecture I feel magical (especially when we were learning ancient runes!)

I cannae wait!
Reply 1154

:O there is one :smile: is jk rowling going to write any presequels? there was this rumour that she was but i'm not sure...
Original post by 11CP
:O there is one :smile: is jk rowling going to write any presequels? there was this rumour that she was but i'm not sure...

She's written Quidditch Through The Ages and Fantastic Beasts and Where To Find Them for Comic Relief years ago. Beedle the Bard. And she did write a little prequel with James and Sirius just before Harry was born, but that was only a couple of hundred words.

I want her to write some prequels but I don't think she will, the only thing she's said she's writing is the encyclopaedia.
Original post by 11CP

No:frown:

She did write 800 word something story for charity though. It's quite nice!
http://www.hpprogs.com/2008/06/11/jk-rowlings-800-word-potter-prequel-now-online/
Reply 1157
She's written Quidditch Through The Ages and Fantastic Beasts and Where To Find Them for Comic Relief years ago. Beedle the Bard. And she did write a little prequel with James and Sirius just before Harry was born, but that was only a couple of hundred words.

I want her to write some prequels but I don't think she will, the only thing she's said she's writing is the encyclopaedia.

i really hope she does.
i read the tales of beedles the bard and i think fantastic beasts but not quidditch is it good?
someone said i think there was going to be a sequel on voldermort's past cant remember :confused:
Reply 1158
Original post by Luceria
No:frown:

She did write 800 word something story for charity though. It's quite nice!
http://www.hpprogs.com/2008/06/11/jk-rowlings-800-word-potter-prequel-now-online/

thanks for the link :smile:
reading it now :smile:
which book is ur favourite? (just curious)
Reply 1159
Original post by cz100
Does anyone know around where in the book the first film stops at?

the second part picks up just after Dobby dies I think, at least, thats where the first one left off! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending