The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by RobbieC
Another copy and paste from your crying game archive, yet more blathering about knowledge and being right. Bloo bloo, abloo-a-bloo-blah!!! Unbelievable.

I can only say that both you and Zizali do nothing as 'supporters' but swoop in for the post-game carcass destruction, which frankly involves no possibility of being incorrect.

You never speculate, you never make a hopeful wish, you never dare to dream. You are not Arsenal fans. You are just negative, boring individuals who want nothing more than to annihilate meaningful discussion with your crying.

Sure I can be wrong, and I can be heartbroken - not this season so far where I predicted we would finish 2nd, by the way. But I can also experience joy and love a victory. I can feel and experience the good/bad/ugly in life.

You are withered husk and you are nothing of consequence. Sort yourself out.

I never make a hopeful wish? Never dare to dream? Probably not. Instead I analyse performance and rightfully state where we fail and need to get better.

I'm sure fans of Leyton Orient have hopeful wishes and dreams. Doesn't mean an awful lot now does it. Your suggestion that to be a fan you need to have your head in the clouds is possibly the poorest excuse you could possibly use. I wonder if that's what Wenger does - ignores tactical nuance and just crosses his fingers.

You ask for 'intelligent, thoughtful discussion' then say I'm a crybaby for my correct predictions and analysis - and that instead I should just get teary eyed and whisper 'this will be our year' until it happens?

As for your prediction of second place, I'm sure you made that at some point in the season. How about I dig up the posts that say we're categorically going to win the league? Or how about those from a few weeks ago where you were putting the blame on West Brom for getting a result?

Come on - let's have some substance if you say you have any. Why the perceived self-importance when time and time again you are completely wrong? Don't come back with any 'BUT I DREAM' crap.

Of course you won't, you'll just dive into a thesaurus and find more pathetic insults.
Reply 7981
Original post by a_t
no

and 3-3? where would west ham get a third goal from?

They had the same kind of penalty for handball as you did in the build up to your 4th goal. Wasn't a pen but was identical to the one you were given, no consistency.
Original post by Economist
No (fit) Cesc, no Arsenal. All too predictable, formation just doesn't function without him yet painfully Arsene will still persist with it over and over

This is one of the biggest flaws and Wenger does nothing to address it. Why pack the midfield against teams like Blackburn, West Brom, Newcastle etc at home? They actually want us to keep possession in midfield and play with one striker that can be easily isolated. We don't have a striker like Villa, Torres, Rooney etc, Van Persie is much more a link up player but if everyones back in midfield he does get isolated at times. Wenger needs to give serious consideration to playing with 2 outright strikers against teams we should be beating at home, kind of like what Ferguson does.

Our current system is dependent on Cesc making incisive passes and getting forward, so as soon as you take him out this system falls apart. People say Nasri or Ramsey could just take Cesc's place but in reality we would really have to adapt how we play because neither of them can play that role as Cesc does.
Reply 7983
Yesterday was just a flat performance maybe because so many were coming back from lay offs but it just wasn't good enough, looking at the first 10 though Blackburn looked at 6s and 7s and we all thought there was no way we wouldn't handle them easily. To take off Nasri and leave Song on to hold against a 10 man Blackburn was pretty bizarre. Sagna was particularly ****e I thought and the red card looked harsh but I haven't seen any replays. Too often we worked it out wide and Nasri or Arshavin or Walcott had it edge of the area looking to cross and RvP was basically sitting on their lap 2 yards away instead of in the area, once B52 and Chamakh came on the crosses looked a million times more dangerous
Reply 7984
4-4-2 against top sides :lolwut: only a moron could propose such a disastrous idea :facepalm2:
Original post by Mess.
4-4-2 against top sides :lolwut: only a moron could propose such a disastrous idea :facepalm2:

He said against teams we should be beating at home not top sides...
Reply 7986
"4-4-2 should ALWAYS be used against the top sides"
Sounds pretty definitive to me tbh.

Maybe you are a moron :dontknow:
Original post by Mess.
"4-4-2 should ALWAYS be used against the top sides"
Sounds pretty definitive to me tbh.

Maybe you are a moron :dontknow:

Who said that? I though you were referring to what Ar5enal Fan wrote.
Reply 7988
Tony Adams VI or whatever. Last post, previous page.

His posts are as depressingly bad as ever. I am extremely surprised that he hasn't mentioned arsenal being the moral victors in the footballing world due to never paying more than tuppence and a quick ham shank for a player.
Original post by Mess.
Tony Adams VI or whatever. Last post, previous page.

His posts are as depressingly bad as ever. I am extremely surprised that he hasn't mentioned arsenal being the moral victors in the footballing world due to never paying more than tuppence and a quick ham shank for a player.

4-4-2 is extremely outdated, it doesn't hurt to interchange it with 4-3-3 against the lower teams, much as we did during the 03/4 season.
Reply 7990
Original post by Pete_Lawton

Original post by Pete_Lawton
4-4-2 is extremely outdated, it doesn't hurt to interchange it with 4-3-3 against the lower teams, much as we did during the 03/4 season.

Completely agreed when it comes to lower teams you expect to dominate :yep:
Original post by Mess.

No need to be rude.

Arsenal are a special case as to why I feel 4-4-2 is a must against sides like United. While 4-3-3 has brought about benefits, it has clearly left us seriously exposed in recent seasons against counter attacking sides.

I know more about Arsenal then youl, and arguing about this with you would be pointless. It will simply be the case when the other person has a mental block, and will simply just never understand.
Reply 7992
Glad the fans booed that pathetic performance yesterday, had to put up with the same **** every year and to top it off will have to pay 6% more to see it all again next season :facepalm2:

3 points from games against Sunderland, West Brom & Blackburn in what was supposed to be an easy run in. Throwing the title away, lets hope we can atleast finish second.
(edited 13 years ago)
What is this thread? :facepalm2:
A place where I am warned, very frequently, for trolling... while TommyWannabe and his crew run wild.

A shambles, an utter shambles.
Reply 7995
I'm not gonna pretend to know what happened but as I walked out the ground yesterday I heard someone talking about how some Arsenal fans were fighting eachother, something he had never experienced before - this whole Wenger in/out issues is really dividing the fans

The first time I have ever heard the crowd boo at the end.

Just not good enough and I honestly don't know what to think, something needs to change - that's for sure.
Original post by T.Adams VI

Scezny

Sagna Koscielny Vermaelen Clichy

Nasri Fabregas Song Arshavin

Walcott RvP

With RvP dropping off Walcott. The balls from Cesc to Walcott would be :coma:

Wilshere should start whenever he's fit imo.

Wrt Bent/Bendtner Bent is clearly more prolific, but he gets a lot more game time than Bendtner and he's also a lot older. Bendtner is also a lot better in the air. Also, Bendtner produces some moments and goals of real quality e.g. his goals and assists in cup tournaments this season.
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by RobbieC
A place where I am warned, very frequently, for trolling... while TommyWannabe and his crew run wild.

A shambles, an utter shambles.

So it's the referee's fault again.

There's a surprise.

Still waiting for a response to my previous post by the way.
Original post by milkytea
Wilshere should start whenever he's fit imo.

Wrt Bent/Bendtner Bent is clearly more prolific, but he gets a lot more game time than Bendtner and he's also a lot older. Bendtner is also a lot better in the air. Also, Bendtner produces some moments and goals of real quality e.g. his goals and assists in cup tournaments this season.

Plus Bent takes penalties.

That said, I still think Bent is better.

I cannot understand how people think Bendtner is anywhere near good enough for Arsenal.
From what I saw of the game, it was just another dogged defensive display from another relegation-threatened team, and we didn't produce enough to deserve the win. End of.

Rather unfortunate from our point of view that Vidic wasn't (as he should have been) sent off for United - if not for the first challenge then for the even more unnecessary one in the second half. And anyone who says he shouldn't have been should take a long hard look at what Koscielny was sent off for against Newcastle at the Emirates.

A stupid result, but we are still by no means out of it.

Latest