The Student Room Group

I like a Pakistani girl but am not myself. Can it work?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Know_ThySelf
Ahhhh, don't get me started on them! Ok fine, if you insist! They make me :puke: They act all 'gangsta' but as soon as **** hits the fan, all pretence just drops.

Unfortunately I live around quite a few of them. Although, I take great satisfaction in making them think about their life when they try it :colone:

hahaha im guessing u live in uk somewhere? lol ...nah we dont get em here its cas its the middle east but when i lived in london i remember all of em ...lol....maybe they will grow up to be different :P
Reply 181
Original post by HolyFuzazzle
No =/ I was gonna say if you're an Arabic muslim , that might be a problem (not my own view) just for some reason Pakistani families don't like their kids marryings Arab families and vice versa. I don't think there shouldn't be any concern with beibg Bangladeshi, you should tell her how you feel? =3

Where have you heard that from? :curious:
Reply 182
Original post by Uzzy?
Why not?

india just beat pakistan at cricket, keep up!
Reply 183
Original post by ZizziHikaru
Most of them are drop-dead gorgeous. Long, dark, shiny hair, big, dark reflective eyes, slim but shapely body and beautiful skin colour. Not to mention DEM NOSES.

:eek:

Who's that?
Original post by Anonymous
Im Bangladeshi.

My sympathies.

(Just kidding!)
Original post by cool_beans1993
hahaha im guessing u live in uk somewhere? lol ...nah we dont get em here its cas its the middle east but when i lived in london i remember all of em ...lol....maybe they will grow up to be different :P

A few of them will hopefully grow up to be different. Although, the majority that I once knew, are still the same. I am SO glad I never started a relationship with any of them...! If I saw an ex of mine hanging out on street corners or sitting on a doorstep with their baby, smoking some weed with their so called friends (which is where I've seen most of them end up, unfortunately) I would feel like a muppet for going out with them.

Hmmmm, the Middle East? That's one way of getting away from them! Congratulations, on making it there!
LOOOL....proper asian :P
i would hate to go to ur wedding then...no free food :frown:

Dw cool beans, i might be able to sort you out ;-)
Reply 187
lol its all good...so u go to weddings just for food as well?? :P

i already helped the guy out in the beginning and then some random idiot started being all stubborn n thinking they were right so i was like screw u cant b bothered to argue with u anymore and then food came up :P
haha yh that bbq...it might b cold by the time it gets to u :P

Who doesn't :-p
Original post by Dr.Sweet Science
Ok as a willing student please educate me, Sir. I was helping the brother out because i've seen this situation happen a countless number of times and lets just say it has not ended well. Most Pakistanis would be against marrying outside let alone an Indian/Bengali or Arab.

Your problem, imo, is that you accept the status quo. "Thats just how things are". It doesn't seem to bother you that this isn't supposed to be how things are or that we can actually change things. The younger generation are very different to their parents. In fact, a lot of parents are more open to the idea more now than ever. When a lot of Muslims are marrying out of religion, running off and doing all sorts of bad stuff, marrying someone of a different language pales in comparison. So we need to put things in perspective.

Also, imams are not like this. They need to get their message across because the elder lot, and people like you unfortunately, just don't get it. A Pakistani should marry a Pakistani-- this is cultural nonsense. If you married someone in Britain, no matter what race, the language barrier is not gonna be a major issue. Most people understand or speak English and I bet that's your first language anyway.

Original post by Dr.Sweet Science
Personally most Pakistani girl would understand a Pakistani lad better than anyone else in my experience they are some of the most pious of muslims, carry themselves with pride and dignity, understand my culture and my views on certain matters. All around they are the best match for Pakistani men. I honestly don't get why a Pakistani guy/girl would choose an Indian/Bengali or Arab over a Pakistani.

Secondly why would i marry a Non-Pakistani Asian. There's a whole world out there and i never understand why a Pakistani would want to limit themselves and be mocked by people for marrying an Indian/Bengali or Arab.

Your views are so un-Islamic it's almost laughable. Are you a muslim? For your sake, be a little humble and less arrogant on this subject. You really ought to broaden your horizons. There are many Pakistani- Non-Pakistani married couples. You are stuck in a small world.

Original post by imperial maniac
:facepalm:

Your parents should respect your own wishes.

I certainly don't treat my parents like all-knowing masters, they love me all the same, if yours feel the need to control your life in order to feel respected, then they aren't really very good parents.

Sometimes parents actually know better than you. Your argument is nonsense. You use the extreme example of controling someone to dismiss any input from parents. Who says it's control? You know, a lot of kids actually want to include their family on major life decisions. It makes them happy.

You have a typical western mentality. It's about you you you. How selfish is that. There is often a way to keep everyone happy if it's done properly. Dropping family is a non-option for the vast majority of people (even if they are unreasonable).
(edited 13 years ago)
lol its funny how alot of this isnt really helping OP.....asian weddings :tongue:
Reply 190
Original post by princess271
nope it wont work

How can you be so sure?
Reply 191
Original post by silent ninja
Your problem, imo, is that you accept the status quo. "Thats just how things are". It doesn't seem to bother you that this isn't supposed to be how things are or that we can actually change things. The younger generation are very different to their parents. In fact, a lot of parents are more open to the idea more now than ever. When a lot of Muslims are marrying out of religion, running off and doing all sorts of bad stuff, marrying someone of a different language pales in comparison. So we need to put things in perspective.

Also, imams are not like this. They need to get their message across because the elder lot, and people like you unfortunately, just don't get it. A Pakistani should marry a Pakistani-- this is cultural nonsense. If you married someone in Britain, no matter what race, the language barrier is not gonna be a major issue. Most people understand or speak English and I bet that's your first language anyway.

Your views are so un-Islamic it's almost laughable. Are you a muslim? For your sake, be a little humble and less arrogant on this subject. You really out to broaden your horizons.

Spot on with everything there bro. It's rather sad that someone should hold such outdated views.
Original post by Jamil1987
Dw cool beans, i might be able to sort you out ;-)

good the food better be good actually make sure the dessert is awesome :P

Original post by zircom
Who doesn't :-p

yh true that unless the foods really bad...ruins everything...
Reply 193
To be honest, I don't really have a guideline on what would constitute a stereotypical Asian. I used the phrase because the person who I quoted seem to be talking about Asian girls that he finds stereotypical.

lool oh ok :smile:
Original post by DontJudge
what ethnicity are you then? bangali
indian?

He said he is BEngali a little while ago...
Original post by soyasauce
lool oh ok :smile:

How about yourself? What do you think makes a stereotypical Asian?
Is she Muslim? If she's from a strict family it's her parents that will be the problem here.
A few of them will hopefully grow up to be different. Although, the majority that I once knew, are still the same. I am SO glad I never started a relationship with any of them...! If I saw an ex of mine hanging out on street corners or sitting on a doorstep with their baby, smoking some weed with their so called friends (which is where I've seen most of them end up, unfortunately) I would feel like a muppet for going out with them.

Hmmmm, the Middle East? That's one way of getting away from them! Congratulations, on making it there!

hahaha id laugh if that was ur ex...tbh ive never seen that...happy im not in that position :smile:

yh made it to the middle east but heading back to london in the summer!!
Reply 198
How about yourself? What do you think makes a stereotypical Asian?

uhh im not quite sure about asians but a stereotype of a pakistani girl would be : (right i dont wanna offend anyone this is just what i think and i may be wrong )
- 2 faced - different outside of home and different around parents
- always bitching .....
and um can't think of anything else : im not exposed to many sensible good asians so my description can be abit biased :s

what about you ??
Reply 199
i know tons of pakistani's who have married non-pakistanis (but that might just be a south london thing)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending