The Student Room Group

TB Jab Question

basically i never had the TB jab when i was at school. i didn't even have the test. i didn't want the ugly scar on my arm. unfortunately now i have to have it done to register as a dental nurse.
when they do the tester on your arm, what is it they are looking for? is it supposed to stay raised or is it supposed to fade? i can't remember and neither can anyone who had it done. just want to know what to look out for so i know whether i need it or not. and how can you stop the main jab from scarring? i know bio oil should work, but are you meant to keep it dry, keep the scab on it or what? thanks.
(edited 13 years ago)
The test fades. It basically tests to see if you've had the virus before, or if you have a reaction.
Reply 2
Original post by pumpkin7
How can you stop the main jab from scarring? i know bio oil should work, but are you meant to keep it dry, keep the scab on it or what? thanks.

Bad news is you can't stop it from scarring, it's the nature of the jab, but its a scar almost everyone has, and it's not that bad.
Reply 3
Original post by DMed
Bad news is you can't stop it from scarring, it's the nature of the jab, but its a scar almost everyone has, and it's not that bad.

i'm more worried about the ones that some people get where they're huge, white and shiny. is that because they've picked at them or something?
Reply 4
Original post by pumpkin7
i'm more worried about the ones that some people get where they're huge, white and shiny. is that because they've picked at them or something?

If you pick them they leak pus (I know, sounds lovely). The scars generally all look like flat red spots.
Would you rather have a 0.5 cm scar or ****ing tuberculosis?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending