The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 800
Original post by fodé
Hey, congrats on your offer at St Andrews. That's where I want to go too. Hopefully we'll be colleagues next year. :biggrin:

As a Romanian, do you need predicted grades? Or do you just send your current year averages (mediile)?

you need predicted grades on BAC and afterwards they'll emailing you asking for a School Transcript (foaia matricola). They'll take a look at your biology grades, as Chemistry and Maths have predicted grades on BAC.
Original post by Straight up G
revising already?

High flyer....

A month and a half before the exams? Wouldn't really call that exceptional, especially not for medical applicants...
:biggrin: ahhh hey guys,
just thought i'd leave my mark on this thread :tongue: i'm taking chemistry/biology/maths/englit/psychology

:smile: best of luck to you all
Reply 803

revising already?

High flyer....

Hi :cute:

Haha, a bit yes, making sure all my notes are up to date! :cool:
Reply 804
Original post by SylveeDiggs

Original post by SylveeDiggs
I know what you mean, although if it was more interesting, it might make it harder. what do you think?

But atm it doesn't even feel like proper science, I much prefer the interesting things which require understanding rather than the stupid 'learn these ridiculous facts' type of spec. :sad: haha and I had a look at the A2 course for Bio yesterday, Unit 4 seems so awful :frown:
Reply 805
Original post by Normandy114
A month and a half before the exams? Wouldn't really call that exceptional, especially not for medical applicants...

Haha I agree!

Easter hasn't started yet...
Original post by oHellno

Nerdy nerd
Reply 808
Original post by oHellno

Same. I can properly revise for my exams, now my biology and chemistry coursework is (nearly) out the way.

First things to revise for? Biology and disease for biology, Totalitarian ideology for history and Women in Athens and Rome for Classical Civilisation.
Reply 809
Got work exp sorted for summer... beginning of July for a week instead of Easter which is better except I'll be flying over a day after my gold d of e hike. Might need some treatment done for me once I get over
Original post by cz100
Got work exp sorted for summer... beginning of July for a week instead of Easter which is better except I'll be flying over a day after my gold d of e hike. Might need some treatment done for me once I get over

Nice one. :smile: Whereabouts are you doing your work exp (since you're flying over)? I'm considering doing some in Algeria but idk!
Easter hasn't started yet...

it has for some...been off since wednesday :P
Original post by fudgesundae
it has for some...been off since wednesday :P

Lucky ****. I start this thursday
Reply 813
Original post by Unbiased Opinion
Nice one. :smile: Whereabouts are you doing your work exp (since you're flying over)? I'm considering doing some in Algeria but idk!

It's just in England. I have to fly since I live in NI :redface:
Just out of interest, how do most of you go about applying for work experience? E.g. phone/letter/email etc.
Just out of interest, how do most of you go about applying for work experience? E.g. phone/letter/email etc.

phone

call 20/30 places

get a return call from 1 or 2
Original post by Fluffy Chuckie
Hi, I'm studying maths, chemistry, biology and history, how about you?

Biology, Chemistry, Maths, English Lit and German:smile:
How did you do in the January exams?

A lot of the biggest hospitals have actual work experience application forms-
I sent two e-mails to different hospitals (one replied saying they were full, the other didn't reply at all), and sent out one application form (and i was offered a week work experience)
:smile: kind'a excited for it
Reply 818

Both emails and phone calls. Most of them email replies I got were literally the same attachment about work experience information :facepalm:
Original post by manic_fuzz
A lot of the biggest hospitals have actual work experience application forms-
I sent two e-mails to different hospitals (one replied saying they were full, the other didn't reply at all), and sent out one application form (and i was offered a week work experience)
:smile: kind'a excited for it

Good luck, I done some at the RD&E a couple months ago, REALLY enjoyed it.

Latest

Trending

Trending