The Student Room Group

Does this annoy anyone else?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by *Dreaming*
Alien abduction.

Almost certainly would happen.

I can't believe that selfish OAF wouldn't stay to make sure the aliens didn't get you!

Dumpsville, I'd say.
If you had a key, then you're making a big deal out of it. If you didn't have a key and were relying on whoever you live with to open the door, then maybe, but I think you are kinda making a big deal out of it...
Original post by Anonymous
Take your own advice. You didn't know what else happened so you can't assume things.

The 'grow up' was addressed towards your reaction to the driving away thing. And I stand by it.
You guys are probably right. When my ex use to do this I never thought it was a big deal even though my mother pointed it out :rolleyes: I think because my ex lied, cheated, and ultimately left me for another girl I'm just really cautious.

Ahh your mum pointed it out. I tend not to listen to my parents advice about relationships as much anymore, as it is slightly different now since they were teenagers 30 years ago lol
Reply 24
My friends always wait for me til I get in and vise versa......obv not a very considerate guy....look elsewhere...take note all you guys out there!
I kind of get where you're coming from but don't read too much into it as it could spoil (as it already has) your feelings towards him.

If that's the only thing hes done wrong then just take it in your stride. Don't spoil what you could potentially have with him. He hasn't done anything else has he? If not then try and not be too over sensitive. This isn't the early 20th/19th century! All he did was drive off without seeing you in! :rolleyes:.
Reply 26
Original post by Magical.Malteaser
If you had a key, then you're making a big deal out of it. If you didn't have a key and were relying on whoever you live with to open the door, then maybe, but I think you are kinda making a big deal out of it...

Ok thanks. This has actually changed my mind about the whole situation and I agree I was just being stupid. I think I was just looking for something wrong because I miss my ex...
Original post by Fumblenuts91
The 'grow up' was addressed towards your reaction to the driving away thing. And I stand by it.

Good to know. I stand by mine too.
Reply 27
rude but not the end of the world
Last night I went out with This guy for the first time. He found I was into him and he was sort of surprised but he felt the same. Ever since he got my number last Saturday(from my friend), we've been texting every single day. He asked to hang out yesterday so we did. It was kind of weird though. There were a lot of silences but anyways that's not what's bothering me.

When he dropped me off and I was at my front door with my key, he drove off. Shouldn't the guy at least wait for you to get inside or open the door at least? I mean it only takes like a minute so that really annoyed. It reminds me of what my ex used to do and because of that I'm kinda turned off by the guy.

It feels like they don't care or not into you if they're not willing to do that. It's weird and it makes me feel like they think I'm just any other girl like trashy or whatever.

All in all, I got text from him this morning saying good morning...

Am I making a big deal out of this?

..Hmm i think you're over thinking it...it might just have been a little bit of turn off, because it reminded you of your ex. Thats not annoying at all, but what really would be annoying is if he talked about politics for like the first half, and then the second half talking about how much of a slut his ex is because she didnt love him anymore (clearly not over her)...possibly the worst time ever spent with someone :rolleyes:

..and you'd have thought awkard silences were bad.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 29
Last night I went out with This guy for the first time. He found I was into him and he was sort of surprised but he felt the same. Ever since he got my number last Saturday(from my friend), we've been texting every single day. He asked to hang out yesterday so we did. It was kind of weird though. There were a lot of silences but anyways that's not what's bothering me.

When he dropped me off and I was at my front door with my key, he drove off. Shouldn't the guy at least wait for you to get inside or open the door at least? I mean it only takes like a minute so that really annoyed. It reminds me of what my ex used to do and because of that I'm kinda turned off by the guy.

It feels like they don't care or not into you if they're not willing to do that. It's weird and it makes me feel like they think I'm just any other girl like trashy or whatever.

All in all, I got text from him this morning saying good morning...

Am I making a big deal out of this?

I think so. Think of it in his perspective. He's into you, and he doesn't want to seem obsessed, so maybe he thought waiting that long would make you think he just likes staring at you (or your arse), and so he just drove away. Don't take it to heart.
Reply 30
Original post by thecookiemonster
Ahh your mum pointed it out. I tend not to listen to my parents advice about relationships as much anymore, as it is slightly different now since they were teenagers 30 years ago lol

Yeah I'm going to stop listening to her. She tends to ruin things for me.
Original post by Charlottelisabeth
I kind of get where you're coming from but don't read too much into it as it could spoil (as it already has) your feelings towards him.

If that's the only thing hes done wrong then just take it in your stride. Don't spoil what you could potentially have with him. He hasn't done anything else has he? If not then try and not be too over sensitive. This isn't the early 20th/19th century! All he did was drive off without seeing you in! :rolleyes:.

I mean he was late picking me up and was baked as well. He didn't talk much but neither did I. We smoked and ended up watching a movie and after it ended, he suggested first if I should go home. So I agreed, it was getting awkward and I didn't want to overstay my welcome. He was talking earlier about hoping there was party to go to later (with me) but that changed I suppose. Other those few things, nope.
Reply 31
I never said he had to open the door for me?:rolleyes:
I meant for him just to wait to see(from his car) if I got in okay.

LOL. You are just... retarded.
Reply 32
Original post by When will I know?
..Hmm i think you're over thinking it...it might just have been a little bit of turn off, because it reminded you of your ex. Thats not annoying at all, but what really would be annoying is if he talked about politics for like the first half, and then the second half talking about how much of a slut his ex is because she didnt love him anymore (clearly not over her)...possibly the worst time ever spent with someone :rolleyes:

..and you'd have thought awkard silences were bad.

I agree and thanks for your nice reply +rep

Original post by qasman
I think so. Think of it in his perspective. He's into you, and he doesn't want to seem obsessed, so maybe he thought waiting that long would make you think he just likes staring at you (or your arse), and so he just drove away. Don't take it to heart.

I never thought of it like that. +rep for your reply as well. What would you think if a guy came to pick you up and he was stoned?

Original post by tonberry
LOL. You are just... retarded.

Give me a break. It's my first 'date' since my ex and I broke up. I'm overthinking things.
OP, you should have known that you would get ripped to shreds on here...
As a matter of fact I do sympathise with you. My boyfriend walks my to my door all the time, which is really sweet and I really appreciate it :P I get annoyed by petty things too, though, like when people drop me home and stop across the road from my house rather than pulling into the driveway. It's kind of unreasonable, but yes, it bugs me. You're not alone. Just don't share it with TSR in future...
I think you've watched too many chick flicks.

Also, it was a first date, it's bound not to go smoothly. If the awkward silences were bothering you then you should have done something about it :s-smilie:

I mean he was late picking me up and was baked as well. He didn't talk much but neither did I. We smoked and ended up watching a movie and after it ended, he suggested first if I should go home. So I agreed, it was getting awkward and I didn't want to overstay my welcome. He was talking earlier about hoping there was party to go to later (with me) but that changed I suppose. Other those few things, nope.

Of all the things you've listed there, you decided to be annoyed that he didn't walk you to the door?
Reply 36
You're overreacting about this. It doesn't mean anything. If that's you're only issue with this guy then you are very lucky.

I know some girls who complain when the guy waits until they've entered the house as "it's rude because it's like he's waiting for you to invite him in".

Sometimes a boy just can't win either way.
I'd be more surprised if a guy did wait until I was safely inside to be honest. Sure, I understand wanting to find a guy who is sweet and chivalrous but just because he didn't tick this particular box, I wouldn't give up on him completely!
What to make sure you got in ok? Oh right because opening door and walking in is such a long and perilous journey

yes, yes you are
Reply 39
Original post by OrangeSocks
Of all the things you've listed there, you decided to be annoyed that he didn't walk you to the door?

I didn't want him to walk me to the door but in your opinion, what's the worst thing?

Original post by cowsforsale
I think you've watched too many chick flicks.

Also, it was a first date, it's bound not to go smoothly. If the awkward silences were bothering you then you should have done something about it :s-smilie:

I know but it's really hard for me normally so imagine with a guy..

Quick Reply

Latest