Leeds
Original post by dmz
Oh, shouldn't have butt in :tongue:

ahaha nooo its fine :smile: x
Reply 1162
Henry Price ????????????? Looks pretty nice x
Original post by -Christabel-
I applied to henry price :biggrin:!
I kept dithering back and forth between HP, JBP and leodis, but I bit the bullet and choose HP, I think your overly excited posts a few days back helped swing the vote in HP favour lol, but also I realised that I really wanna be on campus for my first year, I can always migrate towards Headingly in my second and third year, but for my first year on campus is where its at :smile:

Oh yay :smile: my first HP friend! I'm so glad my enthusiasm helped you, god looking back I really was excited! I really love it though:smile:
Yeah that's what I thought on campus for your first year must be really good and you can always get a house with friends near headingly after :smile: we have it all planned out! What course are you going to do?:smile:
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 1164
whats lyddon like?
Original post by PhilosophyIsMyGame
Oh yay :smile: my first HP friend! I'm so glad my enthusiasm helped you, god looking back I really was excited! I really love it though:smile:
Yeah that's what I thought on campus for your first year must be really good and you can always get a house with friends near headingly after :smile: we have it all planned out! What course are you going to do?:smile:

:smile: I just pray I get the HP accommodation and get in to Leeds, im gonna be doing neuroscience :colonhash: haha yes because I am that cool! I see from your sig that your doing sociology, what a levels you doing atm?

and lol u still sound like you're on a high
Original post by clmcd
Henry Price ????????????? Looks pretty nice x

yup IMO its the best accommodation for firsts years, tho keep in mind the fact that its the only accommodation I saw but I built up a a pretty good picture of the others through what I heard from others :biggrin:, but yh its nice to be so close to the student union, and all the other amenities on campus, and also close to the city centre.

And people who are current first/second years who I've asked said that the ones who were the happiest were those on campus, and tbh its just nice to know that you could roll out of bed just before your lecture and still make it on time :smile:
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 1167
Does anyone have any information on Henry Price? I just need to know what it's like and if it's for me please. People there, rooms, en suite etc Thanksxx
For me a good social life in the accommodation halls is the top priority! But a second close priority is distance from campus, so even though i know Bodington is supposed to have a good party reputation it isnt an option for me because of its distance.

What are everyones thoughts on which accommodation is most sociable besides bodington?
Reply 1169
Hi there, I've just firmed Leeds for History and Philopsophy

I was wondering what accomodation would be the best for social life/as well as being able to get some serious work done. So a decent sized room and desk.
I think it's also important for it to be in a nice area but this isn't crucial.

Assuming that money isn't an issue what would you recommend? Oh and it has to be either on campus or relatively near.

Thanks alot would appreciate any feedback
:smile: I just pray I get the HP accommodation and get in to Leeds, im gonna be doing neuroscience :colonhash: haha yes because I am that cool! I see from your sig that your doing sociology, what a levels you doing atm?

Yeah me too, i hope I do get into HP! Oh that sounds good!
Yeah, I'm doing Sociology, Philosophy & Ethics, & Food Tech! Did English Lit as an AS too :smile: what you doing? Science ones I guess haha!

Where are you from?
North hill court?? x
Original post by PhilosophyIsMyGame
Yeah me too, i hope I do get into HP! Oh that sounds good!
Yeah, I'm doing Sociology, Philosophy & Ethics, & Food Tech! Did English Lit as an AS too :smile: what you doing? Science ones I guess haha!

Where are you from?

I did english lit at AS as well but I dropped that like it was hot when I got in2 yr13 lol, I did citizenship at AS as well but dropped that too, and I'm taking biology, chemistry, science in society, and economics, so you did guess right :smile:

I live just outside london, u?
I was told by a few final years that the new Charles Morris Hall looks great and they recommend it. Also, they said Devonshire was nice but also very popular. One of them said they were given Henry Price after not getting into their first choice, however they enjoyed it a lot more than they thought they would.
I did english lit at AS as well but I dropped that like it was hot when I got in2 yr13 lol, I did citizenship at AS as well but dropped that too, and I'm taking biology, chemistry, science in society, and economics, so you did guess right :smile:

I live just outside london, u?

Haha me too, i didnt reallt enjoy it that much! I wish i took something like Biology instead!
Ah, i used to love science at school! I live in Newcastle :smile: your coming pretty far to Leeds then!
What grades do you need to get for neuroscience?
Reply 1175

wow nice. I wanted to intercalate and do neuroscience if i had got in for medicine :frown:, but neuro's pretty cool :tongue:

Original post by Cally M
Hi there, I've just firmed Leeds for History and Philopsophy

I was wondering what accomodation would be the best for social life/as well as being able to get some serious work done. So a decent sized room and desk.
I think it's also important for it to be in a nice area but this isn't crucial.

Assuming that money isn't an issue what would you recommend? Oh and it has to be either on campus or relatively near.

Thanks alot would appreciate any feedback

erm JB has best location, easy access to uni, city centre and uni, walkable distance, pretty nice but small rooms, awesome desks, social life should be good in en suites at least. 107pw i think.

however it is oversubscribed more than anywhere else, pretty much 50/50 and you don't get to put down a 2nd choice

I wish I didn't drop English Lit looking back. Can't say I enjoyed it incredibly though I didn't mind, more than it took less effort than my other subjects. :lol:
I've now completely changed my mind and am pretty sure I'll be applying for Charles Morris (preferably Storm Jameson). I'm just worried about it being oversubscribed, since I haven't heard anything regarding whether it is or not :/
anyone applying for leodis/ can tell me aythign about it?

im kind of considetring going for Leodis now??
Reply 1179
HenryPrice? Anybody? :smile:

Latest