The Student Room Group

Does this annoy anyone else?

Scroll to see replies

I like it when guys wait for you to get in the door to make sure youre safe, it makes you feel like they really care about you buuttt at the same time, this early on, i wouldn't make too big a deal out of it! He won't have done it on purpose (he wont have realised) so don't let it affect how you feel about him :smile:
Original post by Anonymous
Last night I went out with This guy for the first time. He found I was into him and he was sort of surprised but he felt the same. Ever since he got my number last Saturday(from my friend), we've been texting every single day. He asked to hang out yesterday so we did. It was kind of weird though. There were a lot of silences but anyways that's not what's bothering me.

When he dropped me off and I was at my front door with my key, he drove off. Shouldn't the guy at least wait for you to get inside or open the door at least? I mean it only takes like a minute so that really annoyed. It reminds me of what my ex used to do and because of that I'm kinda turned off by the guy.

It feels like they don't care or not into you if they're not willing to do that. It's weird and it makes me feel like they think I'm just any other girl like trashy or whatever.

All in all, I got text from him this morning saying good morning...

Am I making a big deal out of this?

I'm a huge fan of old school chivalry.

My best friend's (girl) bf was teaching me about some random chivalrous acts and I like doing them now. Makes me feel like a gentleman and my gf appreciates it.

Still I think in modern times chivalry is in fact dead for most people. I would stop expecting it from guys and instead just be pleasantly surprised when you do encounter it.
lol.
I meant for him just to wait to see(from his car) if I got in okay.

He probably assumed you've managed to grasp the utterly simple concept of opening a door.
Reply 44
Original post by TheFlyingDutchman
I'm a huge fan of old school chivalry.

My best friend's (girl) bf was teaching me about some random chivalrous acts and I like doing them now. Makes me feel like a gentleman and my gf appreciates it.

Still I think in modern times chivalry is in fact dead for most people. I would stop expecting it from guys and instead just be pleasantly surprised when you do encounter it.

You sound like a nice guy :smile: And yes I think I'll have to start doing that now. I really shouldn't be surprised with how the guys are around here...

Original post by SayonaraSamm
He probably assumed you've managed to grasp the utterly simple concept of opening a door.

Sometimes I forget how.
:lolwut:
Reply 46
he was driving you around whilst high....and you thought him not waiting for you to open the door was the off-putting part???
Reply 47
Unless the road you live on a very busy road where you cannot stop, it's generally very poor manners to just leave a girl before she at least opens the front door.

Last I checked we're supposed to do it not just for girls whom we are dating but also those who we are just friends with.

The lack of manners these days is appalling.
he drove you home didn't he?? don't read too much into it that he didn't wait until you had got inside... :smile:
Reply 49
Original post by sarahthegemini
:lolwut:

shoot me.

Original post by petitflam
he was driving you around whilst high....and you thought him not waiting for you to open the door was the off-putting part???

I don't think I would've mind if we hung out a lot but this was our first time ever hanging out. I thought he should've been sober at least for that at least until we smoked.

Oh and also, he mentioned me doing his term paper for him for like the second time.. :l Obviously I said no but I said it the first time so why would he ask again? I couldn't tell if he was being serious or not...

Original post by Iorek
Unless the road you live on a very busy road where you cannot stop, it's generally very poor manners to just leave a girl before she at least opens the front door.

Last I checked we're supposed to do it not just for girls whom we are dating but also those who we are just friends with.

The lack of manners these days is appalling.

yes thank you! Someone who sees it. And yes I do live on a busy street.
Paranoid troll is paranoid
I'd be grateful just for the guy driving me home.
Reply 52

I don't think I would've mind if we hung out a lot but this was our first time ever hanging out. I thought he should've been sober at least for that at least until we smoked.

yes, i would mind that! anyone who expected me to get in a car with them whilst they were stoned would be waiting a ****ing long time!!!
Reply 53
you need to chill out man ....
You sound like a nice guy :smile: And yes I think I'll have to start doing that now. I really shouldn't be surprised with how the guys are around here...

Sometimes I forget how.

Nice guys finish last though. Just kidding my gf's a slamming hotty. What do you mean around here ? There must be a few decent guys that live near you ?

It's more my paranoia than anything. Normally it's ok because someone's home but once I dropped her of and the house was empty but I had to go home for something so I couldn't stay. Made sure she got in and locked the door behind her then rang her soon as I got home to make sure everything was ok.

I watch too much criminal minds :frown:
Reply 55
Original post by Architecture-er
Paranoid troll is paranoid

I'm not trolling okay?

Original post by DontJudge
you need to chill out man ....

I know..

Original post by petitflam
yes, i would mind that! anyone who expected me to get in a car with them whilst they were stoned would be waiting a ****ing long time!!!

I didn't know until I got in the car and he was driving and then he blurted it out that he was. Even if I did know, I still wouldn't have done anything most likely..
Reply 56
I'm not trolling okay?

I know..

I didn't know until I got in the car and he was driving and then he blurted it out that he was. Even if I did know, I still wouldn't have done anything most likely..

so does this mean your gay?
Reply 57
Original post by TheFlyingDutchman
Nice guys finish last though. Just kidding my gf's a slamming hotty. What do you mean around here ? There must be a few decent guys that live near you ?

It's more my paranoia than anything. Normally it's ok because someone's home but once I dropped her of and the house was empty but I had to go home for something so I couldn't stay. Made sure she got in and locked the door behind her then rang her soon as I got home to make sure everything was ok.

I watch too much criminal minds :frown:

I seriously don't think there are any decent guys around here. That's pretty funny but still sweet

Original post by DontJudge
so does this mean your gay?

I'm a girl? What made you think that?
Reply 58
I seriously don't think there are any decent guys around here. That's pretty funny but still sweet

I'm a girl? What made you think that?

omg ****t!!!!!! i tot you were a guy datin another guy. and i was gonna puke. lol sorry
No there were a few other things as well..

Like what?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending