The Student Room Group

Help - male perspective appreciated but views from ladies welcome too :)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by SkinFadeHaircut
Cheeeeeeeseeeeeeee

You're clearly not ready, if you was ready you wouldn't need some students to make a decision for you. You'll know when it's right because it will be spontaneous and you won't have time to ask anyone if it's the right time.

I'm ready to say it, I just don't want to scare him away!
Original post by DontJudge
no you idiot im basically saying thats like well weird..

its like saying..you gotofficially married in a church and everything... then not call them your husband!!

weird!!!!

:angry:

No, it isn't like that at all. Not everyone starts loving their partner the second they get together. Unless you're a 13 year old bebo-using girl, that is.
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by Anonymous
I'm ready to say it, I just don't want to scare him away!

It should be spontaneous, like in the movies. Not asking strangers, and the plunging in for the kill, just go about your business, it will just come out naturally.

its like saying..you gotofficially married in a church and everything... then not call them your husband!!

weird!!!!

You don't love someone as soon as you get into a relationship! It takes time.
You don't just say it straight away, you have to get to know the person, that's what the relationship is for.

Also, it's nothing like being married and not calling them your husband. Worst analogy ever.
Reply 24
Original post by Retrodiction
No, it isn't like that at all. Not every starts loving their partner the second they get together. Unless you're a 13 year old bebo-using girl, that is.

LOL your so funny !!!
your probbaly a bebo addict whose in love with justin bebo! <gett it!!.
im good at being funny ^.-
Reply 25
Original post by jeffercake
You don't love someone as soon as you get into a relationship! It takes time.
You don't just say it straight away, you have to get to know the person, that's what the relationship is for.

Also, it's nothing like being married and not calling them your husband. Worst analogy ever.

lol! atleast i tried. i'd like to see you think of a 'anology' in one second.
well you shouldn't call it a relationship then. ylou should just be friends duh!
Reply 26
Original post by baffled_mathman
a) If a girl feels it first, she should say it first. Honesty is important in a relationship. And I've heard of no "conventions" on this point.

b) As the Smiths said, "How soon is now?". If you feel it, then it's not "too soon", people have loved at first sight before now (myself included). So no, by any definition it isn't.

And no, the fact you're both 22 makes no difference.

Tell him...if he's worth loving, he'll be delighted.

rep for the Smiths!
considering my last boyfriend told me he thought he was in love with me 2 mins after meeting me. . i think its a reasonable amount of time.
lol! atleast i tried. i'd like to see you think of a 'anology' in one second.
well you shouldn't call it a relationship then. ylou should just be friends duh!

Boring troll is boring.
Reply 29
Original post by jeffercake
Boring troll is boring.

lol. that anology is like well clever dont no how you thought of it! ^.-
LOL your so funny !!!
your probbaly a bebo addict whose in love with justin bebo! <gett it!!.
im good at being funny ^.-

LOOLOLOOLOL YOU'RE SO FUNNY OMG HOW DID I NOT NOTICE YOU BEFORE!!1!11!!!!1

Oh, wait.
Reply 31
Original post by Retrodiction
LOOLOLOOLOL YOU'RE SO FUNNY OMG HOW DID I NOT NOTICE YOU BEFORE!!1!11!!!!1

Oh, wait.

no need to compliment.
btw that first line proper sounds like me!!
i laugh at anything!
i need to be more serious!!
I say go for it, there's never really a "right time".

Have either of you ever really talked about your feelings?
Hello all.

I have a relationship question. So I suppose this is the right place to post it. It's about saying the 'three words'. I want to say them to my boyfriend but I'm worried about scaring him off. We've been together 'officialI ly' for 7 months but unofficially for about a year. So two questions really:

1. Should the girl say it first? Or should wait for him?
2. Is it too soon - is it likely he'll be scared off?

We're both 22 if that helps.

It should just happen naturally. Like after you've had sex, you're laying together, and one of you will just say it because thats how strongly you feel! I think I told my girlfriend how much I loved her when we'd been together for about 4-5 months.

I'd say don't worry about it too much, it'll happen at the right time!

Not that I'm some kind of guru btw, I don't really know what I'm talking about tbh! But that's just how it was for me! :P
7 months is quite a long time not to have said "I love you". If you genuinely feel that way about him then tell him! I was the first one to say the "three words" in my last relationship and I don't regret it as he said them many times after that. It does seem to quite often be the guy who says it first though from what I've heard but after 7 months it's clear that you must really like each other so it's hardly going to be weird! I've heard of people saying it after 2 weeks and freaking their partner out but 7 months is definitely acceptable.
Reply 35
Original post by Obitchuary
I say go for it, there's never really a "right time".

Have either of you ever really talked about your feelings?

Not really, it has largely been implicit. Have told each other we like each other/care but that's about it really. I feel more strongly than that and I'm fairly sure he does too. Just want to be cautious and not overly eager... nor do I want to come across too strong.
Reply 36
Original post by frespanglish
7 months is quite a long time not to have said "I love you". If you genuinely feel that way about him then tell him! I was the first one to say the "three words" in my last relationship and I don't regret it as he said them many times after that. It does seem to quite often be the guy who says it first though from what I've heard but after 7 months it's clear that you must really like each other so it's hardly going to be weird! I've heard of people saying it after 2 weeks and freaking their partner out but 7 months is definitely acceptable.

Thanks :smile: I'm getting the general consensus as it being OK to say now if I feel the time is right. I suppose if anybody was going to criticise the notion it would be here on TSR!

I know he's awful at talking about feelings, I had to make us have 'the talk' because he wouldn't. Maybe this situation is that, mark II.

Suppose it's a case of waiting for the right moment and being totally sure?
Thanks :smile: I'm getting the general consensus as it being OK to say now if I feel the time is right. I suppose if anybody was going to criticise the notion it would be here on TSR!

I know he's awful at talking about feelings, I had to make us have 'the talk' because he wouldn't. Maybe this situation is that, mark II.

Suppose it's a case of waiting for the right moment and being totally sure?

You shouldn't hang around and wait for the "right moment", it should just slip out! I don't really remember the first time I said it because I wasn't really planning it, I just spoke how I was feeling at the time. It was a relief when he said it back though!
Reply 38
Original post by frespanglish
You shouldn't hang around and wait for the "right moment", it should just slip out! I don't really remember the first time I said it because I wasn't really planning it, I just spoke how I was feeling at the time. It was a relief when he said it back though!

I've had a fair few moments like that, where I've really wanted to say it, when we've been alone together. Never had the courage though! Perhaps I should just go for it next time. I got up the courage to initiate 'the talk', I can do this!
Reply 39

weird!!!!

Calm it, Kermit :colonhash:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending