The Student Room Group

I'm gay but hate the LGBT acronym

I really don't enjoy being lumped in with bisexuals and transgenders, who I feel are nothing more than attention seekers

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by Phebec
I really don't enjoy being lumped in with bisexuals and transgenders, who I feel are nothing more than attention seekers

Ye because people who completely exclude one gender altogether are somehow less attention seeking than people who have an interest in both.... ?
Great logic right there.
Reply 2
Original post by Tommyjw
Ye because people who completely exclude one gender altogether are somehow less attention seeking than people who have an interest in both.... ?
Great logic right there.

lol wut, so you're saying homosexuality and bisexuality are equivalent?
Original post by Tommyjw
Great logic right there.

Ohmigod. Yes I love your sig
Reply 4
Don't hang out with them then?
Problem solved
if you were really gay you wouldnt have this closeminded opinion. i dont believe you're gay for even a second. gay people as a whole are alot more accepting of people especially those that fit into lgbtq. you would understand that just like being gay, being trans or bisexual is not a choice. you would be telling people that you cant help who you are attracted too, so why cant some people be attracted to both sexes?
do you think some people would spend thousands of pounds on sugery and go through all the bullying, and the comeing out, and all the isolation and rejection if they didnt truly believe they were born in the wrong body.
idiot.
I'm gay. I hate gay people like you. You can't want equality and superiority at the same time.
Original post by Tommyjw
Great logic right there.

gay people dont 'exclude' the opposite gender, theyre just not attracted to them, simple as.
or sorry should they go out with someone of the opposite sex just so people think they're not excluding them...
get over itt :/
Original post by SuperSam_Fantastiche
I'm gay. I hate gay people like you. You can't want equality and superiority at the same time.

THIS.
Reply 9
Original post by kellymichelle
if you were really gay you wouldnt have this closeminded opinion. i dont believe you're gay for even a second. gay people as a whole are alot more accepting of people especially those that fit into lgbtq. you would understand that just like being gay, being trans or bisexual is not a choice. you would be telling people that you cant help who you are attracted too, so why cant some people be attracted to both sexes?
do you think some people would spend thousands of pounds on sugery and go through all the bullying, and the comeing out, and all the isolation and rejection if they didnt truly believe they were born in the wrong body.
idiot.

Actually that isnt true. I worked in a gay bar for a long time and some of them actually voiced that they hated lesbians and didnt like it when they came into the bar.

All being gay means is that you're attracted to members of the same sex. It doesnt mean you're a nicer, or more accepting person.
Original post by Antonia87
Actually that isnt true. I worked in a gay bar for a long time and some of them actually voiced that they hated lesbians and didnt like it when they came into the bar.

All being gay means is that you're attracted to members of the same sex. It doesnt mean you're a nicer, or more accepting person.

This, unfortunately even gays can be arse holes.

maybe some of the idiots that came into your bar. but thats why i said "on the whole"
Reply 12
Original post by kellymichelle
gay people dont 'exclude' the opposite gender, theyre just not attracted to them, simple as.
or sorry should they go out with someone of the opposite sex just so people think they're not excluding them...
get over itt :/

Yes.. i know that... i am well aware of how it works.

What im saying is, gay people do not like a whole gender, bisexual people like both.. sometimes in different amounts but still, thus i fail to see how the later is more attention seeking.

Get over what? Are you stupid? what are you even trying to say?

Yes, they 'exclude' them in the sense of the word, excluding does not mean they do it forcefully, or by choice., it simply means they are not part of their mindset, seriously, rethink your thoughts.
Original post by Phebec

I used to think bisexuals were annoyingly hypocritical and stupid individuals, because all the ones I'd been meeting were so like that. But then I finally came across some bisexuals who were actually nice. And I realised that it was quite wrong of me to generalise just because I was bullied by a few idiot individuals of that group.

Transexuals are a bit strange, but I think they're hardly attention-seeking if they hide the gender transition really well!
Reply 14

I heard this about some of the gay bars on Canal Street in Manchester and that it was the driving force behind the establishment of lesbian bars such as Vanilla.
Original post by Tommyjw
Yes.. i know that... i am well aware of how it works.

What im saying is, gay people do not like a whole gender, bisexual people like both.. sometimes in different amounts but still, thus i fail to see how the later is more attention seeking.

Get over what? Are you stupid? what are you even trying to say?

Yes, they 'exclude' them in the sense of the word, excluding does not mean they do it forcefully, or by choice., it simply means they are not part of their mindset, seriously, rethink your thoughts.

i misunderstood you, sozzz
tbh im gay and ive never understood why transgender is lumped in with lgb because to me, its a completely different thing. i thought i was going to agree with you until i read your idiotic post. i dont believe that someone who is gay can be that ignorant of other peoples differences so i think its fairly safe to conclude youre a troll..
Original post by JCM89
I heard this about some of the gay bars on Canal Street in Manchester and that it was the driving force behind the establishment of lesbian bars such as Vanilla.

I wouldnt be surprised. Gay men can be really vicious about lesbians. At one point it really pissed me off so I said "Okay, so you dont like straight women and you dont like gay women, what women do you like?"
Original post by thelifeofbrian
tbh im gay and ive never understood why transgender is lumped in with lgb because to me, its a completely different thing. i thought i was going to agree with you until i read your idiotic post. i dont believe that someone who is gay can be that ignorant of other peoples differences so i think its fairly safe to conclude youre a troll..

Oh believe me, it can happen. A bisexual guy threw abuse at me for being a Lady Gaga fan - never mind the music, she fights for their rights FFS :facepalm:. Some idiots...
I wouldnt be surprised. Gay men can be really vicious about lesbians. At one point it really pissed me off so I said "Okay, so you dont like straight women and you dont like gay women, what women do you like?"

None... they're gay :tongue:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending