The Student Room Group

turned her down because she was too drunk

I got with this girl at a club a while ago (she was sober that time) and we texted a few times after that until I stopped texting her (I was enjoying being single and didn't want to lead her on as she seemed quite into me).

The other night she was in the same club as me and my mate who she knows. While I was talking to few other mates she was telling my mate who she knows that she wanted me to come over and was pretty much offering it to me on a plate. At the end of the night I went over to say hi and we walked back together with her mate and mine but I could see she was drunk and I was completely sober. She asked me to go back to hers but I said I politely said I couldn't. We hugged and she wouldnt let go for a while til her mate called he over and we went off in separate directions.

My mate said she's a really nice girl so I'd be up for getting to know her better but I'm wondering if she thinks I'm not interested because I turned her down? The only reason I did was because she was drunk and I'm not into taking advantage of drunk girls.

I did text her the other day but I think it's an old number. Even if it's not she's gone back to her home country for easter and could well have another phone for over there so I cant ask her.

Scroll to see replies

You did the right thing, if you had gone there she'd probably wake up in the morning thinking you were a pig for taking advantage.
Reply 2
She probably thinks you're gay now.
Just text her the link to this thread.
Reply 4
Just talk to her afterwards, tell her how drunk she was. Then you're good to go.
Reply 5
Try and see her again or wait for her to get back and text her some more.
Who goes out sober?
Original post by robotic_dancer
Who goes out sober?

Was hanging from the night before, hadn't been to bed the night before either so only had a few
Reply 8
Wait til she's passed out, then you can have sex with her without her even knowing.
Sometimes women just want to have sex and don't care whether or not they have been taken advantage of!
Original post by moaty...it's gazza
I got with this girl at a club a while ago (she was sober that time) and we texted a few times after that until I stopped texting her (I was enjoying being single and didn't want to lead her on as she seemed quite into me).

The other night she was in the same club as me and my mate who she knows. While I was talking to few other mates she was telling my mate who she knows that she wanted me to come over and was pretty much offering it to me on a plate. At the end of the night I went over to say hi and we walked back together with her mate and mine but I could see she was drunk and I was completely sober. She asked me to go back to hers but I said I politely said I couldn't. We hugged and she wouldnt let go for a while til her mate called he over and we went off in separate directions.

My mate said she's a really nice girl so I'd be up for getting to know her better but I'm wondering if she thinks I'm not interested because I turned her down? The only reason I did was because she was drunk and I'm not into taking advantage of drunk girls.

I did text her the other day but I think it's an old number. Even if it's not she's gone back to her home country for easter and could well have another phone for over there so I cant ask her.

It's one of those situations where you feel bad either way.

One option is you get some but then feel bad for taking advantage but you went with the other one.

Difference being that with the option you chose you get to know you did the right thing. If word gets out that this is how you treat women you'll get some serious respect from girls which will hopefully lead to sober sex.

Sex when she's that drunk isn't much fun either.
Original post by TheFlyingDutchman
It's one of those situations where you feel bad either way.

One option is you get some but then feel bad for taking advantage but you went with the other one.

Difference being that with the option you chose you get to know you did the right thing. If word gets out that this is how you treat women you'll get some serious respect from girls which will hopefully lead to sober sex.

Sex when she's that drunk isn't much fun either.

True but I don't really want to just sleep with various girls anymore. I have been for the last year or so and I'm starting to get bored of it. I dunno if I'm just getting older but I'd rather actually get to know one.
True but I don't really want to just sleep with various girls anymore. I have been for the last year or so and I'm starting to get bored of it. I dunno if I'm just getting older but I'd rather actually get to know one.

Do it then ...

Sleeping with random girls is nothing like as cool as some t.v. shows make it out to be.

After a period of 11 months where I had 6 one night stands I was immediately over it.

Now my gf makes me super happy. Nothings better than when she asks if we can just stay in on the sofa in our pajamas.

Compare that to having to get dressed and spend the night in a sweaty cramped club trying to read every girl in the room. Failing once or twice if you're lucky before you find some girl you don't even know. Then there's the morning after when you feel awkward and realise that she's just as awkward with you. Then you have to deal with the fact that girls never look as good the morning after as they did the night before. Also got to deal with the morning breath of a banshee.

Now my gf actually looks nice in the morning because she takes her makeup of the night before and brushed her teeth. Having a gf is where it's at bro. All the cool kids are doing it.
If she dislikes you for not sleeping with her when she was hammered, then she's a fool! I don't know how drunk her friend was, but hopefully she might have explained the situation to her if there was any doubt. Do you have her on Facebook? I would just send her a little message saying that you had tried to text her but you didn't think it had gone through and ask her if she'd like to meet up once you get back to uni.
Good on you for not taking advantage :smile: have you not got her on facebook or anything? start up a conversation if you wanna get to know her better :smile:

i would dream to be in your situation. i am a 20 year old virgin and i could only wish a girl would ask me back to hers like that.

you should have taken up the opportunity. she offered you, after all, and you didnt force things. as long as she wasnt too ugly but from the sounds of it, it doesnt seem like she is.
Reply 16
You did the right thing. I was turned down by a guy when drunk and in my drunken state i was annoyed but after i sobered up i could see why he did it and actually appreciated that he was a decent guy who wouldnt take advantage of me.

I would at least tell her that though, that the reason you didnt go with her was because she was drunk, not because you didnt like her. If you want to get to know her more then go for it, she obviously likes you!
Original post by Georgiahoneybee
If she dislikes you for not sleeping with her when she was hammered, then she's a fool! I don't know how drunk her friend was, but hopefully she might have explained the situation to her if there was any doubt. Do you have her on Facebook? I would just send her a little message saying that you had tried to text her but you didn't think it had gone through and ask her if she'd like to meet up once you get back to uni.

Nah I don't, might add her tomorrow. It's just I don't really use it, much prefer chatting to people in the flesh.
Original post by Dr Pressure
i would dream to be in your situation. i am a 20 year old virgin and i could only wish a girl would ask me back to hers like that.

you should have taken up the opportunity. she offered you, after all, and you didnt force things. as long as she wasnt too ugly but from the sounds of it, it doesnt seem like she is.

Ask them back to yours?

I didn't really mind nott getting laid. Was only a few days before that that I had last.
Reply 19
Its totally bad to take advantage of someone. When you're drunk you don't know what you're doing and you're not thinking logically. It's no way to start any kind of meaningful relationship.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending