The Student Room Group

Why am I so ugly?

Hi everyone I look at myself everyday and cry because I am not beautiful and people remind me of that everyday. I've never had a boyfriend before and I suppose I get picked on. I've been going gym for a while to keep fit but even there I suffered abuse from guys :frown: I just don't know what to do. I once over heard a guy say I had a nice personality but he just couldn't be seen with me in public. As you can imagine my confidence has been shattered on numerous occasions. Literally. I know not everyone is born beautiful on the outside but what can I do to enhance what I already have? There is probably no point all I can do is enhance my ugly features. Sorry to waste your time.

Scroll to see replies

I'm sure you're not that bad? And anyone can look decent enough if the look after themselves, and wear things that look good on them, maybe a bit of make up too. Or maybe you have low self esteem and can't bring yourself to do these things? I understand what you're going through though, from experience :frown:
Reply 2
You're not ugly. It's your confidence that let you down, raise that and you'll feel great.
**** what other people say about you. Don't think about it, it's not worth it.
Nobody will like you until you learn to like yourself. Its such an overused saying but seriously, its true. I've been in your position and its a bloody difficult one to get out of, but once i had more confidence in myself i definitely had more luck with girls, found it easier to talk to them as 'more than friends' etc.

I know its easier said than done but you just have to try and stop comparing yourself to other people and ignore what anyone else says. I'm sure you look fine. :smile:
I know how you feel, I've felt similar before. What features do you feel are ugly? It's mainly confidence, you need to boost yours and when you feel prettier you normally look it.

Find a few features you really like about yourself, and maybe a radical change with those you don't like an adventurous haircut or colour, or some kind of piercing, or a new style of clothes. Anything to make yourself feel better.

Make-up can make a huge difference sometimes, just to even out your skin tone or add some colour and fake tan can give you a positive self-image if you want to try it, although I'm not personally a fan. (I don't mean going orange like some people but just to give yourself some colour and look healthier).
You should watch this video that I was linked the other day:

Reply 6
Pic?
pics or GTFO
You're not the problem.

It's the shallow people around you.
I doubt you are ugly.

You got nice personality, that's probably better than being good looking but crap personalities. :P

Learn to like yourself. :smile:
Get your hair done properly, wear nice clothes, work out so you have a good figure, and learn how to do make up to enchance what you have. There are loads of ways to improve on what nature gave you. Also, be more confident, confidence will get you everywhere :smile:
Reply 11

only way to solve the problem, it works.
get a hair cut, wear a bit of make-up, if you have glasses get contacts and dress up nicely, makes everyone look a million times better
Original post by Crazy Paving
You should watch this video that I was linked the other day:

she's not that bad?
Confidence, make-up and nice clothes are the way forward babes x
if you belive your ugly, you will convince others you are too. Believe me, i used to get bullied soso bad because of the way i looked. ive grown up now, and lost my puppy fat but most of all im more confident and happy. I know its hard, but try to think possitive, when you see someone in the street, smile! Most people will smile back, and it'll give you a boost! When you go to the gym, just smile at the guys who tease you, show them you havnt a care in the world and your just happy to be alive.
Sorry if this is a bit melodramatic, but girl - BELIEVE your pretty and you will be :smile: <3
Original post by Anonymous
Hi everyone I look at myself everyday and cry because I am not beautiful and people remind me of that everyday. I've never had a boyfriend before and I suppose I get picked on. I've been going gym for a while to keep fit but even there I suffered abuse from guys :frown: I just don't know what to do. I once over heard a guy say I had a nice personality but he just couldn't be seen with me in public. As you can imagine my confidence has been shattered on numerous occasions. Literally. I know not everyone is born beautiful on the outside but what can I do to enhance what I already have? There is probably no point all I can do is enhance my ugly features. Sorry to waste your time.

Listen to me! I was very much the same-bullying, no confidence ,etc. In the last year I've changed from school to a college, and my confidence is growing ,baby! Sure, it's not one hundred percent yet, but I finally believe that it will be one day, and regardless those losers say, I 'm not ugly. Be confident (but not over the top ), and smile, and that will make you so attractive! Can I ask how old you are? Maybe you could change schools or something- a new start? I find at college guys are so much more mature (and hotter :colondollar: :biggrin: ) , and I've been treated like a human being since I started in September for the first time in five years...and it's great. Good luck sweetie, It always works out. I never thought it would for me, but it has and now everythings great. :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin: xxx
Original post by rugbyladosc

Original post by rugbyladosc
she's not that bad?

Yeah, she wasn't in the first place, though her hair wasn't bleach blonde originally and she was apparently "uglier" than the original state in the video. Besides, it shows what anyone (well, female) who is insecure about their looks can do to look "prettier" or "better".
Reply 19
learn how to wear makeup in a way that it will make u look more pretty and wear clothes that will look really good on u! be a happy person always smiling and laughing! it makes a person look alot more attractive! and learn to appreciate what u have and youll see yourself that ull learn how to make urself look alot better rather then just thinking that thats itt.. u can do it :smile: xx

Quick Reply

Latest