The Student Room Group

How much will you revise in the Easter Holidays PER DAY?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by Wick3d
It's my own fault to be honest. I didn't revise properly for Jan exams so I have to put in more hours in order to cover alot of ground in the short space of two weeks. :biggrin:

Well, good luck! Just keep motivated :biggrin:
I don't know how all of you can do that many hours

I struggle to do 1 hour
I shall be doing at least 3 a day.. i usually do about 6-7 but im going snowboarding :P
Reply 43
Original post by Nick1sHere
I don't know how all of you can do that many hours

I struggle to do 1 hour

I motivate myself. It's the only way. When you revise you have to take the attitude of WANTING to learn it, not just trying to fill an hour so you feel good about doing something.

I learnt that in AS, I was just trying to fill the hours, constantly looking at the clock, you have to get past that until time isn't an issue, it's how much you've learnt which is the issue.
3-4hrs a day seems good
Reply 45
Original post by RobertWhite
I understand the routine part. When I was younger I wasted my life playing this game called Runescape. Over Summer one time I tried to go for one of the hardest goals, 99 Runecrafting, I did 12 hours a day over two weeks. The first few days are horrible but then you get into a swing and it's not too bad.

I regret playing that game but it certainly taught me how to sit down for hours doing the same thing over and over again! :colone:

Three cheers for runescape nerdism!

I'm a G.C.S.E. student and I'll be doing 4-5 hours per day during the easter holidays. When I get to A levels, I'll probably do 5-7 hours for 6 days, then 3-5 on the 7th.

That's the plan, at least.
Reply 46
Original post by muffingg
Whoever is seriously interested in getting good grades would study more than 10 hours for sure. Considering it is divided into 14 days !!

Your options should have been:

less than 5
5-10
10-15
15-20
20-30
30-40
40+

Seeing as there is only 24 hours in a day 40 hours seems a bit err..........................................................................IMPOSSIBLE
Reply 47
Original post by bestofyou
op must of meant over each day

p.s. lol at 10hrs a day.

If you wake up at 9, start revision at 10am, you'll be going until say 6. Then have dinner and you still hae 2hrs to go. Considering you suposed to take a break every hour or what ever it is, it would actually be after 8pm by the time you finish, then it nearly back to bed and do it all over again.

Don't talk ****.

Spot on.

Anyone one who says there going to revise for over 10 hours a day is talking out their arse
Reply 48
Original post by Wick3d
Wake up at 6am, start work at 7am, continue to lunch at 12, then start again at 1 until 5 start again at 6 until 11. :smile:

Sounds about right. :biggrin:

So 14 hours plus. :biggrin:

Yeah *******s
Reply 49
Im thinking I'll set out to do like 9 hours a day, but realistically I'll probably end up doing about 3 which cumulatively should be enough (I hope)
Reply 50
Original post by limetang
Im thinking I'll set out to do like 9 hours a day, but realistically I'll probably end up doing about 3 which cumulatively should be enough (I hope)

Same, perhaps I'll aim for 9 and hit 5 :biggrin:
Reply 51
Original post by ppp
Spot on.

Anyone one who says there going to revise for over 10 hours a day is talking out their arse

I understand where you're coming from. Most people who state that don't, what with eating, washing etc...

But I do not someone who fits in 14 hours a day, a complete revision beast who now goes to Oxford.
Reply 52
I understand where you're coming from. Most people who state that don't, what with eating, washing etc...

But I do not someone who fits in 14 hours a day, a complete revision beast who now goes to Oxford.

Yeah i bet there is people out there that do revise for over 10 hours a day but they woudln't be telling the whole world on TSR they would be revising
Reply 53
Original post by ppp
Yeah i bet there is people out there that do revise for over 10 hours a day but they woudln't be telling the whole world on TSR they would be revising

You make a really good point! :laugh:
Reply 54
Original post by ppp
Seeing as there is only 24 hours in a day 40 hours seems a bit err..........................................................................IMPOSSIBLE

Read the question again: "How much will you revise in the Easter Holidays?"

It doesn't say "How much will you revise per day during the Easter holidays?" or does it?
Reply 55
Original post by muffingg
Read the question again: "How much will you revise in the Easter Holidays?"

It doesn't say "How much will you revise per day during the Easter holidays?" or does it?

It now does say per day, but this guy was referring to the whole Easter when there was confusion whether the poll options were per day or for the whole Easter.
Reply 56
It now does say per day, but this guy was referring to the whole Easter when there was confusion whether the poll options were per day or for the whole Easter.

oh ok my bad sorry mate
Reply 57
Original post by ppp
oh ok my bad sorry mate

No worries :smile:
I understand the routine part. When I was younger I wasted my life playing this game called Runescape. Over Summer one time I tried to go for one of the hardest goals, 99 Runecrafting, I did 12 hours a day over two weeks. The first few days are horrible but then you get into a swing and it's not too bad.

I regret playing that game but it certainly taught me how to sit down for hours doing the same thing over and over again! :colone:

:lol:

Runecrafting is awful now.
Reply 59
Probably none as whenever I try I just get bored.. Might get about 2-3 hrs over the 2 weeks, but I plan on relaxing and watch F1 - conesecutive race weekends ftw. Its called a holiday for a reason! :smile:

Kudos to those who manage more than 3 hrs a day.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending