The Student Room Group

Want to add him on Facebook, but?

I never add folk on Facebook unless I actually happen to know them, either well enough or because they a a close friend etc.

However, this guy who is extremely shy (yes, tis me from an earlier thread and this is the last time I will post about this!) seems to get v. tongue-tied and just can't speak to me, but I always catch him looking over/sometimes watching me.

I'd be surprised if he hadn't come across my profile because we often hang around in the same group/have several mutual friends; however, my profile is completely private and he wouldn't be able to find anything out about me, should he stumble across it.

I know it's Facebook...but it's often said that people that are shyer find it easier getting to know people via the internet. I may see him next week or it may not be for another 2 months. I don't want to wait around anymore and accept I should've just spoken to him before. Adding him could look v. desperate, yes? Think I have gone mad.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Its only facebook, people randomly add people all the time. It doesn't come across as creepy usually. I'd say do it..
I think, you need one of those:

just do it.

most people never question accepting it if they've got mutual friends. and he actually knows you .. so that's not even an issue
Reply 4
Just add him ffs. No one reads into a facebook friend add because no one can really be ****ed.

And yes, if you are shy (like me) you are more likely hoping for someone else to add you and yes, you are more likely more confident and outgoing and more like yourself on the internet.
Reply 5
...just add him.

What is wrong with you!
Add him.
People add randoms all the time. I do it. we all do it.
Get a grip and just do it, please, for all our sakes.
add him.
Reply 8
Would make it awkward next time I see him though, no?

LET ME TURN THE TABLES: Would you guys do it?
Reply 9
Just do it.
Reply 10
Original post by Noodlepants
Add him.
People add randoms all the time. I do it. we all do it.
Get a grip and just do it, please, for all our sakes.

Ah, but I don't do it!

Do you add randoms much then?
Original post by Anonymous
Ah, but I don't do it!

Do you add randoms much then?

Sometimes, every now and then.
Sometimes randoms add me, it's a not a big deal.
If this guy is shy and you think he likes you then he'll be grateful you put yourself out there.
Facebook :facepalm:
Reply 13
Original post by CookieDoughLove
Facebook :facepalm:

I know, I know...
Reply 14
Original post by Noodlepants
Sometimes, every now and then.
Sometimes randoms add me, it's a not a big deal.
If this guy is shy and you think he likes you then he'll be grateful you put yourself out there.

The last part made me feel a bit more encouraged...my only worry is that because he seems such a private person, he just won't accept.
Reply 15
If you don't do it you'll probably agonize over it even more in the end so just take this small chance and add him!
Reply 16
Yes.
Add him.
Reply 17
Original post by Fumi
If you don't do it you'll probably agonize over it even more in the end so just take this small chance and add him!

Exactly what I'm doing, yup.

I thought about it and decided: if I meet him next time and do get the chance to say hello at least I can say: 'Hey, you're *Insert name*, right?'...whereas, what do I say when I next see him face to face if I add him? 'Hey, I'm that creepy girl that added you on facebook so obvs I already know your name...' :redface:
Original post by Anonymous
Exactly what I'm doing, yup.

I thought about it and decided: if I meet him next time and do get the chance to say hello at least I can say: 'Hey, you're *Insert name*, right?'...whereas, what do I say when I next see him face to face if I add him? 'Hey, I'm that creepy girl that added you on facebook so obvs I already know your name...' :redface:

If you've hung about together before, surely you should know each others names by now?
Reply 19
Original post by TheProdigy2k9
If you've hung about together before, surely you should know each others names by now?

The group we hang around in is huge when we're all out...obviously I know his name having worked it out through knowing several of his close friends plus they talk about him sometimes. Oh, and Facebook suggested I add his sister yesterday...lol.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending