The Student Room Group

I'm gay but hate the LGBT acronym

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Original post by kellymichelle

You are so ignorant.

How much do you know about womens rights over the whole world? With women being beaten by men and nothing being done?
How much do you know about people being shot in the streets by various countries government and nothing being done?
How much do you know about how people of different religions are treated across the world, being killed and such?
How much do you know about innocent civilians being killed by rebels with nothing being done?

Stop thinking your on the high horse trying to 'defend gay rights' when you know **** ALL ABOUT ANY BIGGER ISSUE IN THE WORLD.
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by Hylean
Subs/slaves/bottoms? :p:

Trueeeeeeee :p: but I'd like to think most people would keep that to their private life? Please? :nothing:
Reply 82
LOL. not all of my friends are gay you know.. of course i have straight friends.
because some of the things people say regarding homosexuality is just SO off the mark its funny, and its because of people like this that homophobia will always be around.
people going on about gay people are treated the same as straight people.
in alot of cases, yes they are, but in alot of cases, theyre also not.
do your ****ing research.
what about the people that have been murdered solely for their sexuality?
what about american gay couples who have been turned away from adopting children because of their sexuality.
what about people in uganda who are sentenced to the death penalty for being gay? or the woman who are raped to try n 'cure' them of their homosexuality.
the westboro baptist church???
open your eyes a bit.
its not just about the UK,and thats all anyone is talking about here. the UK. homophobia exists a hell of alot more in other places.
bla bla you can have a civil partnership you can adopt etc. yes, in ENGLAND. not everywhere. and thats why we have pride. and thats why gay people stand up for their rights.

now anyway, you can all feel free to carry on quoting me but id say dont bother cause im getting bored now and im not gonna read anymore, cheers.

No but why are you preaching to us???

Go to Uganda and other countries and make a difference. Trying to make us feel guilty won't do much good. Fact is - we can't make changes in other countries, it is not out time and not our place.

I am not just saying that because I have it good and I was accepted, but gay people in this country had this battle already and they won (mostly anyway). So will the people in other countries, we will help if the fight for gay rights will be close, but we can't force Western ways of thinking on the rest of the world. IT IS NOT OUR PLACE
Reply 83
Original post by Tommyjw
You are so ignorant.

How much do you know about womens rights over the whole world? With women being beaten by men and nothing being done?
How much do you know about people being shot in the streets by various countries government and nothing being done?
How much do you know about how people of different religions are treated across the world, being killed and such?
How much do you know about innocent civilians being killed by rebels with nothing being done?

Stop thinking your on the high horse trying to 'defend gay rights' when you know **** ALL ABOUT ANY BIGGER ISSUE IN THE WORLD.

Bigger issues doesn't suddenly make smaller issues any more morally justifiable. You have to pick your battles, the quoted poster has obviously picked LGBT discrimination.
Reply 84
read my last post. (Y)
nah its not a big deal ANYWHERE is it. open your ****ing eyes.turn on the news you closeminded ****.
people are getting murdered soley for their sexuality but nah its not a big deal ANYWHERE, your right how silly of me.
eurgh people like you :')

thanks for the amusement, bye.

Your an idiot.
CLEARLY to anywhere with common sense it is obvious we were talking about the united kingdom.
Otherwise all the points we raised would be completely irrelevant (adoption laws etc)

Oh btw.
More people are getting murdered for being women
More people are being murdered for being religious
More people are being murdered for being in the wrong area.

How much do you know about this ? huh? You stupid ignorant little **** faced hypocrite.
Original post by Tommyjw
You are so ignorant.

the fact that you class all of those things as 'bigger issues' proves my point exactly. theyre not bigger issues theyre exactly the same.
goodbye.
Original post by Tommyjw
Your an idiot.
CLEARLY to anywhere with common sense it is obvious we were talking about the united kingdom.
Otherwise all the points we raised would be completely irrelevant (adoption laws etc)

Oh btw.
More people are getting murdered for being women
More people are being murdered for being religious
More people are being murdered for being in the wrong area.

How much do you know about this ? huh? You stupid ignorant little **** faced hypocrite.

how do you kno more people are getting murdered for being women? i doubt it.
where's your stats
LOL you are so funny
Reply 87
Original post by Fusilero
Bigger issues doesn't suddenly make smaller issues any more morally justifiable. You have to pick your battles, the quoted poster has obviously picked LGBT discrimination.

Did i say that make it justifiable? No.
When one person is complaining to me that i do not know 'what it's like to be discriminated against' like she has experience everything. What has she experienced? being taunted for being gay at school?. I would rather someone not try to imply that i know nothing about discrimination when they themselfs know nothing about REAL discrimination.
Reply 88
how do you kno more people are getting murdered for being women? i doubt it.
where's your stats
LOL you are so funny

Says the ignorant person who ignores simples facts and sits on your fake high horse when you know nothing.
Examples:
You didn';t even know gay couples could adopt, so exactly how much do you fight for gay rights when you didn't even know that?

You didn't know the reasons gay people couldnt give blood, so you are simply an ignorant ill-informed person .
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by Tommyjw
Did i say that make it justifiable? No.
When one person is complaining to me that i do not know 'what it's like to be discriminated against' like she has experience everything. What has she experienced? being taunted for being gay at school?. I would rather someone not try to imply that i know nothing about discrimination when they themselfs know nothing about REAL discrimination.

please point out where i said you didnt know what discrimination was like.
i said you didnt know what its like to be discriminated against for being gay, so stop changing my words
Original post by Tommyjw
Says the ignorant person who ignores simples facts and sits on your fake high horde when you know nothing.

yes, because you know me.
Original post by Anonymous
This makes sense from a lesbian standpoint because there are so few of you you are extremely unlikely to ever cross paths and fall in love in general society. The people I know in LGBT just infuriate me though. They never shut up about it. A lot of them are absolute fanatics... living in LGBT houses, frequenting every LGBT night, placing all their other non-LGBT friends in a separate 'I cant talk about every last facet of my life with you so you mean less to me' way. It is no different to the highly religious.

I have absolutely no idea what you mean by this. Some straight people live in all-straight houses, go out to straight bars every weekend and assume they can't talk to anyone non-straight about love, sex etc. What's the difference?

And why is it ok for me as a 'lesbian'? (FYI I identify as gay. I never use lesbian.)

Come back and answer all this when you have the balls to not do it under the anon function.
Original post by Tommyjw
Says the ignorant person who ignores simples facts and sits on your fake high horse when you know nothing.
Examples:
You didn';t even know gay couples could adopt, so exactly how much do you fight for gay rights when you didn't even know that?

You didn't know the reasons gay people couldnt give blood, so you are simply an ignorant ill-informed person .

yes i did know that gay couples could adopt HAHAHAHAH you dont even read the posts but try to make your argument valid anyway.
i said its harder for them, not that they couldnt ahahahahahhahaha
Reply 93
yes, because you know me.

I know you didn't know gay men could adopt.
I know you didn't know any simple and obvious reasons they cannot give blood.

Thus, i am questioning just how much you fight for your so called equality? when you lack the most simple knowledge about the area?
Original post by SuperSam_Fantastiche
Then why are atheist heterosexual couples allowed to marry?

You have to show a genuine faith to get married within a church. You must attend a service for a few weeks prior, and pretend you believe at least a bit. Now, of course there are some churches who use it as a money making scheme who aren't that fussed about whether the person believes, but the bible isn't even slightly explicit about not officiating marriages between two non-believers is it? A strand that runs through every single ceremony, and teaching on religious marriage, is that it is between a man and a woman however. The bible does not confer the rights to marry same sex couples on its ministers, and to dupe homosexuals into believing they have God's blessing when you simply don't know or suspect it could even be wrong is a sin. Firstly, it is not loving your neighbour to endorse and say God endorses something that could be a sin. Secondly it is not in the job description.
Reply 95
yes i did know that gay couples could adopt HAHAHAHAH you dont even read the posts but try to make your argument valid anyway.
i said its harder for them, not that they couldnt ahahahahahhahaha

marriage.
also studies have shown in the past that sometimes people are less likely to be employed because of their sexuality.
adoption.
gay men cant give blood.

Just got proved wrong.

and it's not 'harder' you ignorant fool.
Original post by Tommyjw
I know you didn't know gay men could adopt.
I know you didn't know any simple and obvious reasons they cannot give blood.

Thus, i am questioning just how much you fight for your so called equality? when you lack the most simple knowledge about the area?

never said gay men couldnt adopt.
notice how you said men aswel. :')
iv never singled out gay MEN like you just did there...

your argument is crap. pleasse stop talking
Original post by Tommyjw
Just got proved wrong.

and it's not 'harder' you ignorant fool.

how do you know? have you adopted as a gay person?
didnt think so.

and erm it clearly says their "adoption" not "gay people cant adopt"
Reply 98
Original post by SuperSam_Fantastiche
Trueeeeeeee :p: but I'd like to think most people would keep that to their private life? Please? :nothing:

Heh, depends on whether they enjoy public humiliation or not, I guess.

On topic as well, I have to say, I understand the need for the LGBT, despite my dislike of its name. I also think it does a lot more damage than good, much like gay bars and lesbian bars. Don't get me wrong, they exist for a reason and a very valid one, and gay rights is something that need to be fought for and defended so I'm not attacking the ideals or reasoning behind them all. It's just, we separate ourselves into straight on one side, the rest of us on the other. We separate the bars we go to. Obviously this is a huge generalisation and whatnot, but for the people who are the core problem in gay rights, the real homophobes and the ones who call me a fag cause I look better in a skirt than they do, the segregation only fuels their hate. It gives them a reason to think of us as different. It makes us the "other" who can never properly integrate. It also helps fuel a similar mentality in the gay community as well, feeling that "straight" bars (as if such a thing truly exists) are somehow lesser and that "breeders" are to be viewed with contempt.

It bothers me that I've seen some lovely friends go from lovely to talking about "breeders" with a slight sneer. It bothers me that this segregation has changed them. The LGBT is great, it helps people and makes them feel more comfortable, but it also allows for people to hear the worst of the straights and all the stuff people in the LGBT have suffered, which can taint their thoughts.

Then there's the idea of a gay identity, as if bears or queens are the same, or lipsticks and butches are the same. I know too many people who wield "gay" like it's something akin to metalhead, goth, skater, punk, banker, etc. an identity rather than a facet of an identity. This worries me, because I put no emphasis on my sexuality whatsoever and I can't really see myself as accepting an identity based on said sexuality.

Nyah, I don't know, I'm rambling. As much as I dislike the LGBT, I'm thankful for its existence and hope it continues to serve its purpose until it's no longer needed. May that day come soon.
Reply 99
how do you know? have you adopted as a gay person?
didnt think so.

and erm it clearly says their "adoption" not "gay people cant adopt"

Have you?
Don't think so.
Your arguements are full of idiotic fluff, go do some research and try again.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending