The Student Room Group

Housemate's GF moved in.

Anon/delete.

My housemate has basically moved his GF in. We talked to him about it, he assured us she wasn't helping him pay his rent behind our backs (which is incredibly unfair, especially as at the time we split the rent exactly four ways even though he had the best room in the house by far) and she still had her own place to live.

I'm beginning to doubt this because she's still here every frigging night, she's not hogging the kitchen with my housemate anymore (we're en-suite so at least I know she's never used my toothbrush) because my housemate sneaks her in and out of his room like a favourite caged hamster. I've known this for a while now, will I get in trouble with my landlord for not telling him right away? I'm not keen on sticking out my back for my housemate because he's shown me a lot of disrespect in the past and generally has a reputation for being an ******* and a compulsive liar which I unfortunately only found out once I moved in. His GF isn't much better.

Because the utility bills are also included in the rent I know the landlord will be pissed because she washes her clothes/showers/does god-knows-what-else with the amenities here.

/vent TLDR; I want to tell my landlord my housemate is breaking the terms of the contract, will I get into trouble for withholding information this long so should I just leave it? If nothing happens I don't want to wake up one morning and find all my food pissed on etc.
The most important question here is!...

Is she smash worthy?
Reply 2
Just tap that bitch!!
Reply 3
Original post by HARRY PUTAH
The most important question here is!...

Is she smash worthy?

Yeah, if you're into dumb girls who f*ck on the first date then stick with you for free food/nice car/nice house even if you ask her to lie to other people including crying to your other male housemates...
Reply 4
you have 2 options here.

1.tell your landlord

or..

2.smash her back door in.
Reply 5
If this housemate is a friend then don't bother involving your landlord - if he finds out you can always claim it was nothing to do with you and your housemate would be the only one to get in trouble.

If this housemate is just that - a housemate only - and its pissing you off that much, say something.... Honestly, I doubt your landlord would notice cuz they already get premium rent from you guys anyway.
Reply 6
you need to get a life mate. be less stingy.
Original post by Anonymous
Yeah, if you're into dumb girls who f*ck on the first date then stick with you for free food/nice car/nice house even if you ask her to lie to other people including crying to your other male housemates...

If I was to hook a girl into sex on the first date I will not move her in as that is what whipped guys do.

She can sleep over but no way am I going to support her. I guess you wished I was your housemate. :biggrin: I'm more considerate.

And I can clean too!
Reply 8
you clearly don't like your housemate, otherwise you wouldn't grass him up!
Duuudeee chill!
One of my housemates boyfriend lives in our house.
And my other housemates girlfriend pretty much lives here too.
You just got to get used to it :smile:
Reply 10
Original post by hannahsl
you clearly don't like your housemate, otherwise you wouldn't grass him up!

Well he used to take all my ****ing food and tell me he'd compensate me by buying stuff he used himself anyway, and over the incident where we told him to stop bringing his GF round all the time (they were a pain in the arse, they took the kitchen like it was their personal studying space and spent 2hrs cooking every day) he lied to us like we were stupid even if we had solid evidence of what he was saying wasn't true. I wouldn't be surprised if he's made up stuff about me to tell to other people, good job nobody believes a word he says because he's done that to just about everyone...
Reply 11
Well he used to take all my ****ing food and tell me he'd compensate me by buying stuff he used himself anyway, and over the incident where we told him to stop bringing his GF round all the time (they were a pain in the arse, they took the kitchen like it was their personal studying space and spent 2hrs cooking every day) he lied to us like we were stupid even if we had solid evidence of what he was saying wasn't true. I wouldn't be surprised if he's made up stuff about me to tell to other people, good job nobody believes a word he says because he's done that to just about everyone...

ah right fair enough then! but, surely if your rent is X amount per month, then it won't matter (to the landlord) whether there is another person there or not because he doesn't care how you pay it, as long as you do?
Reply 12
Original post by hannahsl
ah right fair enough then! but, surely if your rent is X amount per month, then it won't matter (to the landlord) whether there is another person there or not because he doesn't care how you pay it, as long as you do?

The rent is all inclusive, so the landlord isn't going to be happy if the utility bills are raised as if another person is living here because it will cut into his profits. The oven is on 24/7 because they oven bake all the time to avoid us in the kitchen, LOL. It would be so much easier for them if they were normal and went over to her place instead some of the time.
Reply 13
The rent is all inclusive, so the landlord isn't going to be happy if the utility bills are raised as if another person is living here because it will cut into his profits. The oven is on 24/7 because they oven bake all the time to avoid us in the kitchen, LOL. It would be so much easier for them if they were normal and went over to her place instead some of the time.

Ah i get you now! Hmm, tough situation, but yeah I wouldn't tell the landlord until he comes knocking on your door for more money!
Reply 14
Tell him, get others to as well, sounds like a right *******.
If that affects you tell you flatmate. If he does nothing about it tell you landlord.
If it doesn't affect you just **** to it.
Reply 16
Do the sex noises make you jealous?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending