The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 840
Need some advice pleasee

I''m currently taking Maths Chem Bio and Further Maths

Should I drop Further Maths as most uni's want 3 subjects at A2? Or should I drop FM and take up another AS Level While I'm doing A2!
Reply 841
Original post by t_star
Need some advice pleasee

Should I drop Further Maths as most uni's want 3 subjects at A2? Or should I drop FM and take up another AS Level While I'm doing A2!

I'd drop Further maths ... some universities actually consider maths and further maths as one subject. If you know 3 subjects are enough, why do you want to take up another AS level? i dont see the point :confused:
Reply 842
Hey guys, I started tried to revision last week but it didnt work out :colondollar:, however how is everybody else's revision going, and how many exams have you got in the summer.
Original post by t_star
Need some advice pleasee

If you love maths and feel FM won't affect the others keep it on. Otherwise I'd strongly recommend you just stick with the standard 4 AS's and 3 A2's
Original post by rohitbd
Hey guys, I started tried to revision last week but it didnt work out :colondollar:, however how is everybody else's revision going, and how many exams have you got in the summer.

I've planned revision for Easter onwards for my 6 exams - of which two are retakes, two are Critical thinking (:colonhash:) and the other two are D1 maths and Unit 2 psychology. How many do you have?
so....if you weren't applying for medicine, what would you go for?
(open question)
Damn! OP beat me to it!! :unimpressed: :tongue:

I can't wait! I can only hope I do enough to do well and come out with A grades!!!
Original post by SteveCrain
(open question)

I'd probably read philosophy, although the lack of any specific job direction after finishing the degree doesn't appeal... Hard to spend 3 years contemplating thought itself and then take a desk job :tongue: I guess I'd probably try and go into academia.

I'd probably still be applying to Edinburgh. Cambridge might have been a choice I'd have considered a bit more, though.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 848
Original post by Normandy114
I've planned revision for Easter onwards for my 6 exams - of which two are retakes, two are Critical thinking (:colonhash:) and the other two are D1 maths and Unit 2 psychology. How many do you have?

I have 1 chem 1 bio 2 maths 2 phys so 6 aswell, and yh easter revision sounds good, how much do you plan to do in easter a day?
Original post by cz100
It's just in England. I have to fly since I live in NI :redface:

Ah, makes sense. So where you going to stay during the work exp time? You should totally use it as an excuse to sight see!
(open question)

Economics.

Hopefully get into Oxbridge, LSE, UCL or Warwick, then pursue a job in the city (no, that does not mean investment banking, that means financial managing or consulting).
Reply 851
(open question)

most probably maths, or computer science you?
Original post by Stegosaurus
I'd probably read philosophy, although the lack of any specific job direction after finishing the degree doesn't appeal... Hard to spend 3 years contemplating thought itself and then take a desk job :tongue: I guess I'd probably try and go into academia.

Leeds do a joint honours Chemistry and Philosophy course! :excited: I want it to be my 5th choice but dunno how well a med personal statement would go down. :s-smilie:
I have

Bio Unit 1 retake (got borderline A but should aim for more as easy marks)

Maths C1 C2 retakes (solid As but easy marks)

Maths S1 M1

Bio Unit 2

Chem Unit 1, 2

Economics Unit 1, 2

10 exams in the summer. Horrible
Original post by Straight up G
Economics.

Hopefully get into Oxbridge, LSE, UCL or Warwick, then pursue a job in the city (no, that does not mean investment banking, that means financial managing or consulting).

seems a well furnished idea; why medicine then
Original post by rohitbd
most probably maths, or computer science you?

I've probably wanted to do every course universities offer in the space of a few minutes spent browsing online prospectuses.....but, probably Chemistry. I want to empower myself......:colone:
Reply 856
Original post by Unbiased Opinion
Ah, makes sense. So where you going to stay during the work exp time? You should totally use it as an excuse to sight see!

Hospital accommodation. I don't know any more about it right now so a bit scared and excited too. My first time away from home alone!
Reply 857
I've probably wanted to do every course universities offer in the space of a few minutes spent browsing online prospectuses.....but, probably Chemistry. I want to empower myself......:colone:

haha so what leads you to medicine
Original post by rohitbd
haha so what leads you to medicine

Probably the scope of career options. I may choose not to apply, but in the while I am ticking the boxes. urself?
Original post by oHellno
Ah wow, that's awesome. I was too late, so didn't even get a chance to look at the application form as it was already over subscribed. :erm:

Ahhh :/ i checked the website like every week from November so I could send off an application as soon as they were put up. I'm sure you'll be able to get work-ex somewhere else though :biggrin:

(open question)

If medicine was completely off the table then probably something like Biochem or something similar, although i'd love to do a degree in French (but i'm not taking an a-level in it :frown: )