The Student Room Group

Easiest A-level

Scroll to see replies

Original post by AAJ
Hairdressing can't be hard can it, regardless of it being relative. Seriously.

Is it an A-level?
Original post by Tommyjw
As a person who did both the first two, your wrong.
There were people in my class , particularly in accounting, who after the whole first year (AS) could not understand the basic concepts, and i know for a fact that my school wasn't exactly an outlier for this.

Same with business, some people even at the end of a-level could not write their essays in the necessary way and depth needed for the a-level, or could not fit together terms from different parts of the modules together etc

I might be. That's why I created this thread :smile: !
Do you think accounting could be learnt in few weeks ? and how's the best method?
Reply 42
Original post by Blackberry rocks
English language is not respected by most universities.
English Literature or English Language and Literature are, being the former the most respected.

noooo. in our area.

english language first.

english literature for dumb people.
its well easy. poems and stuff.!

lang is more broad for options
literature is narrow
Original post by DontJudge
noooo. in our area.

english language first.

english literature for dumb people.
its well easy. poems and stuff.!

lang is more broad for options
literature is narrow

Lol. Try again.
Reply 44
Original post by MountainSpring
Lol. Try again.

what u mean try again!!
im saying the right thing..
or else i would of chosen lit and chem!!!
what u mean try again!!
im saying the right thing..
or else i would of chosen lit and chem!!!

How about this : http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=810355
Engl Lit : Good as a 1st choice A-level: Generally Suitable A-levels (view of TRinity College Cambridge)
Eng Lan : Ok as a 3rd A-level: A-levels of More Limited Suitability (view of Trinity College Cambridge
Original post by und
You could probably do Critical Thinking without any preparation, as long as you're fairly clever. There's not much point doing it though...

Everybody I know who says this ended up with less than a C.
Reply 47
How about this : http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=810355
Engl Lit : Good as a 1st choice A-level: Generally Suitable A-levels (view of TRinity College Cambridge)
Eng Lan : Ok as a 3rd A-level: A-levels of More Limited Suitability (view of Trinity College Cambridge

omg really.our school is always like lang is better. are you sure!!!!!
why the hell dint i choose chemistry and lit then!
omg really.our school is always like lang is better. are you sure!!!!!
why the hell dint i choose chemistry and lit then!

The Trinity List is pretty representative of overall views; although it wont make much difference to potential university applications, unless you did Lang, Media Studies and Film Studies.

But yeah, as my original assertion stated, Lit > Lang. I did both for a month, Lit was more interesting/difficult.
Reply 49
The Trinity List is pretty representative of overall views; although it wont make much difference to potential university applications, unless you did Lang, Media Studies and Film Studies.

But yeah, as my original assertion stated, Lit > Lang. I did both for a month, Lit was more interesting/difficult.

omg !!! i hope it aint tru!!! i chose lang cos it better!!!
whats the trinity list btw!!
omg !!! i hope it aint tru!!! i chose lang cos it better!!!
whats the trinity list btw!!

The trinity list is this : http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=810355
It pretty much ranks them, since A-level Math is more respected than Psychology Photography Fine Art
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 51
The trinity list is this : http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=810355
It pretty much ranks them, since A-level Math is more respected than Psychology Photography Fine Art

****tttttttt.
omg.
so hows
psychology. and sociology?
Reply 52
Original post by flume
Apparently R.E., lots of people consider Sociology to be a doss but it's really not as easy as people make it out to be.

If you take Philosophy and Ethics Religious Studies then it's not easy; there's alot of information to learn and some of the concepts are challenging to get your head around if you don't think in that kind of way. Oh, and you have to remember bucket loads of direct quotes, which is highly annoying having to know them word by word.
****tttttttt.
omg.
so hows
psychology. and sociology?

They are good as a 3rd subject. But it's relative to what you want to study and where.
Of course for Oxford is not. But for a psychology degree is good, get my point :smile: ?
Read that post.
(edited 13 years ago)
not english language. all the main subjects science maths english. are knwon to be hard"

I did English language and ended up with 100% in all the exams and half the coursework. I don't say that to brag of my brilliance, but as evidence that it's really not that difficult. You're right in what you say about sciences though; I did biology and it was almost the death of me.
Original post by TheHyacinthGirl
I did English language and ended up with 100% in all the exams and half the coursework. I don't say that to brag of my brilliance, but as evidence that it's really not that difficult. You're right in what you say about sciences though; I did biology and it was almost the death of me.

I did History and ended up with 98%; worked my ass off in politics and got 80%.

Difficulty is subjective.
Reply 56
easiest a level is LAW or MEDIA or Photography or TEXTILES and Business Studies (mildly hard)
Reply 57
How is this stupid? I know that it is relative to the persona, since for some people math is basic reasoning and very easy while for other they have to struggle to understand. But my point was "in a short time".
I could say that :

-EASY TO LEARN IN A SHORT PERIOD OF TIME:
accounting, business studies, communication studies, critical thinking, English language, general studies and many more.

Are you ignoring the fact that there's no definitive answer and never will be?

Some may pick up English in a few weeks, whereas others can take months. Others can get the hang of Chemistry, while others struggle and find it hard to cope.

There is no specific A-Level that is easiest to learn in a short period of time. It's all subjective and depends on the person. If you think that there strictly is a definitive answer for that inane question, then sorry, it is very stupid.
I did History and ended up with 98%; worked my ass off in politics and got 80%.

Difficulty is subjective.

Oh yes, difficulty is definately subjective. I do think though that there are degrees of subjectivity, and that this thread is useful to the extent that we can at least gather opinions and see whether any useful overlaps can be found.
Reply 59
They are good as a 3rd subject. But it's relative to what you want to study and where.
Of course for Oxford is not. But for a psychology degree is good, get my point :smile: ?
Read that post.

hmmm yeah.! i thought psychology is sht subject. people say itscommon sense science. btw what do mean its good for a 3rd subject. how will universities no.. i thought you just choose 3 subs... and they're in no order.

Quick Reply

Latest