The Student Room Group
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London

Accomodation at Imperial

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Zottula

You're bound to end up making friends in halls with people who know how to cook and I'm sure you'll pick it up :smile:.

yay for stealing other peoples food :biggrin:
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London
Reply 261
Original post by LukeSkywalker
yay for stealing other peoples food :biggrin:

Hey that's mean :hmmm:
I haven't ever touched my toaster. I have a long way to go o.o .
Original post by nikita_atikin
Yeah aha, I can be the weird kid who can't speak English and relies on photos to make other people understand stuff. Doesn't help that I'm not white. :ninja:
Oh about the extension socket, I put 'multiple plug thing' into google or something like that, found out it was called an extension socket and then found a picture of it. :lolwut:

You're going to Imperial. No one will be white. :teehee:

Well you can be my wife if you want to :perv: You're only 17 or something aren't you? You'd make a good wife. I'm sure I'd be the man in the relationship. But yeah, I did mean sewing to fix tears in clothes (I'm clumsy) and it is VERY difficult! At age 7, my sister sewed clothes for her Barbies and I was still trying to figure out how to make them move their limbs :frown: I can't sew. So learn to cook and sew plztnx. :biggrin:

:rofl: I'm not sure I want to be turned into a good little Indian housewife. I am 17 (the same age that most of my aunts got married :O )

For a small trouser tear or something, it doesn't look too hard to fix. Just thread the needle, stick it in at one end of the tear and just work your way up (I say this now and will probably fail like anything if I ever try to stitch something).

I'll watch anything as long as it's entertaining :colone:
:lol: Nah, you're not the only one. The sight of anyone working out isn't nice. Sweaty people dripping of sweat and ting. Nein danke!

Haha fair enough, I guess the sight of me working out is pretty funny.

It's kind of cool to watch people work out actually. You'll see people who have been going to the gym for years, and watching them do an alarming number of pull-ups is depressing at first, but it's also very admirable to see what can be achieved through hard work.

Besides, sweat is masculinity in liquid form :cool: (I guess you could say that about another liquid, but that's just gross :puke: )
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by Zottula
Ah well, if you end up living anywhere near me I'll teach ya.

You're bound to end up making friends in halls with people who know how to cook and I'm sure you'll pick it up :smile:.

Got to admit it amazes me how many people make it to their teens not knowing how to cook! Maybe it's because you're all nerds and spend all your time studying instead.

I guess I could blame my mum cos I hardly even get to go in the kitchen and cook because she complains about the mess. But I will admit I'm pretty terrible. For someone doing chemistry, I am surprisingly lax when it comes to measurements, and timings.

But yayyyy cookery lessons. :biggrin: Definitely gonna have to fix the accommodation somehow...

Original post by ViralRiver
I haven't ever touched my toaster. I have a long way to go o.o .

It took me too long how to figure out my own toaster. I hope it's the same model as mine :frown: and the microwave too.
Is it true that all under 18s will be put into single rooms? (like have the highest priority for it)--due to the Children Act or whatever? I'm under 18, so in my first year I must be in a single room right?

also: the halls with the wireless internet: do they also have Ethernet connection available in each room?
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 266
Original post by dwarfwarri
Is it true that all under 18s will be put into single rooms? (like have the highest priority for it)--due to the Children Act or whatever? I'm under 18, so in my first year I must be in a single room right?

also: the halls with the wireless internet: do they also have Ethernet connection available in each room?

I believe I read somewhere saying that there are 100Mbps Ethernet cable connection in the rooms
(edited 13 years ago)
nice
Reply 268
Hi, im a prospective student hu is planning to study physics with theoretical.... how is beit hall as a place to stay? are the noise levels at the beit quadrangle bearable? i happen to like the position due to it being so near blackett laboratory.... the rooms seems nice too.
Slightly worried about choosing Wilson now :< .
Original post by dwarfwarri

That is correct, under 18s cannot share a room with anyone else.
Reply 271

I doubt that the whole situation has anything to do with Wilson.
Original post by xylar
Hi, im a prospective student hu is planning to study physics with theoretical.... how is beit hall as a place to stay? are the noise levels at the beit quadrangle bearable? i happen to like the position due to it being so near blackett laboratory.... the rooms seems nice too.

+ Nice hall, nice rooms, not (quite...) as extortionate as Southside/Eastside
- Can get somewhat noisy on a Weds/Fri evening if your room is facing the quad, but it's certainly bearable

:holmes:
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 273

Why is this? I haven't been keeping up with the conversation :colondollar:
Original post by notepad
Why is this? I haven't been keeping up with the conversation :colondollar:

This first year mech eng lad (living in Wilson) is missing, it's official and stuff. :frown: Poor guy. I really hope they find him soon, apparently he was having a good time at Beit Quad's bar and then 11pm at night he was missing. Genuinely hope they find him safe and alright.
Reply 275
This first year mech eng lad (living in Wilson) is missing, it's official and stuff. :frown: Poor guy. I really hope they find him soon, apparently he was having a good time at Beit Quad's bar and then 11pm at night he was missing. Genuinely hope they find him safe and alright.

Oh, I did hear about this; it's awful :frown: My thoughts are with his friends and family. Yes, I hope they find him safe - I'll be praying.

EDIT: I don't think this should deter anyone from choosing Wilson :s-smilie:
Reply 276
So hang on a sec, I'm going to REALLY embarass myself here but I can only use the sockets on the actual walls yeah?
And I cant use one of these? (Sorry I don't know what they're called :s-smilie: - divider?)

Also, how exactly do you connect to the internet then? How does it work? :s-smilie: In simple terms please, because I kind of suck when it comes to hardware and fixing and stuff. Also, I take it there are dishwashers, washing machines (coin operated, I'm guessing) and tumble dryers around? And do most single rooms have a wash basin in them at least?

Sorry for all the questions and the blatant illiteracy I've managed to produce in this post. :s-smilie:

I don't think anyone pays attention to the sockets rule, I have an extension lead with loads of plug sockets for my pc, sound system etc. Also to connect to the internet you just need to get an ethernet cable and plug in. Simple. It's 100mbit/s too.

Great for downloading movies/tv shows. (Ooops, I didn't say that.) There's a 5GB limit per day tho.
Cyco
XXX

You're an Imperial encyclopedia, and you're used to my bizarre questions so here is another one for you :h:
Erm, do you dudes go shopping together for like groceries and stuff to cook like weekly food shopping? :s-smilie: Sorry if that sounds too weird a question but I was wondering if like people group together to go to Tesco to buy like weekly food. Or is that more of an individual activity?

sunspoon
xxx

Erm, just wondering if Computing 1st years have their own freshers events? :smile:

Erm, do you dudes go shopping together for like groceries and stuff to cook like weekly food shopping? :s-smilie: Sorry if that sounds too weird a question but I was wondering if like people group together to go to Tesco to buy like weekly food. Or is that more of an individual activity?

I've always wondered this too! I don't think I'd cope food shopping for myself, bound to end up forgetting everything I meant to get as soon as I see a shiny offer :colondollar:

How much is the gym entrance? On my interview day our tour guides didn't even realise there was a gym (sums up the Imperial stereotype) :ahee:
Reply 279
Original post by tjmitchell
I've always wondered this too! I don't think I'd cope food shopping for myself, bound to end up forgetting everything I meant to get as soon as I see a shiny offer :colondollar:

How much is the gym entrance? On my interview day our tour guides didn't even realise there was a gym (sums up the Imperial stereotype) :ahee:

The gym is free for all Imperial students but a one-off charge of £25 for a fitness orientation is required :biggrin:. Wooooo free gym!!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending