The Student Room Group

im attractive yet get no girls..

Scroll to see replies

Original post by aeterno
What did you hope to achieve from this post? :holmes:

What did you hope to achieve from posting that?
Reply 21
Original post by Bosch
I'm sure your a good looking bloke, but looks aren't everything, any guy can get any girl, regardless of looks, either your personality is crap, or your just very shy

i think im very shy but how do you change that or improve on it?
You can't know yourself whether or not you are good looking, and you can't trust what your friends and family tell you. You need the opinion of a group of strangers to be sure. Post your picture publicly in this thread and the girls here will let you know.

If you think your REALLY good looking, apply to beautifulpeople.com and you will be rated by professionals.
Reply 23
Original post by wilshere
that was really funny wasn't it, what did you hope to achieve from this post?

cheers!
Reply 24
Looks are not everything. Despite what some people and most of the media would have you believe. You just need to go and meet people, go to places and do things that you enjoy, cycling, swimming, sailing, dancing, football - whatever it is, and just get to meet people. It takes time, but you will meet the right person one day.
Original post by Anonymous
im interested in getting to know girls and having casual sex.

You can't make this sort of stuff up, it's gold!
Reply 26
Original post by dmz
personality can't be good if you've made no friends

Plus how do you know you're attractive? Most people are not mean enough to tell you you're ugly, i lie about that to people all the time

not true making no friends could be due to being shy or lifestyle choices
Reply 27
Original post by Jellybean91
Socials??... if youre as good looking and funny as you say you are you should have no problem. Maybe actually go to uni a bit more... its surprising how easy it is to make friends if you actually go :tongue:

how do you break the ice without coming across as wierd?
To get girls you need to be very outgoing and forward right from the start. Being funny and clever after 5 mins is useless, because it's getting your foot in the door that's the hard bit. I'm similar, pretty good looking and always admired for my wit and charm once I get talking, but I haven't the energy or liveliness to approach girls and make an arse of myself to get everyone's attention.

For men being good looking basically has minimal influence on your success with women. Almost none at all.

If you're **** at breaking the ice then try to get into situations where you have a reason to talk to girls, so you have to and you feel like you can and should. Some girls I've met IRL I was working with - so had to talk to as part of our job - or maybe back at uni when were in groups together and so on.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 29
i think im very shy but how do you change that or improve on it?

You really have to force yourself to talk to people, go to student nights out, have a couple drinks to relax, then chat to people, soon it will all come naturally
Reply 30
not true making no friends could be due to being shy or lifestyle choices

true, whatever you're into, long as it isn't extreme you always end up meeting someone with similar interest and shy people have friends
thanks for the sensible reply, to be honest ive always got this mature and serious face on i rarely ever smile unless im in the company of someone else. making the first move is difficult because i never know what to say.

yeah, mature and serious face is bad, you wanna look more friendly and open
I'm not in university myself, I'm much younger, but nobody would think you're weird if you're just walking to your next lecture or whatever and you decide to walk with one of the people in your class, even if you're just sitting in the library and you see someone from one of your classes just start up a conversation - you have the greatest thing in common since you're both in education at the same place studying the same stuff, so that's a good place to start and then you can progress onto talking about wider things
wow harsh responses... are you comfortable posting a pic on here?
Reply 33
Original post by twist.the.illusion
You can't make this sort of stuff up, it's gold!

At least he's being honest eh.
Reply 34
Original post by gemma_sb
Looks are not everything. Despite what some people and most of the media would have you believe. You just need to go and meet people, go to places and do things that you enjoy, cycling, swimming, sailing, dancing, football - whatever it is, and just get to meet people. It takes time, but you will meet the right person one day.

thnxs
Reply 35
What's the point of being attractive if you can't go up to a girl and start a conversation. Things don't happen by magic mate.
Reply 36
Original post by Refrigerator
yeah, mature and serious face is bad, you wanna look more friendly and open
I'm not in university myself, I'm much younger, but nobody would think you're weird if you're just walking to your next lecture or whatever and you decide to walk with one of the people in your class, even if you're just sitting in the library and you see someone from one of your classes just start up a conversation - you have the greatest thing in common since you're both in education at the same place studying the same stuff, so that's a good place to start and then you can progress onto talking about wider things

very true i think that take guts something ill have to just do but dont you think the person(s) would find it weird that suddenly this quiet and anti-social guy is randomly starting a conversation? i'm in my 3rd year they might think wtf why is he chatting to me now when he usually blanks me.
awww
dont worry
if your attractive you got nothing to worry about
girls probably do like you
but dont say anything
girls are like that
:tongue:
Original post by Kodias
At least he's being honest eh.

I know, but why?

Some of the problems people post on here, I just don't understand what their end game is. Maybe OP is expecting a PM from some girl willing to have 'casual sex' with him, I don't know.

And the people who don't have this sort of 'problem', they're not ACTUALLY going to reply are they?!
Original post by Bosch

Original post by Bosch
You really have to force yourself to talk to people, go to student nights out, have a couple drinks to relax, then chat to people, soon it will all come naturally

true

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending