The Student Room Group

Girlfriend doesn't sleep with me - shall I end it and find somebody else?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by INeedToLoseWeight
Ugh She sounds like one of these silly girls who will do everything buy actual sex to 'preserve their virginty'. They've already done sexual stuff, the innocence is gone!

Some girls think that sex is a much bigger deal than the other stuff, as did I when I was a virgin. It's letting someone actually inside you, possibly causing you a great deal of pain in the process. "Other stuff" is generally restricted to external activity. I don't see why it needs to be a problem, or why it's "silly". Fine, you disagree, but different courses for different horses.
If you see no future, end it. If you're unhappy in the relationship, end it, even if it is something as poor as getting no sex. :no:
Reply 42
Original post by Anonymous
Some girls think that sex is a much bigger deal than the other stuff, as did I when I was a virgin. It's letting someone actually inside you, possibly causing you a great deal of pain in the process. "Other stuff" is generally restricted to external activity. I don't see why it needs to be a problem, or why it's "silly". Fine, you disagree, but different courses for different horses.

:facepalm:

My ex was like that initially, in the end she was riding my d!ck like a jockey :dance:

You'll learn :console:
Reply 43
Original post by ..x Orchid x..
Communication is very essential in any relationship. You two need to sit down and have a serious conversation. She needs to tell you the real reason why she cannot. You need to be stern, you need to get it out.

After that, you two need to discuss your future together. If you both love each other that much, is it possible for you two to get married? If you guys cannot get married, what will you do until the expiry date comes? How long do you two want to be with each other (without sex) or with.. if she decides she wants it.

Those are some questions you must ask, and must discuss with her.

All the best!

She won't tell me :frown: But she will say we will probably do it.

I hate the word probably, don't know whether to have hope or not and it leaves me frustrated :rant:
Original post by DumpOrStay?

She won't tell me :frown: But she will say we will probably do it.

I hate the word probably, don't know whether to have hope or not and it leaves me frustrated :rant:

Make her tell you! Or ask her questions like... do you believe in pre-marital sex?
Is it okay for you to have sex before you get married?
Do you fear getting hurt/ pregnant?

See if you can find some yes/ no questions to reveal what it is.
Reply 45
Yes lol.

Why?

I am Muslim and i know most Muslims keep it until their maraige. She is probably scared to give it up because of the cultral implacations.
Sex is important. If you feel you will never get it ever in your relationship, then you should finish.
Reply 47
Original post by *Dreaming*
If you see no future at all then yeah, it's probably wise to end it. And if she doesn't believe in sex before marriage and you don't feel the same then I don't see how it can work really :s-smilie:

^^^ this. dont feel bad for dumping her for this reason - most guys would stay with her and cheat until she comes round. also as soon as you know there is no long term future i would always say you shold dump them. afte all, life is short and no-one wants to pretend at being mr/ms good enough for now. its a waste of time.
I'm basically in a situation. Been with my girlfriend for a while. There hasn't been any sex. Whenever she says she will one day, it's either because I want to, or it's just something said to make me believe there will.

In my heart of hearts, it feels like she doesn't want to until marriage, but us being different religions and ethnicities, I doubt we will be able to get married. The relationship has gone on for quite some time now.

It's not like I want the relationship to be all about sex, but I want sex to be included. And with her, I doubt it will ever be. At the start of the relationship, sex didn't even cross my mind, but now after so long, I guess it's sort of natural.

Whenever I ask her, she says she can't. Gives me no reason at all, just says she is unable to. I sort of have a feeling she does know why and she's lying about not knowing but that doesn't make a difference, at the end of the day, if she loved me as much as she claimed, she'd atleast be able to tell me the reason, if not have sex itself.

The thing is, I had a 6 and a half year ex before her and we didn't have sex for the first 3 years and then she went on the pill, so it's not unusual for me to wait so long, but even though this relationship is a quarter of that one, I feel like I love this girl so much more. Sex in my last relationship brought so much to it and made us both experience a side of love I had never felt before. I want that to happen in this one too, and though i've experienced some of that even without sex, I want the best of this relationship to come from the inclusion of sex.

So, shall I just end it? Perhaps, for the fact that there isn't going to be a future, as opposed to the no sex? Bit confused atm :frown:

You waited 3 yrs for your ex but you haven't even waited that long for your current gf who you apparently love even more? I really think if you loved her you'd wait..and if you do love her as much as you say you do then you'll regret leaving.

If you think there isn't going to be a future regardless of whether or not you're having sex, then end it, otherwise stay with her.

Either way i hope things work out for you.
Reply 49
Original post by Kiss.Me.Quick
You waited 3 yrs for your ex but you haven't even waited that long for your current gf who you apparently love even more? I really think if you loved her you'd wait..and if you do love her as much as you say you do then you'll regret leaving.

If you think there isn't going to be a future regardless of whether or not you're having sex, then end it, otherwise stay with her.

Either way i hope things work out for you.

Don't you think there's a difference between waiting from 12 to 15, and 18 to 21?

But thanks for the comment and hoping things work out :hugs:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending