The Student Room Group

Do you approach people you fancy? Do you get approached?

Scroll to see replies

i get approached on a regular basis during the day etc. but thats london fo r you i guess..
Reply 21
Im approaching someone the next time I see them. Or probably the time after that cos I would have needed an underwear change.
Bleh, ive got 4 days.
Reply 22
I've been approached before, but have never approached anyone..... Unless you count making conversation with someone I fancied approaching despite the fact they were sat next to me first...
Original post by Miss Behaving
It does sound depressive adn you clearly don't have a lot of self worth. Ever thought about liking yourself regardless of what you think others may think?

I guess, but if that someone is a good friend, then it could ruin the friendship by making things awkward and placing me in a position of weakness.

When did I say I didn't like myself? I do like myself regardless of whatever anyone else thinks, you included. I have no real idea why I even brought this up in the first place, just forget it.
I don't approach people, due to shyness, fear of rejection, making an idiot of myself, etc. and I don't get approached either, I got approached a few weeks back but as soon as we started talking her bus arrived :frown:
Original post by Honey-Monster
Awwww that's sweet. But lol! I mean, why is everyone so scared of the opposite sex these days? Just why? Why are people so scared of starting a conversation with someone they fancy? Lol. What makes people so scared of rejection?

If you have to ask this you haven't had a bad/terrible scenario hit you in the face and ultimately it made you see yourself in a pretty dim light. Granted it is an ego hit to get shot down, most people dont want that to happen due to scare stories, which are very true in some peoples cases.

Groupie girls are really bad for this and they very rarely grow out of it. its like "how dare he try and ask me out!"
Original post by RequiemForADream
Rejection terrifies us all! I say if you like someone you should just go for it, take the chance, because you probably don't really have much to lose. If someone says no to you, it's not your fault, it just wasn't meant to be.

I'm really attracted to a guy that can't speak to me. He can look at me from afar and all that, but speaking...nada, think he's pretty shy. I've tried to say hello when nearby but he finds looking me in the eye quite hard. How weird would it would be to add him on Facebook? We go out in the same group sometimes, but I'm not really sure when I would next see him. Sigh!
No and no.
I do approach people in subtle ways which make it impossible to reject me as it never seemed like I was approaching people in the first place...

This doesn't always work however:rolleyes:
I never ever approach guys, and they rarely approach me. Well, the decent looking, relatively normal ones never approach me, only creepy scary guys, who usually have B.O. :frown:

I never approach cause I'm really scared of rejection :/
Reply 30
The word 'approach' sounds a little bit too much like 'encroach' to me making it sound creepy! But yes if we're talking by the definition I don't mind saying howdy to the nice ladies every now and then!
Reply 31
Approached for relationships/dating or for sex in clubs? I've had both, but not very regularly.

I told a guy I had deep feelings for that I was in love with him....he didn't take it too well and I have no desire to go through anything similar ever again :p:
Original post by Anonymous
I'm really attracted to a guy that can't speak to me. He can look at me from afar and all that, but speaking...nada, think he's pretty shy. I've tried to say hello when nearby but he finds looking me in the eye quite hard. How weird would it would be to add him on Facebook? We go out in the same group sometimes, but I'm not really sure when I would next see him. Sigh!

I say add him! I'm a shy guy and I know I'd appreciate it :smile: You haven't got anything to lose. If he questions the add, which I seriously really doubt he would, just say it was a random fb friend suggestion thing. But really, add him already!
Reply 33
Original post by rachelkeira
I never ever approach guys, and they rarely approach me. Well, the decent looking, relatively normal ones never approach me, only creepy scary guys, who usually have B.O. :frown:

You're at Nottingham Trent Uni right? I'm off there next year, now you're getting me worried! Nothing makes me feel more ill at ease than creepy men with B.O.!
Surely the better men are bold enough to approach you? You should go for one if not and try your luck, who knows you might be a jammy lass :tongue:

So I just signed up to these forums after lurking in the background for a while. Wow, 'tis interesting reading some of these posts!

So anyway onto my question. Whilst it seems like everyone here are frustrated virgins who are scared of rejection...who here actually regularly approaches people they fancy? Please share your experiences with us. Or do you just never bother approaching those you like?

Also...do you ever get approached??

Well with me, i'm extremely shy so it's kinda hard for me to approach someone I'm attracted to to start a conversation. Currently I'm in a relationship right now so it really isn't an issue, but I'm sure if I had to try and approach a girl right now that I would be "interested" in, it wouldn't be easy.

I do get approached though and it's alright, most of the time, depending on the girl, it irritates me when she just says something because I'm attractive and wants something in favor like help with classwork (I'm a student) or some other petty thing.
Not really...

This italian guy asked me out cause he wanted to find out if black girls were as wild in the sack as he have been told. Didnt go well after that one.. lol
sometimes really depends on how i feel and where i am

Most times i've approced is when sober and it takes alot of self talk before i bite the bullet
Had a nice convo with one girl when i foiund out she was going to australia i didn't bother askin for her number though she said she liked chatting to people randomly

Then one girl just said hi and gave her my number she was with her friend and too damn beautiful for me to do anymore she was like awhhh so thats so nice i was just smiling like an idiot and didn't care that all the people on the train had seen me

but nothing has come out of these approches

its hard trying not to sound like and idiot especially when your nervous as **** but as my mate has said theres no harm trying and as long as you aren't a prick/****head you shouldn't get a big fat rejection
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 37
It's not fear of rejection that would prevent me from approaching a girl, if it was just the two of us I would have no problem talking to her. When other people are around it's entirely different, I would be more afraid of what they might think. Also the girl might act differently if there were other people there. Stupid I know :s-smilie:

You've got to be kidding me, judging by your pictures the only guys who would reject you would be ones with severe metal disorders.
Original post by AMorgan26
It's not fear of rejection that would prevent me from approaching a girl, if it was just the two of us I would have no problem talking to her. When other people are around it's entirely different, I would be more afraid of what they might think. Also the girl might act differently if there were other people there. Stupid I know :s-smilie:

You've got to be kidding me, judging by your pictures the only guys who would reject you would be ones with severe metal disorders.

Haha, I wish! Thanks though.
Reply 39
Haha, I wish! Thanks though.

Well I'm hoping to be going to the University of Nottingham in September so if I see you around Nottingham I'll try to chat you up :tongue: Just don't reject me too quickly :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending