The Student Room Group

Does this annoy anyone else?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
I never said he had to open the door for me?:rolleyes:
I meant for him just to wait to see(from his car) if I got in okay.

What, like if you successfully managed to put the key in the door? :lolwut:
I don't see a problem here..
Reply 61
Original post by avalanche101
Like what?

read above
Reply 62
What does it mean if he's stopped texting me? He texted me good morning and I replied back and he said he had to do some type of chore. This was at 11 and it's now almost 6 and he hasn't replied back...:confused:
Reply 63
What does it mean if he's stopped texting me? He texted me good morning and I replied back and he said he had to do some type of chore. This was at 11 and it's now almost 6 and he hasn't replied back...:confused:

he's busy/doesnt want to look too keen?
I think you're being a tad bit oversensitive...
Reply 65
Original post by petitflam
he's busy/doesnt want to look too keen?

Either he doesn't want to look too keen (it's been almost 7 so I doubt that:confused: ) or he's done with me
Jesus Christ, why do women want guys to do everything for them?

It's times like these when I fully support feminism.

(Then again, they only support it when it supports them so I withdraw my statement.)
I don't see anything wrong with what he did :s-smilie: He dropped home isn't that a good thing?
Why does he need to watch you opening the door ? He already knows your safe and you had your key.
Reply 68
Original post by Advanced Subsidiary
Jesus Christ, why do women want guys to do everything for them?

It's times like these when I fully support feminism.

(Then again, they only support it when it supports them so I withdraw my statement.)

What do you mean by that? How do I want him to everything for me? :confused:
Reply 69
Maybe he thought if he stuck around and watched you go in you'd think he was a stalker.... ahhh such minefields in relationships!
Reply 70
How are you going to react when he leaves the toilet seat up? :zomg:
MAYBE he read this thread and realised how annoying you really are...
What do you mean by that? How do I want him to everything for me? :confused:

I withdraw my statement. Soz.
You're making a big deal out of it...
Reply 74
O

M

G
Reply 75
Not the end of the world lol
Last night I went out with This guy for the first time. He found I was into him and he was sort of surprised but he felt the same. Ever since he got my number last Saturday(from my friend), we've been texting every single day. He asked to hang out yesterday so we did. It was kind of weird though. There were a lot of silences but anyways that's not what's bothering me.

When he dropped me off and I was at my front door with my key, he drove off. Shouldn't the guy at least wait for you to get inside or open the door at least? I mean it only takes like a minute so that really annoyed. It reminds me of what my ex used to do and because of that I'm kinda turned off by the guy.

It feels like they don't care or not into you if they're not willing to do that. It's weird and it makes me feel like they think I'm just any other girl like trashy or whatever.

All in all, I got text from him this morning saying good morning...

Am I making a big deal out of this?

What time was it when he dropped you off?
Am I making a big deal out of this?

A little bit. At least, I don't think it's a basis for ending a relationship.
I think it's a nice thing to do, definitely, and if I knew someone who never wanted to know I was home safe I would be worried, but then particularly if he had been smoking the herb he's not necessarily thinking straight is he? On top of the fact that in general on a first date he might've been worried about seeming to come on too strong or something. And once you're at your door with your key you're not really practically in any danger, it's manners rather than genuine concern for your safety.

Maybe if it goes further and you have a few more dates or whatever and it's all good, just mention to him that it's something you like. :smile: It's not necessarily indicative of the things you're associating with your ex. :smile: But all the same, obviously you don't wanna be taken for a mug, so it's good you're asking for advice to try and get some perspective.

I wouldn't want to be driven by someone who was high, I think that's pretty irresponsible but not necessarily a deal breaker.

Oh and if you meant by saying you two smoked together that you were smoking weed, perhaps consider laying off it if you're feeling vulnerable? Only a suggestion, all the best.
Reply 79
Original post by ..x Orchid x..
What time was it when he dropped you off?

It was like 9:50ish so almost 10 at night. Does that change things?
Original post by Rascacielos
A little bit. At least, I don't think it's a basis for ending a relationship.

You're probably right. I just normally over think and analyze every single little thing.

Original post by takethyfacehence
I think it's a nice thing to do, definitely, and if I knew someone who never wanted to know I was home safe I would be worried, but then particularly if he had been smoking the herb he's not necessarily thinking straight is he? On top of the fact that in general on a first date he might've been worried about seeming to come on too strong or something. And once you're at your door with your key you're not really practically in any danger, it's manners rather than genuine concern for your safety.

Maybe if it goes further and you have a few more dates or whatever and it's all good, just mention to him that it's something you like. :smile: It's not necessarily indicative of the things you're associating with your ex. :smile: But all the same, obviously you don't wanna be taken for a mug, so it's good you're asking for advice to try and get some perspective.

I wouldn't want to be driven by someone who was high, I think that's pretty irresponsible but not necessarily a deal breaker.

Oh and if you meant by saying you two smoked together that you were smoking weed, perhaps consider laying off it if you're feeling vulnerable? Only a suggestion, all the best.

You're right. He probably wasn't thinking straight. I also agree with you on the fact that it just shows manners and how considerate you are. I don't really think I'm going to be in any danger..it's just a nice thing to do you know? :smile:

Well me made plans to hang out and smoke so maybe I shouldn't be surprised that he picked me up like that. I thought smoking it would help me relax more as I'm usually an uptight person, quiet, awkwards etc etc :colondollar:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending