The Student Room Group

Why are you so worried about not getting a job?

I read this part of the forum alot, and how people are worried about not having a job, and worried if they will ever get one. You guys are young, you need to relax and be happy. I wrote my thoughts on working and all that jazz.

Slaves of the system

The "economic" world just sees us as numbers, not humans, we are the equivalent to a piece of cow ****, nobody likes it, but it serves a purpose of energy. 99% of us will work menial jobs until were 75 or worse still, like some grandparents today, work until they die. We are the the cogs in the machine, if you break, they just replace you with another drone.

Much like animals used on a farm, we come in do our work, get paid next too nothing, while our masters reap all the rewards and make $billions each year. We go home with our £24k.(19k a year after tax). Once we pay all other taxes, transport costs, rent and food bills, were left with jack ****. This is the perfect system, were enslaved with debt, mortgages, different insurance plans, bills, we basically work to survive.Were so busying surviving, we dont see what is really happening around us. Most of us spend more time at work with people who we dont really know then our own families, when did that happen? They have brainwashed our minds to think about materialism things we dont need, instead we should be tapping into our spiritual souls.

Everyday we get degraded at work, were branded like animals, they give us uniforms with there corporate logos to wear, most of us dont even have the right to wear what we want to work any more, or are restricted within a set of "appropriate clothing" . The people who are so embedded in the system will wear there uniform everywhere so people know they work for so and so, which is quite bemusing really, as they are there bitches. Great system though, when we dont even know this is happening! Were like prostitutes when we go to work each day, we all have pimps, and were scared to upset them in fear of losing our jobs, because how else are we going to pay Mr Vodafone £35 a month for our phone contracts?

What we call the "economic" world works by humans exploiting other humans for profit. Its just a chain, the computer I'm using now was most likely made in China were children are being exploited to produce it, getting paid next to nothing, the same applies for the clothes you are wearing, or the food we eat. Apparently this is called being "successful", and very much encouraged into today's word.

Next step is us, were working in average positions, we have been given just enough common sense to operate the machinery, drive the lorries and do basic administration work. While at the same time dumb enough to passively accept all more ****ty jobs, which we work more hours, get paid less, reduced benefits, and get offered pensions plans that we will never see.

This is not life, the system has be created so you have no life, we work 48weeks of the year, to save up for a holiday to leave this god forsaken place, only to come back and do the same **** again for another 48 weeks?

The worst thing about the system is that people are saying there not enough jobs, and that more need to be created. Its almost as if we like to be somebody else's bitch and work our entire lives for them. Humans who are on the dole or unemployed, are near enough treated as 2nd class citizens, all the people who have jobs look down on them, and think they are better then them make snide comments. The people who are unemployed are under even more pressure to get a job, because they are thinking "what is everyone against me". We are just as much to blame for what we have done to the world.

Work is a silent killer, It brings us stress, we get less hours sleep per night. We sit behind desks and become fat eating there cakes and biscuits while at work. The bottom line were all ****ed regardless, sometime soon there will be a revolution, the more people who are awake means the stronger will become and be able to fight the system

peace
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 1
Right little ray of sunshine aren't you?
Reply 2
There is no work left to do in Britain. No more jobs left because everything is done.
Reply 3
Good for you. Now come collect your benefit payments from the taxpayers funding your lifestyle.
Original post by harvie_316
I read this part of the forum alot, and how people are worried about not having a job, and worried if they will ever get one. You guys are young, you need to relax and be happy. I wrote my thoughts on working and all that jazz.

peace

Made an account just to neg you faggot
Reply 5
Original post by Dekota-XS
There is no work left to do in Britain. No more jobs left because everything is done.

Lies.

People get sick, people need to eat, people need to be told what to wear, things break... must I go on?

If you're referring to Britain's natural resources, then you are wrong again. We've still got coal and we've certainly got plenty of oil shales.
Reply 6
I agree. We are slaves to jobs. But too often that's the only way to live a half decent life. Unless you are very nomadic and do not mind travelling the world and doing part time work to fund this.
Reply 7
Original post by Dogatonic
Good for you. Now come collect your benefit payments from the taxpayers funding your lifestyle.

Thats a bit of a dumb thing to say. For all you know he could be some high flying CEO who is actually funding many aspects of your own life but who has since realised the futility of the system he leads. Realisation isnt confined solely to the segment of the population who seek some sort of spiritual or moral justification for their lazy lifestyle.
Reply 8
Original post by madethisjust2negu
Made an account just to neg you faggot
:frown:
Reply 9
Original post by Dogatonic

Ive never ever collected any sort of benefits though my entire lifetime, but I would if I could.

Original post by Genocidal
I agree. We are slaves to jobs. But too often that's the only way to live a half decent life. Unless you are very nomadic and do not mind travelling the world and doing part time work to fund this.

Yeah I agree, the system is so we are salves, I believe myself that the red Indians had it the right way, living off the land. I think today we have been too brainwashed to even know what is happening.
I can't tell if you think you're onto something deep or read some Marx (which i recommend)

I worry about not getting a job because I have aspirations. Yes, they may have been somewhat imposed upon me by society but that is the reality of ANY organisation. Culturally, rules and norms are established. Anyhow, human beings are competitive creatures so working yourself up the business ladder or whatever channels that need.

You know, there are people like the red Indians who still live off the land- generally they are in poverty and starving, but be my guest if you want to join that life style. The grass is definately not greener on the other side. I would much rather worry about not getting a job than worrying about a drought that will wipe out my season's crops and my meal ticket!
I love my job, and I get paid well for it. If this is slavery, I don't wanna be free!!
Original post by CyclopsRock
I love my job, and I get paid well for it. If this is slavery, I don't wanna be free!!

I'm intrigued... what is the job?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending