The Student Room Group

Why are blondes seen as the sexiest thing ever?

Scroll to see replies

I think it's unfair to say that most men like blondes. Once I left secondary school I started to hear refreshingly that guys find many and varied things attractive. My boyfriend, blonde himself, adores black hair on girls.

We all have our preferences, and we can't always logically control them.
Reply 81
In my country, people say: a picker (a picky person) makes no f**ker. :smile:
Reply 82
I prefer black
I've never heard of a guy saying that they aren't attracted to a good looking girl because of the colour of her hair.
I have heard guys saying that they aren't attracted to a good looking girl because of the length of her hair, but hey ho.
Its all steriotypes.

Personally I have red hair (which I dye with henna) and certainly have had no problem with blokes. I did go blonde for a while - until peroxide decided to develop an allergy to me :tongue: - but I didn't find I got as much attention as I do now. So.. opinion refuted?
Reply 85
Original post by Billa Bong
one name: CHRISTINA HENDRICKS :coma:

I don't see it. Also her boobs are way too big.
Reply 86
This girl ain't blonde - and still one of the hottest babes in the world:

In case someone didn't know who she is -> click.
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by Djordje
This girl ain't blonde - and still one of the hottest babes in the world:

In case someone didn't know who she is -> click.

I love adriana:love:
I prefer redheads/brunettes/black hair to blonde hair, I mean look at these girl, i would turn gay for them:colondollar::

Spoiler

Reply 88
Original post by TheDanishAlmond
Blonde Bombshell
Blonde Nurses (whats up with the whole nurse thing anyway? lol)

Why are blondes considered sooo sexy amongst you guys?

You dumb cow, only in white countries!
the human race as a whole, blondes are seen as slags and easy!
Reply 89
Original post by SK12345
You dumb cow, only in white countries!
the human race as a whole, blondes are seen as slags and easy!

Generalisation, again! O tempora, o mores!
Original post by JakeyShakey
Brunette >Blonde anyday!

quoted for truth!:biggrin:
Reply 91
The psychology studies into this tend to indicate that blonde hair is associated with youth which is sexier to most men (fertility etc).

Many children are born blonde and their hair darkens as they age, a blonde's hair doesn't darken as much and as a result they look younger on average all things equal.

That said, I do some photography too and I can tell you that in women with blonde hair, you see all the lines in their face once they're 40+, black haired women those lines sort of get contrasted out because they are lighter than the mass of hair around their face in a photograph. There are other factors that are more important like their diet, smoking, alcohol etc, but yeah.

Personally I prefer blondes, I like a head-turner and with two equally attractive women, one blonde, one brunette the blonde will turn heads faster - whether this is just because blonde hair is simply more visible from the corner of the eye or whatever I still like the feeling of my chick being more desirable.

Also guys who say they prefer brunettes are typically lying to make a brunette feel better or to pretend they aren't so creepily into a blonde they're talking to. The only time I believe a guy when he says this is if his mother or sisters or something are blonde.
Reply 92
Original post by FailWhale
The psychology studies into this tend to indicate that blonde hair is associated with youth which is sexier to most men (fertility etc).

Many children are born blonde and their hair darkens as they age, a blonde's hair doesn't darken as much and as a result they look younger on average all things equal.

That said, I do some photography too and I can tell you that in women with blonde hair, you see all the lines in their face once they're 40+, black haired women those lines sort of get contrasted out because they are lighter than the mass of hair around their face in a photograph. There are other factors that are more important like their diet, smoking, alcohol etc, but yeah.

Personally I prefer blondes, I like a head-turner and with two equally attractive women, one blonde, one brunette the blonde will turn heads faster - whether this is just because blonde hair is simply more visible from the corner of the eye or whatever I still like the feeling of my chick being more desirable.

Also guys who say they prefer brunettes are typically lying to make a brunette feel better or to pretend they aren't so creepily into a blonde they're talking to. The only time I believe a guy when he says this is if his mother or sisters or something are blonde.

Have we met? :sexface:

There aren't many natural blondes left, which is another reason I think guys generally say they prefer brunettes - they're more readily available! Just coz they can't get the blondes :wink:

Personally, I like being more unique :smile:
Reply 93
Original post by ApplePi

There aren't many natural blondes left, which is another reason I think guys generally say they prefer brunettes - they're more readily available! Just coz they can't get the blondes :wink:

pm pics lol.

yeah that is the other thing, there are a lot of bad dye jobs out there.

favorite tv blonde is betty draper from mad men.

can't go wrong with elisha cuthbert either though
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by ApplePi

...or maybe they like the look of brunettes? :confused:

OP - blondes are sexy, brunettes are sexy, red heads are sexy.
Gotta work with the face
Reply 96

Mad men indeed has some awesome babes - like Christina Hendricks, Betty etc :smile:
Reply 97
pm pics lol.

yeah that is the other thing, there are a lot of bad dye jobs out there.

can't go wrong with elisha cuthbert either though

Ok January Jones is my new girl crush... :love:

Elisha Cuthbert isn't really my type :wink:
They're not generally seen as being significantly more attractive than anyone else, if at all.
No by default anyway. If you're ugly as sin being blonde probably will not help.
I've never heard that before. Because hair colour can define sexiness? Though it's true to say that hair a certain colour can suit someone more like Ashley Tisdale being a brunette or Emma Stone being blonde.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending