The Student Room Group

Big yellow taxi - song lyric sounds like ****ing - Misheard lyrics

I was watching 2 weeks notice last night :ninjagirl: (I know sad) anyway the song "big yellow taxi" was on and I like that song and every time I hear the lyric "put up a parking lot" I always thought he said but up a f u c k ing (spaces because you can't swear on here) lot. lol the same with the pussycat dolls"when I grow up" I always thought she said "I want to be a star I want to have boobies" am I the only one who thought that and is there anyone else who thought a lyric or word sounded like something which it wasn't?

Don't know why I'm getting negged if you don't like the the song geez :emo:
(edited 13 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Cool story, bro.
The pussycat dolls song does have the lyric 'I wanna have boobies'.
Reply 3
I thought that too :ahee:

Until my Biology teacher thought it would be cool to play that in lessons because it related well to one of the topics we were doing :colonhash:
I love it when my sister comes out with misheard lyrics and I'm always like "that doesn't even go in with the context of the song?!"... for example, Big Yellow Taxi is "they paved paradise, and put up a parking lot" but you heard "they paved paradise and but up a f***ing lot" and if you looked back and thought about it, it doesnt make sense. My sister was singing lyrics to Firework the other day and her words didn't make sense at all!
i find guy garvey has fairly poor diction - when he sung "i missed your bad advice" it sounded like "i missed your battered thighs"
Reply 6
I always thought the Macy Grey song said "I wear goggles when you are not near."
Reply 7
Original post by heartskippedabeat
The pussycat dolls song does have the lyric 'I wanna have boobies'.

It's "I wanna have groupies" I believe. :holmes:
Original post by noobynoo
It's "I wanna have groupies" I believe. :holmes:

Really?! Haha sorry, my bad :colondollar:
I always thought it was because it said that on some lyric sites, and I saw them sing it on tv and in that part of the song, the dance move kind of suggested it was boobies haha :tongue:
They're still awful though...
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 9
Original post by moody_bum
I always thought the Macy Grey song said "I wear goggles when you are not near."

:rofl:

I've ran out of rep for today :cry2:
When I was 8 or so, I thought that No Doubt song Don't Speak said 'Don't tell the customers' instead of 'Don't tell me cos it hurts' (I think those are the lyrics?)... I used to rant to myself (loner freak child!) about how those were stupid lyrics and didn't make sense!!! :angry: lol
Reply 11
Original post by heartskippedabeat
Really?! Haha sorry, my bad :colondollar:
I always thought it was because it said that on some lyric site I saw them sing it on tv and in that part of the song, the dance move kind of suggested it was boobies haha :tongue:
They're still awful though...

Maybe they deliberately made that word ambiguous so they could get it past MTV
The only real thing I've misheard is in Mmbop by Hanson (which granted, doesn't have the most advanded lyrics anyway):

'until you're in hell with a donkey' (correct lyrics: 'until you lose your hair, but you don't care')
I thought it said 'I wanna have boobies' as well!
I thought that song by Taio Cruz was 'I throw my hand up in the air sometimes saying - Ayoooo, Galileo!'.

:sigh:.
Reply 15
Here - this site has a few misheard lyrics GIFs...
Was just thinking about this on the train back earlier, I was listening to Babushka by Kate Bush and for years misheard 'to see if he would fall for her incognito' as 'in cockney tones', always wondered why on earth she'd choose to do a cockney accent, out of all the options.
Reply 17
In a newspaper I once read that the lyrics 'He's got such a supple wrist' in Pinball Wizard by The Who are sometimes mistaken for 'He's got suction cups for wrists', loved that.
Original post by ForeverGold
I was watching 2 weeks notice last night :ninjagirl: (I know sad) anyway the song "big yellow taxi" was on and I like that song and every time I hear the lyric "put up a parking lot" I always thought he said but up a f u c k ing (spaces because you can't swear on here) lot. lol the same with the pussycat dolls"when I grow up" I always thought she said "I want to be a star I want to have boobies" am I the only one who thought that and is there anyone else who thought a lyric or word sounded like something which it wasn't?

Don't know why I'm getting negged if you don't like the the song geez :emo:

I always thought the same with big yellow taxi too :colondollar: Bad times.
Original post by ForeverGold

Omg I heard that one too!

my other personal faves-

Sway- Michael Buble. The lyrics say "Other dancers may be on the floor" but I always heard it as "All the dancers may pee on the floor!

Tiger Feer-MUD
The lyrics say "and that's neat ,that's neat,that's neat ,that's neat,I really love your tiger feet"

now...don't laugh, but I always thought it said

"let's eat,let's eat,let's eat,let's eat, let's eat tiger feet." :colondollar:

Quick Reply

Latest