The Student Room Group

Can i get C+ in 2 months?

Hey,

In short, it turns out i need an extra AS level subject with grade of D and above (B and above wouldnt hurt at all). I also have time till end of may or early June till the exams come.

I was thinking is psychology easy enough to self study and get a good grade?

About myself, i have maths and physics with perdicted grades of 'A' and ICT which i already have A results for AS. My IGCSE's are all around A and B (also took geography and got A). So im not bad a studying.

It'll really help me out if you guys could tell me abit more about psychology as an AS level subject to study (for the first time) in 2 months ish.

-Arian
Reply 1
no one can help me here?
Reply 2
Original post by arianabedi
Hey,

In short, it turns out i need an extra AS level subject with grade of D and above (B and above wouldnt hurt at all). I also have time till end of may or early June till the exams come.

About myself, i have maths and physics with perdicted grades of 'A' and ICT which i already have A results for AS. My IGCSE's are all around A and B (also took geography and got A). So im not bad a studying.

It'll really help me out if you guys could tell me abit more about psychology as an AS level subject to study (for the first time) in 2 months ish.

-Arian

Dont do psychology, do Further Maths. The AS modules are really easy (do S1,D1,Fp1 and you can probably get a C in them in under 2 weeks studying)
Reply 3
Original post by freefrag
Dont do psychology, do Further Maths. The AS modules are really easy (do S1,D1,Fp1 and you can probably get a C in them in under 2 weeks studying)

Orly? i already do S1 for my AS math but i have studied all of M1 myself, however FP1 didnt seem as easy as i though, time consuming as well.

Why not psychology?

I know this isnt english forum but what about english language?
Hey,

-Arian

What grade did you get in the end? I've probably asked this millions of times on various threads lol.
Reply 5
Original post by Cherry82
What grade did you get in the end? I've probably asked this millions of times on various threads lol.

You're 4 years late to that post lol. That was posted in 2011, we're now in 2015.
Original post by Async
You're 4 years late to that post lol. That was posted in 2011, we're now in 2015.

Haha, yea I know lol. Don't judge me, I'm desperate for a response or a reason to why I shouldn't give up though I know I'm screwed. I'm intrigued, it would be still great to know what they got.
Reply 7
Haha, yea I know lol. Don't judge me, I'm desperate for a response or a reason to why I shouldn't give up though I know I'm screwed. I'm intrigued, it would be still great to know what they got.

It's never too late, it all depends on the mentality you have. Sacrafise 3 months on INTENSE WORK to achieve something great. Have a look at
http://www.loopa.co.uk

I bought 2 of his ebooks,and I find them to be great help. It shows model A* essays, he explains how he achieve two As with only two months of revision and was a self taught student. The key is to practice essays and memorize them. So when exams come up you can just regurgitate the A* essays you had practice. Honestly, try it, its worth the try. Don't give up though.
Original post by Async
It's never too late, it all depends on the mentality you have. Sacrafise 3 months on INTENSE WORK to achieve something great. Have a look at
http://www.loopa.co.uk

I bought 2 of his ebooks,and I find them to be great help. It shows model A* essays, he explains how he achieve two As with only two months of revision and was a self taught student. The key is to practice essays and memorize them. So when exams come up you can just regurgitate the A* essays you had practice. Honestly, try it, its worth the try. Don't give up though.

Really, I know nothing though. Just when I thought I would at least get a B grade in the mocks, I received U grades. Sigh, the sad bit is that I did study but maybe I needed to do more as I only used one hour a day to study all subjects. Oh yea, I'v heard about him. I don't do psychology though so could this still be of any help? I am currently taking maths, English, Physics and Chemistry.
Reply 9
Really, I know nothing though. Just when I thought I would at least get a B grade in the mocks, I received U grades. Sigh, the sad bit is that I did study but maybe I needed to do more as I only used one hour a day to study all subjects. Oh yea, I'v heard about him. I don't do psychology though so could this still be of any help? I am currently taking maths, English, Physics and Chemistry.

Sorry I do not do any of those courses, I wish I could help.
Original post by Async
Sorry I do not do any of those courses, I wish I could help.

It's ok, thank you though. Really appreciate you trying to help me :smile:
Reply 11
Hey,

-Arian

I don't know if I'd recommend Psychology, it's not exactly hard but you have to memorise a lot of case studies.

Perhaps Critical Thinking - there are certain terms you need to learn but a lot of it is common sense, if you're clever enough it would be hard to outright fail it. Obviously it depends what you're going for at uni though as science based courses don't always accept it.

Edit - I've just seen when this is from lol I'm so confused about it being on Latest Discussions
(edited 9 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending