The Student Room Group

bias in the media: far left extremists and communists trash london.....again

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Mr Disco
You really do not have to be particularly left wing to consider Tories "scum". Just possess any character trait other than greed.

And to answer your wider point, because that is not what the demonstrations were about. Some of the people on them may have been sporting communist regalia, but the march was not about them, it was about unnecessary cuts to our most valued services for ideological reasons by a government without a mandate to implement them.

Please explain the basis upon which you claim the cuts are "unnecessary". Are ALL cuts unnecessary? Just cuts to education and health?

Do you genuinely support the huge, HUGE growth in the public sector during the last decade, even though there was no real concurrent improvement in public services?
Reply 21
Original post by HistoryRepeating
Please explain the basis upon which you claim the cuts are "unnecessary". Are ALL cuts unnecessary? Just cuts to education and health?

Do you genuinely support the huge, HUGE growth in the public sector during the last decade, even though there was no real concurrent improvement in public services?

Cuts to education, health and the police forces are all entirely unnecessary.

Yes I do. Now you need to explain why you think "there was no real concurrent improvement in public services" when all evidence tells us there was.
Cuts to education, health and the police forces are all entirely unnecessary.

Yes I do. Now you need to explain why you think "there was no real concurrent improvement in public services" when all evidence tells us there was.

cite said evidence please?
Original post by garethDT
The elite undermine all opposition by getting the people to fight amongst themselves.

What elite? What are you on about.
Reply 24
Original post by imperial maniac
What elite? What are you on about.

The billionaires who cheat on their taxes and own half the government and almost all the media. Just because we don't have to bow and address them as 'sir' doesn't mean they aren't still an elite.
Original post by JacobW
The billionaires who cheat on their taxes and own half the government and almost all the media. Just because we don't have to bow and address them as 'sir' doesn't mean they aren't still an elite.

Well, that's capitalism for ya.
Reply 26
Everything the media does just bigs up right wing and capitalism, so don't bloody complain!
The BBC were all over the far left/anarchist aspect of the protest from all the coverage I was watching. Not really sure what you're on about.
Original post by humanrights
so why no mention of the 'far left' or 'communism' in the mainstream media?

the communist flags were flying everywhere during the recent protests in london.....

the violent rioters sprayed far left slogans like 'tory scum' on buildings.......

so, why is the british media so partisan?

You don't have to be a commie or far left to think the tories are scum, just fyi.
Reply 29
Original post by HistoryRepeating
cite said evidence please?

The original assertion was yours. So you show me the statistics to say that there hasn't been any improvements in public services.

Because your assertion, if it isn't based in statistics, is meaningless.
Reply 30
Original post by ikoghoo
The march was in protest to cuts, organised by the unions and public sector workers. These people aren't lazy, lay-about lefties, hard working people, feeling hard done by.
These so called communists just tagged along because it's an excuse to behave like an animal.

A lot of trade unionists are workshy, lay-about lefties. Particularly in the public service unions, where these people are generally expecting a job not because they're particularly useful to the country, but because the feel the state owes them a living.

Anyway, regardless of who organises these things, they can generally expect the same rag-tag bunch of perennially "concerned" far-left types to appear. Half the time, I suspect they barely know what they're protesting about - and simply oppose for opposition's sake.
Reply 31
You really do not have to be particularly left wing to consider Tories "scum". Just possess any character trait other than greed.

And to answer your wider point, because that is not what the demonstrations were about. Some of the people on them may have been sporting communist regalia, but the march was not about them, it was about unnecessary cuts to our most valued services for ideological reasons by a government without a mandate to implement them.

I think we've found a far-left type!

Either that or you're just generally irrational. I'm not sure which.
Reply 32
Original post by ForeverIsMyName
The BBC were all over the far left/anarchist aspect of the protest from all the coverage I was watching. Not really sure what you're on about.

Wonder why Anarchists were there. Surely they'd support the cutting back of the state?
Reply 33
Original post by L i b
I think we've found a far-left type!

Either that or you're just generally irrational. I'm not sure which.

If being a paying member of the Labour party makes me "far-left", then yes

(It doesn't, but you don't strike me as the type to let facts influence your judgement)

Which bit of my statement makes me irrational?

My dislike of a Conservative government?

The fact that I do not consider them to have a mandate to implement ideological cuts?

Or that my political views are not identical to your own?
Reply 34

(It doesn't, but you don't strike me as the type to let facts influence your judgement)

Which bit of my statement makes me irrational?

My dislike of a Conservative government?

The fact that I do not consider them to have a mandate to implement ideological cuts?

Or that my political views are not identical to your own?

Well they were voted for. The Lib Dems were voted for. They came together so they have a mandate and much more than a Lib/Lab coalition would.
Reply 35
Original post by Aj12
Well they were voted for. The Lib Dems were voted for. They came together so they have a mandate and much more than a Lib/Lab coalition would.

That, is a non sequitur.

Just because a Lib/Lab coalition would have lacked a mandate (and in fact a serviceable parliamentary majority) doesn't necessarily mean that a Lib/Con coalition possess one.

Had the Lib manifesto and Tory manifesto converged even slightly on the issue of large scale cuts to public services then there might have been an argument to be made.

But they didn't and there isn't.
Reply 36

Nope, being far-left makes you far-left. There are plenty of moderates in the Labour Party.

Yes, this.
Reply 37
Original post by humanrights
so why no mention of the 'far left' or 'communism' in the mainstream media?

the communist flags were flying everywhere during the recent protests in london.....

the violent rioters sprayed far left slogans like 'tory scum' on buildings.......

so, why is the british media so partisan?

Because unfortunately, us moderates are in the minority.
Being a moderate pragmatist they would consider me to be a far right extremist.

Them - are the majority. Them are chavs, and sons and daughter of chavs. Them are left wing communist ****ers.
Reply 38
Original post by L i b

Yes, this.

Clearly you are not capable of rational political debate

So on that basis:

**** you, you ignorant fascist.
Reply 39
Original post by Fusilero
Wonder why Anarchists were there. Surely they'd support the cutting back of the state?

Haha, never thought of that - evidently they didn't either.

stupid anarchists

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending