The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by kopite493
if amy pond dies im never watching doctor who again :frown:

I said that when David Tennant regenerated. Matt Smith could never make Doctor Who as good as Tennant did. Guess I was proved wrong. :tongue:

I agree, Amy Pond is a great companion. Saying that, I really liked Martha Jones too and had a hissy fit when they announced Catherine Tate, but grew to like her in the end as well.
Original post by loonyplatypus
I thought two and five were the strongest, and three the weakest (Martha :angry:)

This. So much. I thought Donna was funny, it was nice to have a companion where there wasn't any romance with the Doctor! With Rose it was okay since he loved her back (although they ruined it when they brought her back and gave her the second Doctor :mad:) but Martha was just moping around after him the whole time. Plus she seemed really thick - I didn't believe she was a doctor for a minute, Rose worked in a shop and still had more common sense than her!

:zomg:

Spoiler

That's intriguing. It can't be the Doctor, it can't be Amy because she's been confirmed for the next few series, it can't really be Rory again because that would be stupid, so it has to be River. Although I highly doubted that as well! Oh God!

I'm interested: why have they all got tally charts on their arms?
Amy Pond is a **** companion, though that can change I never cared about her in the last series.
Original post by Colonel.
Amy Pond is a **** companion, though that can change I never cared about her in the last series.

I don't think she's ****, but there's something about her that annoys me a bit... but without Amy there would be no Rory, so I put up with her :p:
Reply 7264

Sort of agreed on that point. It was basically a show about a really annoying companion who the Doctor happened to be following last season.

But she is :sexface:
Reply 7265
Rose Tyler still has my vote for the best companion, the others just dont have the same connection with the Dr
It obviously can't be River, right? She died in the library episode? I'm guessing it's the Doctor but in a roundabout way ie they/we think he dies but he's actually held somewhere as prisoner or perhaps even Amy but can't be Rory again?

But it also says one of them dies in the series opener ie in the first episode? So I'm guessing whoever it is comes back again at some point so either River or Amy regenerates into Idris but that doesn't seem likely.
Reply 7267
Original post by Rascacielos

That's intriguing. It can't be the Doctor, it can't be Amy because she's been confirmed for the next few series, it can't really be Rory again because that would be stupid, so it has to be River. Although I highly doubted that as well! Oh God!

I'm interested: why have they all got tally charts on their arms?

Can't be River either because we've already seen her death.
Original post by Aula
Can't be River either because we've already seen her death.

...We have? Is this a spoiler, or something I've just blindly missed? :s-smilie:
Reply 7269

...We have? Is this a spoiler, or something I've just blindly missed? :s-smilie:

In the library? First time the doctor meets her.
Original post by sleekchic
It obviously can't be River, right? She died in the library episode? I'm guessing it's the Doctor but in a roundabout way ie they/we think he dies but he's actually held somewhere as prisoner or perhaps even Amy but can't be Rory again?

But it also says one of them dies in the series opener ie in the first episode? So I'm guessing whoever it is comes back again at some point so either River or Amy regenerates into Idris but that doesn't seem likely.

Maybe Amy is River? That'd be a bit weird but possible, I guess.

Oh, I'm so intrigued! I can't wait another 19 days!
Original post by Aula
In the library? First time the doctor meets her.

Oh yes. Duh. :rolleyes:
I swear the number of people posting here has increased dramatically.

Original post by aaran-j
This month's DWM covers:

WARNING: THEY ARE VERY SPOILERISH

Spoiler

Original post by loonyplatypus

:zomg:

Spoiler

Original post by sleekchic

Since the 4 main, current iterations of the characters can't die for obvious reasons. I'm guessing it's

Either

Spoiler

or

Spoiler

My theories, will see if they are right. :holmes:

He's emphasising that a character will properly die. But you have to take into account that he's extremely good at misdirection.
Original post by Ape Gone Insane
I swear the number of people posting here has increased dramatically.

Since the 4 main, current iterations of the characters can't die for obvious reasons. I'm guessing it's

Either

Spoiler

or

Spoiler

My theories, will see if they are right. :holmes:

He's emphasising that a character will properly die. But you have to take into account that he's extremely good at misdirection.

I am a n00b to this thread, although I posted a few times last season :colondollar:

Spoiler

On a lighter note, Stetsons are cool :biggrin:

The Library episode, remember? Vashta Narada? Flesh eating shadows? Anything....?

--- oh sorry saw the replies - twas a good episode though!!
(edited 13 years ago)
It's going to be River killing the best man she's ever known.

So yno...rule out women. Probably.

EDIT: And there are previews tonight for media and competition winners and people who sneak in or whatever, so prepare for spoilers all over the internet tonight.
(edited 13 years ago)
Yeah, none of them will die permanently because they're all present for the rest of the series :| Unless it's some timey wimey nonsense.
Original post by Evangelica
The Library episode, remember? Vashta Narada? Flesh eating shadows? Anything....?

--- oh sorry saw the replies - twas a good episode though!!

Yes, it was. I seem to remember is scared the hell out of me for a while though!

EDIT: And there are previews tonight for media and competition winners and people who sneak in or whatever, so prepare for spoilers all over the internet tonight.

I noticed that the emphasis was on 'man', and the Doctor isn't really a man. So I'm thinking Rory. He did stay with Amy in the Pandorica for thousands of years, which I'd say constitutes being one of the best men you can know. Might be wrong, probably am!

But it's not just River.

It looks like Amy also shoots someone.

Either way, not long now before we find out everything, well until the mid-series cliffhanger.

Latest