The Student Room Group

The most easiest med school?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Dont worry your never getting into medical school anyway. Annoying username, and "the most easiest"?... That is both grammatically retarded, and tells me your not particularly ambitious. My bet is your an asian as well.

Have a fun life...
Reply 41
Original post by MedicSoon!

Original post by MedicSoon!
Leicester? i dont think i have a good chance with them as they want good set of A*! :frown: and i got my As in maths and english literature!

No they don't, on the website it says if you get no A*s and predicted AAA you get 8/10 for academics.
you're marked out of 10 for UKCAT, personal statement, academics and reference and you need 34/40 overall, so basically if you get a good UKCAT lowest section like 650 and a good PS and reference you'll get in regardless of GCSE's.
Reply 42
Original post by BackDoorEntry

Original post by BackDoorEntry
Well im not applying for medicine, but some of the people who got interviews and offers for medicine at sheffield at my school didn't have spectacular gcse's.. and kings use the UKCAT so heavily its almost abusing it.

So obviously if you have no voluntary work/experience/extra curricular and all that, you won't have a shot. But I'm pretty sure if the OP is applying for medicine they will have the above.

My friend got in kings with like 605 or something but then again she got 11A*s so it doesn't fully matter about UKCAT.
Reply 43
First of all, the most easiest med school? Honestly...

Second, none are 'easier'. You need to find where you think you are most likely to get an offer, based on your GCSE's, how well you can write a personal statement, you predicted grades, your UKCAT score etc etc.
Reply 44
Original post by twelve
First of all, the most easiest med school? Honestly...

Second, none are 'easier'. You need to find where you think you are most likely to get an offer, based on your GCSE's, how well you can write a personal statement, you predicted grades, your UKCAT score etc etc.

Gosh im aware theres not an easier medschool and how competitive everything is! i was just wondering where may be more leniante to bad GCSE grades thats all. thanks anyway:smile:
Reply 45
Original post by shaz111
Dont worry your never getting into medical school anyway. Annoying username, and "the most easiest"?... That is both grammatically retarded, and tells me your not particularly ambitious. My bet is your an asian as well.

Have a fun life...

LOOL
you wrong in every point you have just mentioned above, have a fun life too
You need to be able to write in English before they accept you into a UK med school, just a hint.

eta: Negged because the truth hurts?
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by hassi94

Bristol
Leeds
Leicester
Sheffield
Cardiff.

Disagree.

Come back when you've read more about how med school admissions work.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 48
Original post by hassi94
Most med schools won't take your GCSEs into account too much as long as you do well in AS and are predicted high grades for A2.

Some of the easiest ones will be Bristol, Keele, Leeds, Leicester, Liverpool, Sheffield, UEA, Aberdeen, Glasgow, St Andrews and Cardiff.

I base this off the fact they only had requirements of AAB last year rather than the then-standard AAA.

EDIT: And don't Neg. me just because you go to one of these Unis. I'm basing that list off of a 2 minute look in a book and comparing them by one factor only. It is by no means definitive in any way - but I thought I'd add SOMETHING other than the people saying 'there is no easy one' because he's already stated he knows that!

They're negging you because you told untruths. You say that most med schools don't take GCSEs into account, which isn't true. You then mention certain schools as being 'easiest' based on the A-level requirements, which is simply not an indicator of difficulty of entry. What makes it most laughable is that, after saying most med schools don't take GCSEs into account, you then mention a handful of med schools that include those with above average GCSE requirements as being 'easiest' (what they say is their minimum is not the same as their actual cutoffs).
Reply 49
Original post by No Future
You need to be able to write in English before they accept you into a UK med school, just a hint.

Pray tell me what language he is writing in?
Original post by SteveCrain
Pray tell me what language he is writing in?

'Most easiest' isn't standard English.

Hope that helps. :smile:
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 51

but it is English nonetheless? I think you're the one who needs to question med school if you cannot understand the desired meaning of "most easiest".
but it is English nonetheless? I think you're the one who needs to question med school if you cannot understand the desired meaning of "most easiest".

:s-smilie: Of course I know what it means, I was just giving the OP a tip. If they wrote like that in their PS, for example, it certainly wouldn't help them.

I should reconsider med school because I pointed out some bad grammar? Lol wtf?

You need to chill out, dude.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 53

Beat me to it!
Reply 54

He's the resident pseudo-intellectual year 10 who gets kicks out of using a thesaurus to write his posts and by correcting people.
Original post by Beska
He's the resident pseudo-intellectual year 10 who gets kicks out of using a thesaurus to write his posts and by correcting people.

Don't you mean "in-correcting" other people? :wink:

In that, his corrections are incorrect?
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 56
:s-smilie: Of course I know what it means, I was just giving the OP a tip. If they wrote like that in their PS, for example, it certainly wouldn't help them.

I should reconsider med school because I pointed out some bad grammar? Lol wtf?

I am chilled.
You weren't trying to help, but score superiority points, suggesting perfect grammar is some innate and important function.
Reply 57
Don't you mean "in-correcting" other people? :wink:

In that, his corrections are incorrect?

Ha! Indeed. He's irked me ever since he argued that the UKCAT is easy with the implication that it's not difficult to get a high mark. :rolleyes:
I am chilled.
You weren't trying to help, but score superiority points, suggesting perfect grammar is some innate and important function.

It was a helpful tip to the OP. Bad grammar doesn't make your application look good.

Basic grammar is an innate and important part of written English.

What is your point?
Original post by Beska
Ha! Indeed. He's irked me ever since he argued that the UKCAT is easy with the implication that it's not difficult to get a high mark. :rolleyes:

I feel bad that I defended him in that thread now.

He's irked me ever since he thought Chinese and Japanese people were essentially the same.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending