The Student Room Group

Is this married man interested in me? Help

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
No that is not the only thing stopping me. I would never meet a guy from a dating website for sex, and I don't know if he's even physically attractive as I've never seen a proper pic of him. I haven't deleted him because the guy says it in a jokey way, I don't now whether it's serious. He says he would never cheat on his wife at other times and I'd never cheat or have sex with someone so old.

Good to know. You should delete him. I hope you meant to say you wouldn't cheat. Not cheat with someone so old.
Reply 21
No that is not the only thing stopping me. I would never meet a guy from a dating website for sex, and I don't know if he's even physically attractive as I've never seen a proper pic of him. I haven't deleted him because the guy says it in a jokey way, I don't now whether it's serious. He says he would never cheat on his wife at other times and I'd never cheat or have sex with someone so old.

There are the things you say and the things you do.
Reply 22
Original post by Rancorous
Good to know. You should delete him. I hope you meant to say you wouldn't cheat. Not cheat with someone so old.

I said I wouldn't cheat OR have sex with someone so old, meaning I wouldn't do either. (not that 30s is old, I just wouldn't have sex with someone that was a lot older than me.)
Reply 23
Original post by GAguy
There are the things you say and the things you do.

Well I have never done anything like that either.
Reply 24
he's a guy on the Internet. he's married. keeps asking you to go meet at a hotel of all places
he obviously thinks hes pulled. isn't it obvious you should just stop speaking to him :s
Reply 25
Original post by hanaalou
he's a guy on the Internet. he's married. keeps asking you to go meet at a hotel of all places
he obviously thinks hes pulled. isn't it obvious you should just stop speaking to him :s

Yes it is but I'm paranoid that he might tell my bf certain things I've said....not that he knows him but he could use my email address and look me up on facebook or something....
Reply 26
Well I have never done anything like that either.

Actually I meant him. He says he wouldn't cheat on his wife. But if he were to plan to cheat on his wife with you he would still say he wouldn't, wouldn't he?
Reply 27
Original post by GAguy
Actually I meant him. He says he wouldn't cheat on his wife. But if he were to plan to cheat on his wife with you he would still say he wouldn't, wouldn't he?

True, I guess you have a point there....
Reply 28
Yes it is but I'm paranoid that he might tell my bf certain things I've said....not that he knows him but he could use my email address and look me up on facebook or something....

ohhhh :/ change your email on facebook?I think you can change settings or something so it's reallyreally difficult to search you so might be worth a look :smile:
sounds SO creepy he saw you in the station. are you sure he's really who he says he is? :/
Reply 29
Original post by hanaalou
ohhhh :/ change your email on facebook?I think you can change settings or something so it's reallyreally difficult to search you so might be worth a look :smile:
sounds SO creepy he saw you in the station. are you sure he's really who he says he is? :/

Well I don't know, I've never seen a proper pic of him so although he saw me I wouldn't have known him from Adam....I found it creepy how he recognised me as he'd only seen a small and very old pic...
He's interested in the contents of your granny pants. That's it.
Reply 31
Well I don't know, I've never seen a proper pic of him so although he saw me I wouldn't have known him from Adam....I found it creepy how he recognised me as he'd only seen a small and very old pic...

yeah that is weird!!it's just odd he suggests meeting at a hotel but hasn't even shown you who he is :s
just try keep conversation to a minimum :smile: and it'll hopefully just fizzle out
Reply 32
Cut contact now. You might not realise it now but objectively, he does not seem like someone who's 'just on a dating site for a chat'. It's a good tactic to make you think he's a decent guy and it's obviously working on you.
Reply 33
when does this kind of thing ever end well?

this might be hard for you to hear, but middle aged married men do not go on dating websites in order to find teenage girls to befriend and leave it at that, they just don't. he shouldn't even be saying things to you about hotels and meeting up in a jokey way considering the circumstances.

to answer your question, yes he does seem interested in you..which is why you have to be responsible and stop contacting him!
Reply 34
I think he's the ONE. Go marry him.
Are you kidding, you'll get raped - that's the less scary consequence. What if he's a serial killer?
Dating websites are dangerous, kiddo.
Reply 35
Are you really scared that he will track down your boyfriend? If you want to get rid of this creepy older man, tell him you lied about your age, and that you're 13 years old. And that you are really a boy. Chances are, you will never hear from him again- and if you do, threaten to go to the police.

Quick Reply

Latest