The Student Room Group

Any Pukhtuns/Pashtuns/Pathans here?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Pukhtun
You can be from Afghanistan or Pakistan or India of the UK or anywhere as long as you consider yourself as a Pukhtun.

I'm from various parts of the UK, can I consider myself a Pukhtun?

I watched 'Carry on Up the Khyber' if that counts for anything...:colondollar:
Reply 21
Original post by Harrifer
I'm from various parts of the UK, can I consider myself a Pukhtun?

I watched 'Carry on Up the Khyber' if that counts for anything...:colondollar:

Whilst watching Carry on up the Khyber is near undeniable proof of your 'Pukhtun-ness' do you have anything else to qualify yourself as a Pukhtun?

Do you speak Pakhto or share the same culture as Pukthuns or are any of your relatives Pukthun? If not then please do not feel excluded from the thread :smile:

Although whilst it is obviously grossly historically innacurate the ending of the film is admittedly pretty funny where they lift up their kilts haha
I am some what of a pukhtun without a clue about pashto langauge. Born in Saudi Arabia I must admit I love the values the actual pakhtunwali has to give. We are valiant warriors but the existence of talibanization brought down misery to us, not to mention the extremism that followed and the whole soviet issue.

All I know about pashto is that any word ends with a Za za :P

Proud to be one though I have never been to the land of my ancestors ;p
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 23
Original post by ibysaiyan
I am some what of a pukhtun without a clue about pashto langauge. Born in Saudi Arabia I must admit I love the values the actual pakhtunwali has to give. We are valiant warriors but the existence of talibanization brought down misery to us, not to mention the extremism that followed and the whole soviet issue.

Yeah, our homeland has always been an area where foreigners feel they need to intervene for their own interests at the expense of the Pashtuns be they Indians, Pakistani (ISI), Americans, British, Soviets, Iranians, Mongols, Greeks or Arabs.

But we've repelled them everytime and hopefully in the future we'll repel them once again!

All I know about pashto is that any word ends with a Za za :P

o_O Za za? lol

Proud to be one though I have never been to the land of my ancestors ;p

Good stuff!
I always encourage people to learn about their ancestry!
Reply 24
Original post by khanaggge
technically i am.. my grandad was one and could speak pashto, but we speak punjabi :s-smilie:

Same, my grandmother could but it got lost :frown:
I'd love to go back to Khyber-Pakhtunkwa(sp?). I suppose it's too dangerous as of now though. It's amazing, so beautiful. Hope to go to Afghanistan one day too.
hey,
I'm a Pashtun and I'm from Kandahar but never been there!
Reply 27
Original post by anonymous_angel_16
hey,
I'm a Pashtun and I'm from Kandahar but never been there!

I love the accent the Kandaris speak with.

Can you speak Pashto?
I am! But apparently I don't look it! However there was this old dude that asked if I was puktun or something like that and I said yeah. And he was like yeah I knew it!
Original post by Pukhtun

I'm sorry I accidently negged you on your last post, just meant to click on the link!:colondollar:

I also happen to have a considerable amount of knowledge on pathan people despite not even being asian myself :biggrin:
Reply 30
Original post by Le Masquerador.
I'm sorry I accidently negged you on your last post, just meant to click on the link!:colondollar:

Lol no worries :wink:

I also happen to have a considerable amount of knowledge on pathan people despite not even being asian myself :biggrin:

Please, elaborate :smile:
Reply 31
quarter here....:ninja:

my nans fully pathan :ahee:

used to be fluent in pashto up until the age of 7/8

now all i seem to know is.....dilta rasha & makava :colonhash:

:lol:
Original post by Pukhtun
Lol no worries :wink:

Please, elaborate :smile:

Just bits and pieces I've picked up from friends (usually pakistani) and because I wikipedia just about everything there is, a few bits more I have picked up from there :smile:
Reply 33
Haha we seem to be getting a steady influx of posters today!

Original post by blush.ox
quarter here....:ninja:

my nans fully pathan :ahee:

used to be fluent in pashto up until the age of 7/8

now all i seem to know is.....dilta rasha & makava :colonhash:

:lol:

You are Pakistani and speak Urdu?
Reply 34
Just bits and pieces I've picked up from friends (usually pakistani) and because I wikipedia just about everything there is, a few bits more I have picked up from there :smile:

That's awesome! :smile:

Feel free to contribute when we get a soc going :]
Original post by Pukhtun
That's awesome! :smile:

Feel free to contribute when we get a soc going :]

Really?! You mean you won't kick me out because I'm not Pukhtuns/Pashtuns/Pathan? :awesome:
Reply 36
Amir jan
What are people from Lahore called?
Reply 38
Really?! You mean you won't kick me out because I'm not Pukhtuns/Pashtuns/Pathan? :awesome:

Hehe of course not!

We'll just talk about you in Pashto :ninja:

:tongue:
pathan here. im a khan. most of my mums side of the family speak pashtun

Quick Reply

Latest