The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by silent ninja

Cool, sounds good. Hopefully Sony will sort that out so you don't have to re-purchase games. You need to download some emulators and get those good old Nintendo classics on the go.

They would run brilliantly with the handheld controls
Original post by mikeyd85
Also, the Asus Eee Pad Transformer looks very, very good.

http://www.reghardware.com/2011/04/01/asus_eee_pad/

That looks pretty slick but a keyboard makes it a bit bulky by the look of it? IMO the whole point of a tablet is really thin, light, easy to use on the go.. looks like a beast though in terms of specs.

I bought an Advent Vega instead of an ipad in the end, #220, relatively basic when you put it up against that or the ipad 2, runs very well once you've put some custom firmware on it which allows you to install the Market, and am loving it for business / playing about with on the sofa or on the train atm. Android ftw
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by yoyo462001
Lucky phone :fan:

:sexface:
Reply 4543
Having a really annoying issue with Android on music files. Basically I bluetoothed some .mp3 files to my phone to listen to. I also previously bleutoothed some unrelated images to my phone. Now some of the files play music with that image displayed when playing (some of them have correct album cover) how do I get rid of this? I deleted the file from the phone but still having the same problem. When I play the song on my computer it does not show the same image. How do I remove the image?
Original post by omarion526
That looks pretty slick but a keyboard makes it a bit bulky by the look of it? IMO the whole point of a tablet is really thin, light, easy to use on the go.. looks like a beast though in terms of specs.

I bought an Advent Vega instead of an ipad in the end, #220, relatively basic when you put it up against that or the ipad 2, runs very well once you've put some custom firmware on it which allows you to install the Market, and am loving it for business / playing about with on the sofa or on the train atm. Android ftw

Keyboard is an optional extra I'd probably ignore tbh.

Trying my hand at the App Inventor at the mo... I can make buttons switch between screens. Oh yeah. :sexface:

Edit: Was thinking of LG Optimus 2x more seriously today, then I saw the bugs thread for it over on XDA...
(edited 13 years ago)
Someone help! I cant download apps onto my sony ericsson x8. Its stuck on starting download.......help please
Original post by G8D
Try using a file browser to go into your downloads folder and look for a load ok APK files like download.apk, download(1).apk (or something similar) and install them manually/delete them. This sometimes helps as the Market is confused by these downloaded but not installed apps.

Yeah, I really like it.

Still not working
Gah FFS. Why can't Cronos just work without something breaking
Original post by wizard710
Gah FFS. Why can't Cronos just work without something breaking

What's broken on CG1.9.5?

What's broken on CG1.9.5?

Just random things meaning I have to keep reflashing. I put it on on friday night and then realised something was killing gmail so reflashed again this morning and found the problem is more to do with titanium cos it works before I restore my backup and now it has stopped locking and the home button doesn't work again
So who's got the Xperia Arc? It's looking hot. I'm think it might be the one. I need to check it out in person. I don't think I'd be able to afford an all out high-end phone like the SGS2 cos it's gonna be over £500 and I'm one that likes to buy SIM free. The Arc will be around £100 cheaper, maybe more.
I just can't justify to my self having a gamepad, yeah its fine but id rather a keyboard since i'll be using it all day. When you factor in games on android are paritcuarly great, though they are improving rapidly, it just doesn't seem viable as a phone to me.
Original post by wizard710
Just random things meaning I have to keep reflashing. I put it on on friday night and then realised something was killing gmail so reflashed again this morning and found the problem is more to do with titanium cos it works before I restore my backup and now it has stopped locking and the home button doesn't work again

I found that if you Titanium any system apps and any licenced apps they tend to not work. Try reinstalling from the Market. I've no problems at all with CG195... As for the homescreen, I've not a clue!

On the xperia Play - Meh, not powerful enough.
Original post by yoyo462001
I just can't justify to my self having a gamepad, yeah its fine but id rather a keyboard since i'll be using it all day. When you factor in games on android are paritcuarly great, though they are improving rapidly, it just doesn't seem viable as a phone to me.

I don't know if you were responding to me, but I meant the Arc not the Play. The Arc looks pretty awesome.

I don't know if you were responding to me, but I meant the Arc not the Play. The Arc looks pretty awesome.

Oh yeah you were, it was late at night and I wasn't thinking straight :p: hardware wise the Arc is good but if I was to ever get it i'd have to put launcher pro on immediately, I can't stand their UI, too bluey for my liking.

I found that if you Titanium any system apps and any licenced apps they tend to not work. Try reinstalling from the Market. I've no problems at all with CG195... As for the homescreen, I've not a clue!

On the xperia Play - Meh, not powerful enough.

It's happened to me before and I reflashed and it sorted it. Everything seems to be working now anyway and I installed gmail from the market when I finished and that is working as well :smile:
Wondering if anyone could give me a hand here, been trying to find out the exact spec for the up and coming samsung galaxy S2, everywhere states dual core 1ghz procccesor and all the other bells and whistles, but I can't seem to get a consistent value for RAM

http://www.samsung.com/global/microsite/galaxys2/html/specification.html

Doesn't have it listed and other review sites state it from anywhere between 512mb and others at 1gb, anyone here able to say what it is?
Original post by john_john
Wondering if anyone could give me a hand here, been trying to find out the exact spec for the up and coming samsung galaxy S2, everywhere states dual core 1ghz procccesor and all the other bells and whistles, but I can't seem to get a consistent value for RAM

http://www.samsung.com/global/microsite/galaxys2/html/specification.html

Doesn't have it listed and other review sites state it from anywhere between 512mb and others at 1gb, anyone here able to say what it is?

GSM Arena state 1gb RAM. I think they're pretty reliable.
Wait for some more reviews? The phone is out this month so I'm sure more UK sites will be reviewing it properly.

This looks awesome but it's gonna cost a hella lot! I still got my eye on this but I've kinda been swayed to the SE camp cos the Arc has a unique design, not the same old slab design that LG, Samsung and HTC seem to love....though the SGS2 is looking sexy (that screen looks wow).
(edited 13 years ago)

Latest

Trending

Trending